League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Superflash every 16 seconds, Why is that not OP? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3035657)

DingoRabiit 01-23-2013 07:01 AM

Superflash every 16 seconds, Why is that not OP?

So im getting nails hammered into my head about how apparently stupid I am for beliving that a 5x regular distance Flash, usable every 16 seconds without CDR, That also blocks one tower shot, is overpowered.
So could someone explain to me why this ability is NOT overpowered?

But I cannot fathom a reason other than "you know where they are going to end up" And even that isnt even a good reason, the Nearly Dead champion is still gonna get away unless you've got some really good skillshots.

The lane recovery factor is crazy good.
A hidden 2v1 is also good (but they can see the teather and therefore see it coming)
A sudden (faster than normal gank) 3v2 is really going to mess with people for the first little while untill they get used to it.

The guy can toss the lantern, Walk 1400Paces because the teather breaks at 1500paces and Then the ally pulls onto it, That is some MASSIVE distance covered

Peligrad 01-23-2013 07:13 AM

cuz it costs a character 1/4th of his kit maybe?

It costs mana? you can only go to where he is?

It requires coordinated action between two champions to achieve?

Take your pick...

DingoRabiit 01-23-2013 07:19 AM

That 1/4th kit (actually 1/5th) ability is nuts! I understand that its a new mechanic, But what other character has A Single ability As good as this one?

Costs mana? Thats really not an issue.
Requires coordination? Not at all, Toss lantern, Wait for wounded ally to click it. (teamfights)
Requires coordination? In lane, But what support doesnt have a 1/4th kit ability that requires coordination? (im not seriously asking you to pick one, Im just saying that all Good supports use a simmilar 1-2Punch combo that requires coordination) Eg's are Blitzcrank, Alistar, Lux, Leona, Nami, Janna

XMoulinRougeX 01-23-2013 07:22 AM

Goodness, complaints over a champion that hasn't even been released live yet? *rollseyes*

Zombiemaster 01-23-2013 07:23 AM

Thresh hasn't even hit live yet, so unless you've played hundreds and hundreds of games as or against him on the PBE, then I would suggest waiting for him to be on the live server for at least a weak before deciding that it is OP.

CerealBoxOfDoom 01-23-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XMoulinRougeX (Hozzászólás 33806917)
Goodness, complaints over a champion that hasn't even been released live yet? *rollseyes*

logic is independant of experience. It does sound scary but I doubt itll be an issue

Jalian 01-23-2013 07:30 AM

I don't see how its op to be able to pull a teammate to safety, but not OP to pull an enemy into your team.

anti blitz time!

CerealBoxOfDoom 01-23-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalian (Hozzászólás 33807133)
anti blitz time!

LOL
the true motive is revealed

DingoRabiit 01-23-2013 07:32 AM

Guys, Im asking for someone to Explain to me why They think it is NOT overpowered, I feel that the ability is Crazy powerful and pulling a Amumu from Dragon into a tribush gank is totally nuts.

I thinks its overpowered, And i put up a few reasons, I would like to hear the other side of the argument. Not pointless banter of "Dont talk about it untill he hits live"

DingoRabiit 01-23-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalian (Hozzászólás 33807133)
I don't see how its op to be able to pull a teammate to safety, but not OP to pull an enemy into your team.

anti blitz time!

Well, You can dodge Blitz' skill shot, You cant stop the enemy from Right Clicking the Lantern