League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Thresh First Impressions and Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3037637)

The Blat 01-23-2013 04:34 PM

Thresh First Impressions and Discussion

Hello, friends.

I've recently acquired Thresh, because he looked like he would really be a good champ to have around, both in the lane and in teamfights. Plus he looks like a Mind Flayer which is pretty rad.

Anyway, I've played a couple games with him so far and now my first impressions are:

He's really, really not good.

All of his CC is basically negligible. His E will move enemy champions maybe two feet, you can barely even tell he used it apart from the Knockup. His Q is basically the same, the only use I can see for it is an immobilizer or to prepare for an initiate. Not to mention it has a ludicrously long windup on it, about twice as long as Blitz's Rocket Arm, a much more useful and versatile spell.

Thresh's ultimate is also a huge problem. It has the potential to be very good, but the fact that it gets its utility cut in half after one person walks through it is completely unnecessary. Veigar's E doesn't fade after someone walks through it, and it's a STUN, not just a slow that champs like Yi can just walk right through.

His AP ratios, disregarding his ult, are also pitiful.

I still haven't thought of a way to build this champion to make him do his job better than Blitz or Nautilus. This is ONLY MY OPINION.

Please, add your thoughts. This is a thread for discussion. If I'm doing it wrong, please let me know as well.

ImpTaimer 01-23-2013 04:40 PM

He gets free AP and Armor.

You basically build like Taric.

His E is the only ability that infuriates me, mostly due to the camera angle. The concept of aiming away still hasn't sunk in. I'd much rather it be opposite (aim forward to pull, aim back to throw).

Crittermorph 01-23-2013 04:47 PM

I've played two games with him.
-Game 1) Building AP was my mistake in game one. The ratios are "pitiful". I also Stacked resist and hp.
-Game 2) Building both some AP and AD gave me more damage output and allowed me to push my top lane. Along with stacked HP, armor, and regen. Had a few kills, was decent support for team fights.

Overall,he needs either an AP ratio adjustment, a revamp on his ulti, or allow his spells (dmg spells) to scale with AD... in order for him to be a viable champion that I would play quite often. ATM he needs a revamp of some sort, Im not feeling him... lol

ImpTaimer 01-23-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crittermorph (Hozzászólás 33826465)
I've played two games with him.
-Game 1) Building AP was my mistake in game one. The ratios are "pitiful". aLSO Stacked resist and hp.
-Game 2) Building both some AP and AD gave me more damage output and allowed me to push my top lane. Along with stacked HP, armor, and regen. Had a few kills, was decent support for team fights.

Overall, I Like thresh but he needs either an AP ratio adjustment, a revamp on his ulti, or a significant AD build twhich allows his spells to hit with AD.

Shen also has this problem, the solution is to not build this way because it clashes with his purpose/playstyle.

His ratios aren't **** for a tank, some other tanks just have ratios that are too good *couamumugh*

SethCypher 01-23-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpTaimer (Hozzászólás 33826170)
His E is the only ability that infuriates me, mostly due to the camera angle. The concept of aiming away still hasn't sunk in. I'd much rather it be opposite (aim forward to pull, aim back to throw).

So you'd prefer inversed controls? Wouldn't that create an issue then if you were trying to throw them away?

His pull has a windup because of the functions it gives Thresh. He's able to keep moving or cast spells while reeling an enemy in, or he's able to initiate a fight and bring his other initiator into the fight via lantern pull. Its not that its inferior to Blitzcrank's or Nautilus's pull, its just that it has a different function in relation to Thresh's playstyle.

His abysmal AP ratios are mainly because he has pretty decent harassing tool as it stands in the form of his Q.

As for his ultimate in comparison to Veigar's E, Veigar's E doesn't deal nuke damage nor does it apply the effect if you walked into another one of the walls (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that one).

I don't think the champions was really made for lanes other than bot lane, since he does require the lane where the enemy minions are killed the most.

ImpTaimer 01-23-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SethCypher (Hozzászólás 33826624)
So you'd prefer inversed controls? Wouldn't that create an issue then if you were trying to throw them away?

His pull has a windup because of the functions it gives Thresh. He's able to keep moving or cast spells while reeling an enemy in, or he's able to initiate a fight and bring his other initiator into the fight via lantern pull. Its not that its inferior to Blitzcrank's or Nautilus's pull, its just that it has a different function in relation to Thresh's playstyle.

His abysmal AP ratios are mainly because he has pretty decent harassing tool as it stands in the form of his Q.

As for his ultimate in comparison to Veigar's E, Veigar's E doesn't deal nuke damage nor does it apply the effect if you walked into another one of the walls (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that one).

Again it's mostly an issue because when someone is running away, the whole "aim away to pull" freaks my brain out and gets me paranoid.

"What if I accidently move in that direction instead of using the ability?" etc

But this is because I play with free cam instead of locked cam.

SethCypher 01-23-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpTaimer (Hozzászólás 33826714)
Again it's mostly an issue because when someone is running away, the whole "aim away to pull" freaks my brain out and gets me paranoid.

"What if I accidently move in that direction instead of using the ability?" etc

But this is because I play with free cam instead of locked cam.

I thought everyone plays with free cam? I think that just takes practice and experience to be honest.

Purple Mischief 01-23-2013 04:55 PM

Well, I just played a ranked game with him as a support. I laned with Draven and we wrecked that lane and then the game. His lantern is such a good tool and his CC is phenominal. The hook is darn amazing.

He has so much utility that when used in accordance with his team it makes him deadly. Because this is the thing, he is a team chamion not a solo champion.

I got a Philo stone and a Warmogs and I was so disruptive they surrendered. Next game.. he was banned.

SethCypher 01-23-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple Mischief (Hozzászólás 33826807)
I laned with Draven and we wrecked that lane and then the game.

Was it a Soulreaver Draven? Because that seems to be the trend right now lol.

Crittermorph 01-23-2013 04:59 PM

If someone comes up with a good build, let us know on this thread please ^