League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   question about when to buy upgraded sighstone for supports (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3035080)

MightyLlama 01-22-2013 10:46 PM

question about when to buy upgraded sighstone for supports

Hi. I have, in general, been doing the following purchase order as a support, but am wondering if gettting the upgraded sightstone sooner would be better sense I NEVER have less then 3 wards on me when leaving shop.

Right now i do: Gold-per item > sightstone > basic boots > support item built from my gold item > upgraded boots > upgraded sightstone > support item

I am considering: Gold-per item > sightstone > basic boots > upgraded sightstone > upgraded boots > support item built from my gold > support item

I was also thinking, especially if I am going bulwark first that does not use gold-per item:

Some regen > Sightstone > basic boots > upgraded sightstone > upgraded boots > support item > more regen

Basicly I have just noticed that gold-per items are pennies compared to what i save on wards, and I have noticed some much better regen items for my healers who only need mana.

-Llama

Panzerfaust 01-23-2013 12:32 AM

If you just want 'some regen,' and aren't looking for an early component to an early item, I highly recommend you consider starting with a Flask. Recurring pots for laning are pretty darned awesome.

TehomCD 01-23-2013 04:01 AM

It depends for me - I try to rush aegis first if I can, but if laning is ending relatively early I'll finish ruby sightstone first for the additional ward. I tend to build basic boots pretty late now, sometimes even after aegis/ruby sightstone, depending on whether roaming has started or not.

Chopinator 01-23-2013 05:17 AM

I usually go Phil-Pick-SS-Aegis-RS with boots in there somewhere.

beermanfu 01-23-2013 06:04 AM

Basic sightstone gets you two wards, buying a vision ward gets you 3 in lane at all times you can clear their bush to dominate lane or pink the river to open up ganks.

There isn't really a need for the upgraded sightstone in lane, 3 wards total (basic stone + vision) can cover the whole lane. I upgrade it when laning phase ends to get the extra ward.

Early game I rush the sightstone first, then philo, then emblem for aegis and boots 1 against a mobile team. Playing it by ear from there, I also don't upgrade to shurelia's until later in the game.

Chopinator 01-23-2013 06:19 AM

Not to get off topic but do most supports get SS or 2nd GP item first? I usually lean to 2nd GP item while buying wards.

Fs Son0fSilas 01-23-2013 06:35 AM

^ unless it is a super passive lane, or you are playing with a lategame hyper carry (vayne, kog), I would skip taking lucky pick. The sightstone pays for itsellf by the time you place 10 wards with it.

Most supports will take better advantage of the bonus hp more then the AP aswell.

Take gold generating Quints if you feel you are being set back on Gold.

MightyLlama 01-23-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzerfaust (Hozzászólás 33801322)
If you just want 'some regen,' and aren't looking for an early component to an early item, I highly recommend you consider starting with a Flask. Recurring pots for laning are pretty darned awesome.

I have seen that a lot of builds, really didint look too good on paper, but I will try it out.

MightyLlama 01-23-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopinator (Hozzászólás 33805611)
Not to get off topic but do most supports get SS or 2nd GP item first? I usually lean to 2nd GP item while buying wards.

I only get a GP item if I am sure I am going to build that item, as if you do the math all that GP item does is pay off a small portion of the item you build from it. The only exception is if you use philo stone are early regen, but then if flasks can cover that...

Sereg Anfaug 01-23-2013 09:05 AM

Situational as always, but I like to get it as early as possible.