League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MR for tanks (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3037449)

grimphoenix 01-23-2013 04:54 PM

MR for tanks

TIRED OF ANTI MR BS HERE, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE, GO TO http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6&highlight=mr IF YOU WANT TO POST THAT ****.

Hello,
I am writing this because I know that there are a ton of people who want another dedicated tank MR item back, all the ones we have right now can not be built on full tanks, or are mixed with useless stats, I am proposing to turn this thread into a petition to bring back an item for the full tanks out there who want MR without unused damage stats and useless secondary abilities, please post your support here, if you have already posted a thread please link it, and I will update the supported post count with all of the posters in your thread.

Note that this is for full on top tanks (singed, malphite, sejuani, and galio, as well as shen, amumu, and voli to a lesser extent) Not support tanks (taric, leona, others)

Here are some of the current MR items and why they do not work.
Bulwark, supports buy this item, not tanks, buying it on a tank if you have a support is a waste of a slot which could be used for an item with team beneficial stats or additional MR should one be available.
Banshees, most of this effect is in the spell shield, as a full tank you need more health, mana, and MR than this item can give you, it is for squishes with carry problems, not tanks.
Visage, this item is best used on swain, ww, fiddle, and vlad, champions with little to no benefit from HP regen can not use this item effectively, ergo, most tanks.
Maw, abyssal, and wits end have the same problem, they are for damage, this gives them inferior defense stats.

Best possible stats on this item.
MR (obviously)
Move speed (engagements and interceptions are much easier and more fun when you can get to them in the first place)

Secondary stats and ability ideas.
Percentage based magic damage reduction.
Flat magic damage reduction off of each spell.
Delay damage taken (eg, instead of being bursted, some percent of damage would be absorbed and delt to the user as a DOT over 5-10 seconds, same damage just prevents the insta kill on being CCed)
Damage dealt to attacker on hit (either on magic damage or independent on how much they do to you)
Speed boost when taking damage
Damage to enemies based on your max HP
Feel free to post other ideas.

Current Supporting Post Count: 9

to all those who are tired of building abyssal and maw on champions without scalings, HUZZA! we will not give up!

P.S.
Please find another post to voice anti MR concerns, you are not wanted here, message me on league and I can suggest a couple threads to post your hate.

TealNinje 01-23-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimphoenix (Hozzászólás 33824425)
Current Supporting Post Count: 9

Counting your own posts makes this number meaningless. Also, stop spamming the forums with uneducated threads.

DrAsawa15 01-23-2013 05:23 PM

Agreed
Personally, I get visage. I think that it actually gives the most MR for a single item at 50MR. The CDR and Health is nice, and the cost is cheap. A must on Voli, Mao, and Shen, but even on tanks without any healing.

A dedicated MR item really is needed though, with the removal of Force of Nature, which gave, I think 86MR. It also could have something like a Kassidan Passive and absorb a % of all magic damage.

TealNinje 01-23-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrAsawa15 (Hozzászólás 33825535)
Agreed
Personally, I get visage. I think that it actually gives the most MR for a single item at 50MR. The CDR and Health is nice, and the cost is cheap. A must on Voli, Mao, and Shen, but even on tanks without any healing.

A dedicated MR item really is needed though, with the removal of Force of Nature, which gave, I think 86MR. It also could have something like a Kassidan Passive and absorb a % of all magic damage.

Force of Nature provided 76 MR.

It also single-handedly shut down mages. This was bad game design.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Force of Nature and would love for it to come back, but it was ridiculous for preventing mages from killing anything. If it did come back, I would want it to have pretty minimal MR, no % healing (but very high HP5 instead), and slightly weaker moverspeed.

grimphoenix 01-23-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TealNinje (Hozzászólás 33825766)

Don't get me wrong, I loved Force of Nature and would love for it to come back, but it was ridiculous for preventing mages from killing anything. If it did come back, I would want it to have pretty minimal MR, no % healing (but very high HP5 instead), and slightly weaker moverspeed.

Well thought out, but this is less about FON than new MR item ideas, something more dedicated given (highest mr now is fifty some, compared to 76) not asking for a huge MR item, just something for more dedicated, non supporty tanks.

TealNinje 01-23-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimphoenix (Hozzászólás 33826155)
Well thought out, but this is less about FON than new MR item ideas, something more dedicated given (highest mr now is fifty some, compared to 76) not asking for a huge MR item, just something for more dedicated, non supporty tanks.

You are failing to see that high MR shuts down mages hard. There is no comparison. The only mages who aren't shut down by the combination of MR and health are those who deal small amounts of magic damage, but deal it so rapidly that it equates to the same.

Karmegeddon 01-24-2013 08:31 AM

76 mr was bad design, it was too much. Also, your tanks are usually your jungle or support, with bruisers going top lane. Bulwark is an excellent item on both of these roles. The buff stack on the people holding the items, and it basically doubles the range on the aura, assuming both arent standing right on top of each other.
You have tops of viable alternatives, haxdrinker is cheap, so is visage if you dont. I'm assuming youre talking pure tanks here, because bruisers have a load of viable options including the two above, wits and abyssal for the ap. There are very few champions that fit the 'pure tank' role that wont benefit from these items. Maybe the pure health stacking tanks, but they build pure health anyway, and dont need a ton of MR, and shen, voli, can buy wits and/or visage, and sej, naut, mao and malph can buy abyssal and visage.
Your argument is bigoted, you cant see the obvious alternative in front of you and you resist and ignore anyone that tries to open your eyes. Stop flooding the forums with this rubbish, so many people have given you answers and yet you ignore anyone who disagrees with you. you have 9 replies that agree with you, including your own posts. Out of 2 threads, the other which is 3 pages long. Maybe you should realise that there are a lot of people who know you are wrong, yet you insist on pushing your stupid opinion in their faces.

Tyr Ahn Nee 01-24-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TealNinje (Hozzászólás 33825766)

Flip Flop (Free Dictionary Online)
1. To move back and forth between two conditions or circumstances, sometimes repeatedly:
2. To reverse a stand or position:

Autocthon 01-24-2013 05:27 PM

Bulwark. Bulwark is everything FoN was for magic defenses, and as a bonus some of that defensive power is tied into HP. Oh and it gives an aura. Oh and if somebody else gets bulwark you STILL get their aura.

Did I mention it builds out of something you as the tank should be building anyway? If its not enough Spirit Visage is 2200 gold, and totals out to as much MR as you had with Aegis+FoN last season. And gives CDR.

Still not enough? Buy warmog's. It's the ultimate anti-burst item, and if you're still dying with 110 bonus MR and 650 bonus HP (totaling 5.4k gold for the stats mind you) you're not dying to magic damage. You're dying to being bad. Warmog's tends to fix that.

And if that's till not enough? Then you should be worrying about getting some offensive stats. Tanks who do nothing but soak damage are worthless to their team and just get ignored. I recommend Abyssal. RoA. Rylai. If you're Shen/Naut/Cho Wit's end is a good choice.

Edit: Andf to further show how wrong you are this is stuff from Xypherous. You know Xyph right? Item balance guru? Game design guy? If you think you're better at understanding game balance than a guy whose job it is to sit there and reason out how to balance the game then maybe you should apply for riot.

Removal of FoN: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/12...ures.html#more
Health of AP (hint they think APs are worse than before, not better because of MR loss): http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01...-and.html#more

Sereg Anfaug 01-24-2013 05:41 PM

Spirit Visage, Runic Bulwark, Banshee's Veil. Lots of MR available. Use it.