League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Stuck in between beginner and intermediate bots (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3033064)

Cthulhu the Foxy 01-22-2013 01:24 PM

Stuck in between beginner and intermediate bots

Hello all; thank you for helping new players out. So I'm in a bit of a pickle as a level 12 summoner. When I play against beginner bots, the game is a total joke and I've gotten to the point where I can literally win single-handedly (e.g., rest of the team goes 0-35 and we win) by getting 7 or 8 kills with no deaths and focusing on pushing towers.

But against intermediate bots, my win rate is probably about 30%. I usually have a positive k/d ratio, and generally play AP mid, helping out with ganks, calling mia in my lane, etc., but in nearly every game there is at least one person (usually 2, sometimes 3) who feeds like crazy (0-15 or 0-20) and makes victory nearly impossible. I've tried to offer these people help as much as I can, but I'm not really experienced enough to make a big difference most of the time (not to mention when they don't want to hear any advice anyway).

I don't really have much fun against beginner bots because it's way too easy, I don't feel like I'm learning that much, and I am picking up bad habits (being too aggressive, etc.). I also earn very little xp. I don't really have much fun against intermediate bots because I lose far too often, and feel like it's out of my hands the vast majority of the time. There also appear to be a lot more trolls and overall toxic players, making the gameplay itself less enjoyable as well.

I'm kind of at a loss--I don't feel ready to play normal games, I feel like I have the fundamentals down (I have led my team in cs at least 90% of the time), but intermediate bots are apparently too difficult. So no matter what I do, I'm going to be earning about 60xp per game. I feel like there's something I'm missing. Is there somewhere where sane people with normal brain function can meet to team up against intermediate bots?

Thank you in advance.

Mayshar 01-22-2013 01:29 PM

Intermediate bots dont do a whole of good really because they get to buy items at certain intervals no matter how much your winning lane or zoning them...so they always play like they are ahead...even when they arent.

Honestly...once you feel comfortable with the beginning bots...like you know your champ and the map enough to understand the game...you should go straight to normal games. Bots wont help you anymore.

Mavnas 01-22-2013 01:29 PM

You should probably play some normal games. If you're fairly low level they're actually easier than intermediate bots since you get matched against people your level.

Cthulhu the Foxy 01-22-2013 01:32 PM

Wow, I'm glad to hear that. Thanks, I'll give that a try. :)

I was starting to get discouraged but didn't want to ruin the game for others with my noobishness. So thanks again.

Cthulhu the Foxy 01-22-2013 02:44 PM

Thanks for the advice. It worked out much better--the game was totally appropriate for my skill level, and I played a solid if a bit cautious (4/0/10) game as my current favorite, Galio. Most importantly, it was fun! Thank you both again. :)

Twinkit 01-22-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthulhu the Foxy (Hozzászólás 33779753)
Wow, I'm glad to hear that. Thanks, I'll give that a try. :)

I was starting to get discouraged but didn't want to ruin the game for others with my noobishness. So thanks again.

I definitely think you should start playing pvp. It sounds to me as though you've learned all you can from the bots. Don't let yourself outlevel your personal skill, because once you do pvp will seem scarier and scarier.

Responding to criticism by inquiring what you did wrong and how to prevent it from happening again tends to placate most players. Good luck and have fun!

abzilla 01-22-2013 09:54 PM

100% go to normal games and play there till 30. Be warned though, if you are "sucking" you might get some bad apples out there putting you down. DONT LISTEN TO THEM. You're fine. Just keep playing and have fun :D

Kuryaka 01-22-2013 10:57 PM

New players in bot games overall are much worse. Might not be because they're deliberately trying to avoid teamwork and communication, but because they haven't had the practice working against human players.

After the tutorial, you are never underprepared for normal games. Other players will be around your skill level. Expect to lose some games badly, maybe not because you lost lane, but because the average skill difference between the two teams is just too great.

170 Calories 01-22-2013 11:32 PM

I like playing the intermediate level. However more care must be given in your champ selection. You need a balanced team to prevail. 5 ADC will have a much harder time in intermediate lvl then they would at beginner lvl

Jacob Grimm 01-23-2013 12:04 PM

A couple of things, don't tell anyone you have never played a normal game before, just play and do your best. If you lose (and you will) don't take it to heart. Each person on a team has a job to do, focus on doing yours, learn it, love it, live it. You can't controll your team, so just do the best you can, and expertise will come with time.