League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   riot pls: flash practice (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3032651)

Dravendless 01-22-2013 10:19 AM

riot pls: flash practice

i think it would be tremendously useful to the LoL community if there was a custom game mode we could create so that our summoner cooldowns were only a couple seconds. this game mode could be utilized by players to see what walls can be flashed over at what angles. i know that when im in game, i usually only try to flash over the wall if its pretty thin or i have flashed over it before. while its definitely possible to learn all of the flash points in custom or normal games, the cooldown on the summoner spell would be expedited with a flash practice custom game setting. of course, this may result in that setting giving 0 IP after a game but i dont think thats a major concern.

Zswords 01-22-2013 11:58 AM

Or, just get rid of flash because it's the largest crutch in any video game ever? It's even more crutch like than say, a Rocket Launcher in a FPS. >.> (Or Meta Knight in Brawl)

Keuzen 01-22-2013 12:21 PM

I think Riot should implement an option in custom games to remove a summoner ability from use.

SephĂŻroth 01-22-2013 12:22 PM

If you want to practice Flash just buy Ezreal. His e is the same range of flash, and has a fairly low cooldown.

WhoopsiGoldburg 01-22-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zswords (Hozzászólás 33778616)
Or, just get rid of flash because it's the largest crutch in any video game ever? It's even more crutch like than say, a Rocket Launcher in a FPS. >.> (Or Meta Knight in Brawl)

Okay lets just kick all the older champions in the teeth because pretty much every champion nowadays has a gap closer. Brawl is not a real competitive fighting game at all.

Dravendless 01-23-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephďroth (Hozzászólás 33779464)
If you want to practice Flash just buy Ezreal. His e is the same range of flash, and has a fairly low cooldown.

ezreals e has 475 range while flash has 400. similar? yes. same? no.

graves has a 425 range e which is even closer.

theyre decent characters to practice flashing with. when you think about it though, its a slight crutch. athletes dont practice with longer bats, clubs, or sticks for a reason, right?

id also like riot to take this thread as one example of a parameter custom game creators can have control of.

as Keuzen noted, "I think Riot should implement an option in custom games to remove a summoner ability from use."

are there other settings you would like to edit before creating a custom game? spawn times? limited lives? starting gold? starting champion level? starting turrets? item or summoner spell limitations?

i think that control over these things would result in some creative game modes. and once again, if IP farming would be an issue, let these customized custom games be IP free.

Taarki 01-23-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephďroth (Hozzászólás 33779464)

But Ez's e can flash over walls bigger than the range it has, Flash can't

workthecorners 01-23-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zswords (Hozzászólás 33778616)

like "stopping power" in old COD games XD

footfoe 01-23-2013 04:29 PM

infinite flash? that would make for some fun custom games.

Dravendless 01-23-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfoe (Hozzászólás 33825759)
infinite flash? that would make for some fun custom games.

as long as it had a couple second cooldown, maybe.

we just dont want something like this to happen. http://youtu.be/fQDB9IilhEg