League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Thoughts on Caitlyn Ultimate. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3032545)

Silent Reaper 01-22-2013 09:43 AM

Thoughts on Caitlyn Ultimate.

Caitlyn is a great champion, and is really designed to have that early game advantage over opponents through massive range. However, I feel like her ultimate is really lack luster compared to many of the ultimates in this game.

I know comparisons are bad because each one has it's own kit but I would like to give a simple example between Ezreal and Caitlyn.
Caitlyn: 250/475/700 +2.0AD Physical Damage
Ezreal: 350/550/650 +1.0AD Magic Damage.

By the time both champions hit level 6, the damage done by both is relatively the same. (Considering Caitlyn deals physical, while Ezreal deals magic damage).

However while Ezreal gets the benefit of having his ultimate being both un-interuptable and being able to cross the map, Caitlyn has the ability to hard a `lock-on` the enemy (which can unfortunatly be blocked, design-wise this is good)

As for a person who plays against Caitlyn all the time in ranked, most players almost always use her utlimate in the least meaningful way possible: using it as soon as they get it.

I noticed that in the champion spotlight Caitlyn's design was intended for a quick game champion that relies on early pressure, objectives and pushing to win games. Keeping her design intact I would like to suggest "testing" Caitlyn's ultimate having a global range. While it does not provide more damage, it definitly provides her more control over early game where her strengths lie.

Truth be told as the game progresses her power diminshes quite substantially simply because she doesn't have the steroid strength other AD carries have; 50% AS Ezreal, 90% AS Tristana, Graves 70%, Kogmaw %Hp damage, etc.

At best, her passive is a 1.5 out of every 3-6 auto attacks damage multiplier (a 16.6%-8.33% damage boost) that cannot even apply critical strike damage.

I think it would be very meaningful for Caitlyn if her ultimate became more useful (with more range).

If it infact provides her with too much power, simply tone down her abilities to accommodate this feature.

iPrecision 01-22-2013 10:01 AM

Please not another global ultimate. your intentions are good but the reprovutions of such a change would be bad. She would also get banned in ranked alot, like several global ult users.

Silent Reaper 01-22-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPrecision (Hozzászólás 33774355)
Please not another global ultimate. your intentions are good but the reprovutions of such a change would be bad. She would also get banned in ranked alot, like several global ult users.

Karthus is hardly banned in ranked anymore.
Gangplank is almost history.
Ashe is rarely played
and even Ziggs is used less.

The fact Caitlyn is being accommodated to her strengths rather than making her an average joe is to make her better design wise. Giving her more clear-cut strengths and weaknesses is better for her.

Vuther 01-22-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Reaper (Hozzászólás 33774593)
Ashe is rarely played

Yes, but unlike them, Caitlyn reliably annihilates her adversaries in lane.

Silent Reaper 01-22-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vuther (Hozzászólás 33774810)
Yes, but unlike them, Caitlyn reliably annihilates her adversaries in lane.

Which is exaclty what her gameplay is suppose to be like.
Her strengths are to be able to reliably win early game 99% of the time and lose the advantage as the game progresses longer and longer.

Her strength is her early game.
Her weakness is her late game. She even has one of the weakest AD steroids in the game.

JustMyBassCannon 01-22-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Reaper (Hozzászólás 33774593)
Ashe is rarely played

Because Karthus now has several easy counters, between BVeil, Chalice and Hexdrinker.
Because Gangplank is a melee carry, and melee carries in general are **** right now.
Because Ashe requires a team that works around her; don't forget she's still good.
Because Ziggs is pretty harshly countered by movement speed (and his ult isn't global btw).

Amarajah 01-24-2013 10:39 PM

She's strong enough right now...if anything they need to rebuff Graves.

hollowtek 01-25-2013 01:08 AM

Doesn't headshot apply crit to the base AD portion, but not the bonus attack damage portion??... I always thought it did.

GurkenMAN 01-25-2013 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Reaper (Hozzászólás 33773839)
Caitlyn is a great champion, and is really designed to have that early game advantage over opponents through massive range. However, I feel like her ultimate is really lack luster compared to many of the ultimates in this game.

I know comparisons are bad because each one has it's own kit but I would like to give a simple example between Ezreal and Caitlyn.
Caitlyn: 250/475/700 +2.0AD Physical Damage
Ezreal: 350/550/650 +1.0AD Magic Damage.

By the time both champions hit level 6, the damage done by both is relatively the same. (Considering Caitlyn deals physical, while Ezreal deals magic damage).

However while Ezreal gets the benefit of having his ultimate being both un-interuptable and being able to cross the map, Caitlyn has the ability to hard a `lock-on` the enemy (which can unfortunatly be blocked, design-wise this is good)

As for a person who plays against Caitlyn all the time in ranked, most players almost always use her utlimate in the least meaningful way possible: using it as soon as they get it.

I noticed that in the champion spotlight Caitlyn's design was intended for a quick game champion that relies on early pressure, objectives and pushing to win games. Keeping her design intact I would like to suggest "testing" Caitlyn's ultimate having a global range. While it does not provide more damage, it definitly provides her more control over early game where her strengths lie.

Truth be told as the game progresses her power diminshes quite substantially simply because she doesn't have the steroid strength other AD carries have; 50% AS Ezreal, 90% AS Tristana, Graves 70%, Kogmaw %Hp damage, etc.

At best, her passive is a 1.5 out of every 3-6 auto attacks damage multiplier (a 16.6%-8.33% damage boost) that cannot even apply critical strike damage.

I think it would be very meaningful for Caitlyn if her ultimate became more useful (with more range).

If it infact provides her with too much power, simply tone down her abilities to accommodate this feature.

Cait.Ult.Global.Range. Wut???
Cait bot, karth mid. gg

At lv 6 shooting a runner on other lanes? Rly dude think before making suggestions- its fine as it is- got high damage and high enough range but some counterplay. Perfect the way it is.

fletche00 01-25-2013 05:19 AM

I can see possibly an increase in range to her ultimate, but then you would have to lower its power, and personally, I think her ult is fine as it.

With a global ult, ok, you get to pick somebody off at long distance, but unlike Ez's ult, they will see her Ult coming, and if you try to use it on like a Shaco, Fizz, Zed, they are going to negate it every time w/ their non-targetable abilities, so those games you would hardly be able to use it.

Going a step further, you need a target to use her ult, unlike Ez, where it is a skill shot.By making it global, you wont really get a chance to use it as often as you think, and most likely, you are going to waste it trying to catch a person in another lane, to watch them either get killed by the lane already, or it wont matter bc it will take 10 seconds to get from Bot to Top lane, and they will have recalled by then, healed...etc..etc..etc

Does it need to be global, hell no. and besides, Ez ult is about to have a worse diminishing return then before, I think it is 8% and they are making it 12%-15% (cant remember exact number)