League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   why duo ranking is OP and broken (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3032114)

PsychoStoner 01-22-2013 06:57 AM

why duo ranking is OP and broken

1000 elo guy ranks with 1400

1400 ALWAYS gets top

1000 ALWAYS gets last pick

1400 picks character 1000 wants

they both trade and are not countered. raising the win rate super high since they ALWAYS get top and bot.

huge advantage and its consistent.

PsychoStoner 01-22-2013 07:16 AM

bump

ChillxIGotThis 01-22-2013 07:24 AM

This is not broken. This is not OP. There is nothing wrong with duo queuing with your partner, securing the picks you want, and trading them later. This reduces the amount of trolling possible and increases your possible win rate. If you can do the same thing, I suggest jumping on that bandwagon.

PsychoStoner 01-22-2013 07:28 AM

this is op because its consistent hard countering.

there is definitely something wrong when the ranking system (ELO) always gives a player with more elo top and lowest bottom. last pick just makes sure top doesn't get countered. when another team isnt doing that its a unfair advantage for people not duo queing.

ChillxIGotThis 01-22-2013 07:34 AM

I've actually posted a thread not too long ago about counter picking being important. This is a way to kind of avoid getting counter picked, but what a lot of us have come to discuss was, counter picking really isn't all that important. Picking a counter to a champion you're not good with is probably worse than just playing the champion your best with against someone semi-countering you.

It's your player skill that separates you from everyone else, regardless of champions selected.

publicshark 01-22-2013 07:54 AM

What is to stop people who are not duo from doing this?

Just sayin', there is always a top pick and a bottom pick O.o

Alleria 01-22-2013 07:56 AM

What? They are not always going to get top/bot... That's a very odd assumption you have gathered.

From my experience with duo, we usually just role fill/pick the role we want, or at the least duo bot.

PsychoStoner 01-22-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

What? They are not always going to get top/bot... That's a very odd assumption you have gathered.
no one assumed anything. I did it 10 times ina row with the same person. you need a person thats 1400 or 1000. 1200 or 1400 tho examples. counter picking is HUGE in this game.

Quote:

What is to stop people who are not duo from doing this?
calls a roll since player doesn't have other characters unlocked 90% of every game I see. and doesn't want to listen to summoners code by filing roles.

Quote:

Picking a counter to a champion you're not good with is probably worse than just playing the champion your best with against someone semi-countering you.

It's your player skill that separates you from everyone else, regardless of champions selected.
thats all bull****. if that was true then everyone would have 2 tanks top lane. how would you crack that? you automatically get countered since the game WANTS to have 1 top and a jungler.

Alleria 01-22-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoStoner (Hozzászólás 33771749)
no one assumed anything. I did it 10 times ina row with the same person. you need a person thats 1400 or 1000. 1200 or 1400 tho examples. counter picking is HUGE in this game.

calls a roll since player doesn't have other characters unlocked 90% of every game I see. and doesn't want to listen to summoners code by filing roles.

Anyone can do it though. I don't understand what you are trying to say. It's not like Riot did not expect people to Duo Queue when it is an option... Trading champions was also implemented by Riot, in both Solo Q and Teams. So it is not a prominent issue.

PsychoStoner 01-22-2013 08:37 AM

yes it is. duo que needs to be revamped so people cant easly exploit the elo differences.

there needs to be a individual skill rewarding system thatr truley shows how good you are. the elo you have is meaningless when a bad player trolls it or refuses to listen or is just plain bad. so couter picking every single game isnt fair for people who arent doing it.

the system shouldent let it a 100 percent chance of top and bottom. it should random it out so both teams can be fair with picking.