League of Legends Community
12345 ... 9

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   A Twitch in the Web (Ask Elise) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3034943)

Ask Queen Spider 01-22-2013 09:42 PM

A Twitch in the Web (Ask Elise)

"The Shadow Isles. A land embraced by those who conquer and harness death, and shrouded in mystery by a thick, looming fog. The air is still, the nights are eternal, and the bone chilling sensation of fear is sent up ones spine as they attempt to traverse through it's prominent forests. Also: ow. Something bit my leg. Think it was a mosquito. Ew.

I run a fools errand, but I must see through to accomplish my goals. I hear howls behind me at almost all times - noises of beasts growing nearer and nearer - but I can't make out whether it's wolves I hear, or the haunting dead trying to grasp at my living soul and pull me into the darkness. I must not fail, but I grow tired. I will have to find a place to camp for the night."

Boney, red-tipped fingers turn the page to what appears to be a worn book...

"As I write this, I can feel something not settling right in my blood. The bite from earlier is swollen, and I fear it is far too late to amputate my leg. This may be my final minutes of life, as I can hear the noise of small skittering creatures circling in on me nearby. For any one who may find this, please, carry out my task. It was my wishes to seek the answer to one question. I simply wanted to ask the Spider Queen: Breakfast of Champioins?"

The worn journal came to a slamming shut. "What a silly question..." Elise descended from the ceiling of her cave, planting herself on the rocky floor. The walls around her were layered with thick webbing, hundreds of strands connecting from one end to the other, spiders of all shapes and sizes crawling around the area.

"Honestly, you would have made a better writer than a journalist..." She let out soft laughter as she approached a large cocoon not far from where she descended. She ran her fingers against it's webbing, leaving small trails. "But it would be rude of me not to answer your question..." She opened her mouth, leaning towards the lump of webbing. She suddenly paused as her fang like teeth were exposed and the many legs from her back prodding at the cocoon. Her red eyes eyed the entryway to her cave, an entryway that had been lit up by moonlight finding it's way to shine through the massive amounts of silken web. She pulled back, her expression running nothing more than unimpressed. "I suppose the answer you were looking for is: Anything that gets tangled in my web..." She played with a strand of web she had just formed in between her fingers. "I wonder what other questions will find their way in the Spiders home..."

((The previous Elise had given up their position. I'm looking to fulfill that spot! gl hf? ^-^; ))

OdainMorll 01-23-2013 05:53 AM

A letter would arrive for Elise from the Institute of War, likely meaning it's from a Summoner.

"Dear Elise, The Spider Queen

I write this letter to ask you, if it is of no bother of course, why did you join the League of Legends in the first place? The small paragraph of story that was written by the League itself and given to us does not explain this. It would be highly appreciated if you could reply to this letter.

Sincerly, Odain Morll."

Ask Queen Spider 01-23-2013 11:55 AM

Her pointy, reverse stiletto like feet would click against the rocky flooring as she paced in thought. She held the letter carefully, scanning each word. By the time she had finished reading, she had retreated herself back to her spider-like throne. She sat comfortably, holding a commanding presence, while folding the letter. She was provided with a pen and paper by various spiderlings while she thought up a response.

"Dear Odain Morll of the Institute of War.

It has come to my attention that not many of these so-called-champions enjoy my presence. In fact; they see my methods of survival as 'inhumane.' Can you believe it? For this reason, amongst a few others, I shall demonstrate the power I have been gifted in the Fields of Justice, to prove I am a force to be reckoned with. Besides, I do my part to assist my fellow compatriots of the Shadow Isles. There's even the added bonus of potential-" She hesitated on writing further, thinking her next words carefully. "-'treasures' to be had upon defeating a foe. All in good taste, of course."

She almost laughed at her own closing sentence, finishing her letter with a signature. She summoned a rather large, plump spider, one she used webbing to tie the letter to. "Be on your way... try to sneak your way onto a boat. The letter will find it's way..."

OdainMorll 01-23-2013 01:47 PM

Waking up to the sight of a near baby-sized, black spider laying on top of you in the middle of the night does wonders for one's mental health. After a brief, scream-filled session of thrashing around Odain had noticed the reply letter and read it before watching the spiderling scuttle away.

With a short sigh he sits down and writes up another note.

Thank you very much for your reply, I apologise if letters are inconvinient but the Shadow Isles are not my idea of a nice place to travel through. Perhaps the other Champions of the league hold a dislike of your methods because they have different opinions and ideals on life? If I may ask another question, I do wonder as to how you intend to...'sustain' yourself now that your cult has been revealed as false because of the Institute's article on you.

Sincerly, Odain Morll."

(( Sorry if that's not what you intended the spider to do. ^^; ))

Ask TheMetal Man 01-23-2013 03:09 PM

((http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ght=soul+stone

Was doing an RP with the old Elise. The plot was to find a stone so that they can use it to gather souls and use it to revive the Ruined King. Can you be able to fill in Elise in this mini-quest please?))

Triskael 01-24-2013 12:27 AM

Dear Elise,

I gather from your answer to the Breakfast question that your tastes vary, but I must ask... What is your taste in men? Are there any Gentleman out there that have caught your eye?

Sincerely,
Summoner Triskael

Ask the String 01-24-2013 11:06 AM

((Okay...take two))

Sona glides into Elise's cave, her melodies echoing off the web covered walls. She approaches the spider queen slowly, stopping at a distance.

♪Hello there, Elise,♪ Her melodies play, ♪How has the League been treating you as of late?♪

Ask Queen Spider 01-24-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OdainMorll (Hozzászólás 33819016)
Waking up to the sight of a near baby-sized, black spider laying on top of you in the middle of the night does wonders for one's mental health. After a brief, scream-filled session of thrashing around Odain had noticed the reply letter and read it before watching the spiderling scuttle away.

With a short sigh he sits down and writes up another note.

Thank you very much for your reply, I apologise if letters are inconvinient but the Shadow Isles are not my idea of a nice place to travel through. Perhaps the other Champions of the league hold a dislike of your methods because they have different opinions and ideals on life? If I may ask another question, I do wonder as to how you intend to...'sustain' yourself now that your cult has been revealed as false because of the Institute's article on you.

Sincerly, Odain Morll."

(( Sorry if that's not what you intended the spider to do. ^^; ))

((Trust me, it was! Glad you picked up on it. Also would work if anyone found the spider, chased it off, and found the letter left behind - promptly mailing it.))

Elise had gone through the second letter, swaying her right leg ontop of her left, writing up another letter on her knee.

"It is a hindrance on my person, yes. I was not entirely fond of the article, but what would I know? This leads me to my next question to hopefully answer yours: why would I write to the Institute of War about my next plans, when clearly you've spoiled my work the first time?" Her smile transformed into an eventual scowl, twirling her pen between her two fingers. "If you must know anything, I can give you small details: it involves a dark alley, the sound of coins dropping, and lots of web." Her smile returned to her as she sent the letter on it's way, using yet another spider to deliver the letter to do her bidding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ask TheMetal Man (Hozzászólás 33822557)
((http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ght=soul+stone

Was doing an RP with the old Elise. The plot was to find a stone so that they can use it to gather souls and use it to revive the Ruined King. Can you be able to fill in Elise in this mini-quest please?))

((Sure thing. I'll read through it and do my best to keep it consistent with the previous Elise.))

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triskael (Hozzászólás 33840307)
Dear Elise,

I gather from your answer to the Breakfast question that your tastes vary, but I must ask... What is your taste in men? Are there any Gentleman out there that have caught your eye?

Sincerely,
Summoner Triskael

The letter she wrote was a list of various champions, most with their names crossed out. She sat there, a perplexed look upon her face as her eyes skimmed through the list for a second time.

"...Gragas... so much meat, but... I have a figure to watch. Brand... yuck... I suppose... Jayce doesn't appear too bad... No... Not at all. Honestly, so long as they're living, I don't even discriminate against gender! Just about anyone I can sink my fangs-" That's when it clicked. "... Oh. Who do I... admire?" She grinned, relaxing. "If I had to give a 'top three' - and only using champions that came to mind... Talon is a bit cute, rather dark and mysterious and I appreciate that in a man. Twisted Fate also holds some charm to him, but really... the Crimson Reaper would have the closest chance at stealing my 'heart' away." She gave a sigh, tilting her head with a brooding smile. "It is a shame he would likely take that so literally. Besides, in the end... no one truly charms the spider."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ask the Strings (Hozzászólás 33851833)
((Okay...take two))

Sona glides into Elise's cave, her melodies echoing off the web covered walls. She approaches the spider queen slowly, stopping at a distance.

♪Hello there, Elise,♪ Her melodies play, ♪How has the League been treating you as of late?♪

As Sona would make her way, any nearby spider along the path would clear the way, hiding amongst the shadows. The Spider Queen's eyes winced as Sona approached, focusing her gaze upon her while spiders scrambled to find places to hide.

"Your music... the vibrations... They scare the little ones..." Elise brought herself to smile, yet remained in her chair. "How easily frightened they are... yet even I can feel the vibrations your melodies carry..." She inhaled heavily, sweeping her right leg off of her left, setting her foot back onto the floor. She leaned herself forward, perching her elbows on her knees and her chin resting on her hands. "The League. It's treating me with a sufficient amount of respect. By that I do mean - I am still alive, and that's what matters most." She reared back, dragging both her fingers back down the arms of her chair. "Mistress of the Strings... how are you? Everything bold well?"

Ask the String 01-24-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ask Queen Spider (Hozzászólás 33857555)
As Sona would make her way, any nearby spider along the path would clear the way, hiding amongst the shadows. The Spider Queen's eyes winced as Sona approached, focusing her gaze upon her while spiders scrambled to find places to hide.

"Your music... the vibrations... They scare the little ones..." Elise brought herself to smile, yet remained in her chair. "How easily frightened they are... yet even I can feel the vibrations your melodies carry..." She inhaled heavily, sweeping her right leg off of her left, setting her foot back onto the floor. She leaned herself forward, perching her elbows on her knees and her chin resting on her hands. "The League. It's treating me with a sufficient amount of respect. By that I do mean - I am still alive, and that's what matters most." She reared back, dragging both her fingers back down the arms of her chair. "Mistress of the Strings... how are you? Everything bold well?"

Sona noticed the little spiderlings scattering around each time she played a note.

♪Oh, I'm sorry,♪ She replied, ♪I don't mean to scare them off, but it is the only way I can move around and such.♪

Sona returned her focus back to Elise, ♪I've been...busy I guess you could say. Life of a champion. Luckily I've had some free time and thought I'd come by. You're not terribly busy right now, are you?♪

Dear Morgana 01-24-2013 03:23 PM

((Old Elise and Morg were getting along decently. Think that can continue?))