League of Legends Community
12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New AD item for high health targets (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3035556)

Tejesh 01-23-2013 05:48 AM

New AD item for high health targets
 
Parasitic Bow and Arrow

Recurve Bow +30% AS (950)
Vampiric Scepter +10 AD, +10% LS (800)
BF Sword +45 AD (1550)

Stats:
+60 AD, +40% AS
UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks deal an additional amount of damage equal to 4% of target's maximum health as magic damage and heal you for the same amount. Max 500 damage against monsters.
UNIQUE Active: Gain bonus attack damage equal to your base attack damage and 20% lifesteal for 5 seconds. 90 second cooldown.

3300 + 500 combine cost = 3800g.

Yuan Shikai 01-23-2013 07:55 AM

No. Like really, NO, that is what blade of the ruined king is for.

The item you just described is FAR better than Madred's Blood Razor (that has been removed for being a noobtrap) has ever been while still cheaper and there already is an item to serve it's purpose.

Kholdstare13 01-23-2013 08:28 AM

No. I would like to see bloodrazor come back, however. It seems to be sorely needed with the prevalence of hp tanks. BotRK is almost never worthwhile, has contrary stats to most builds that would use a health scaling on-hit, and underperforms as a 'current health' based damage, especially since it gains only the passive and a modified active (again too short ranged for builds that would WANT on-hit) from the upgrade.

Vuther 01-23-2013 09:03 AM

If they ever brought back Bloodrazor's passive, it certainly wouldn't be as the magic damage type which almost made the passive bad just by that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 (Hozzászólás 33808500)
BotRK is...has contrary stats to most builds that would use a health scaling on-hit

You're going to have to elaborate on that for me.

DementedLord 01-23-2013 09:42 AM

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...he_Ruined_King

ಠ_ಠ

Kholdstare13 01-23-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vuther (Hozzászólás 33809469)
You're going to have to elaborate on that for me.

AD and lifesteal. If you are building for on-hit, you want attack speed and possibly AP. Bloodrazor was amazing at 4% per hit since it was the equivalent of 200-400 AP depending on the champion and the enemy's health, attack speed to synergize with the build, a little bit of AD which only helped early on when you would be building it (or if you were a jungler like WW) and a small amount of armor which was actually significant in season 2 for survivability. Lifesteal on BotRK is absolutely worthless with the tiny amount of AD an on-hit champion will have, and the AD is usable, but to a lesser extent than it could be, especially if applied through a hurricane.

BotRK is 2900 gold and has no attack speed to further the purpose of your build. It gains nothing but its secondary abilities for a 975 gold upgrade, which would be worthwhile by itself but you already had to blow 1925 on a worthless cutlass. The active does not help at ALL since it is incredibly short range and scales off of your AD. The passive damage scales off of CURRENT health which requires you to start targeting from full against a very tanky target to be effective over other items, deals PHYSICAL damage which cannot synergize with mpen runes, masteries, or malady's shred, and is further reduced by the normal excess of armor over MR found on most champions.

The only good thing about it is it provides a means of sustain for an on-hit without requiring AD and lifesteal combined, since spellvamp never applies to on-hit damage. Even that scales down quickly as the target gets lower on health, making it only marginally useful if you start with high to full health.

So yes, no on-hit champion would ever consider BotRK. Bloodrazor had everything to quickly boost an on-hit build to an acceptable state, and aside from an optional malady, made up the entire core of any on-hit build.

Vuther 01-23-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 (Hozzászólás 33814018)
AD and lifesteal. If you are building for on-hit, you want attack speed and possibly AP. Bloodrazor was amazing at 4% per hit since it was the equivalent of 200-400 AP depending on the champion and the enemy's health, attack speed to synergize with the build, and a small amount of armor which was actually significant in season 2 for survivability. Lifesteal on BotRK is absolutely worthless with the tiny amount of AD an on-hit champion will have, and the AD is usable, but to a lesser extent than it could be, especially if applied through a hurricane.

BotRK is 2900 gold and has no attack speed to further the purpose of your build. It gains nothing but its secondary abilities for a 975 gold upgrade, which would be worthwhile by itself but you already had to blow 1925 on a worthless cutlass. The active does not help at ALL since it is incredibly short range and scales off of your AD. The passive damage scales off of CURRENT health which requires you to start targeting from full against a very tanky target to be effective over other items, deals PHYSICAL damage which cannot synergize with mpen runes, masteries, or malady's shred, and is further reduced by the normal excess of armor over MR found on most champions.

The only good thing about it is it provides a means of sustain for an on-hit without requiring AD and lifesteal combined, since spellvamp never applies to on-hit damage. Even that scales down quickly as the target gets lower on health, making it only marginally useful if you start with high to full health.

So yes, no on-hit champion would ever consider BotRK. Bloodrazor had everything to quickly boost an on-hit build to an acceptable state, and aside from an optional malady, made up the entire core of any on-hit build.

Aside from how on-hit sucked and still kinda sucks, so BotRK doing better with ArP and AD builds is preferable.

Kholdstare13 01-23-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vuther (Hozzászólás 33814266)
Aside from how on-hit sucked and still kinda sucks, so BotRK doing better with ArP and AD builds is preferable.

Exactly. It's an item for AD champions who could benefit from a cutlass early, but would not want a gunblade later on. Even then it is dubious in its usefulness over a simple bloodthirster, especially since many of those ADs will have crit. What we need is a solid on-hit item, or simply bringing bloodrazor back. Bloodrazor was always an awesome jungler choice for WW, since he could use the maderd's to jungle, then use his ult and massive AS steroid later on to take full use of the finished bloodrazor.

Vuther 01-23-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 (Hozzászólás 33814470)
Exactly. It's an item for AD champions who could benefit from a cutlass early, but would not want a gunblade later on. Even then it is dubious in its usefulness over a simple bloodthirster, especially since many of those ADs will have crit. What we need is a solid on-hit item, or simply bringing bloodrazor back. Bloodrazor was always an awesome jungler choice for WW, since he could use the maderd's to jungle, then use his ult and massive AS steroid later on to take full use of the finished bloodrazor.

Warwick was pretty much the only person Bloodrazor wasn't an awful idea on.

Bringing it back wouldn't change that or make on-hit viable.

Kholdstare13 01-23-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vuther (Hozzászólás 33816334)
Warwick was pretty much the only person Bloodrazor wasn't an awful idea on.

Bringing it back wouldn't change that or make on-hit viable.

I played Kog seasons 1 and 2 as a bot lane on-hit carry (occasionally mid) and ALWAYS rushed bloodrazor first.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:21 AM.
12


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc