League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 30

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   As a Player who has played GP from season 1 to 3 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3031815)

Skippy917 01-22-2013 05:04 AM

As a Player who has played GP from season 1 to 3

I HATE TO BUMP MY OWN THREAD BUT AS LONG AS RIOT IGNORES IT, I DONT REALLY HAVE A CHOICE

Release after release, we get champions with overflown kits, with little to none weakness

Gangplank comes from the day and age where riot had the philosofy that a champ needs clear strengts and clear weaknesses, sadly riot abbandoned their own champ code, wich leads to the already mediocre gangplank to just be weak

Edit: its time for GP rework, or straight buffs

im really upset.

when i first started to play the league, i saw this pirate with some epic chest hair, i knew it would be my main from the moment i saw him... after a lot of matches i finally got the IP i needed and unlocked the jack of all trades Gangplank

Season one gangplank was so fun, his passive would inflict grievious wounds, wich was pretty cool concidering a lot of peaple ran summ spell heal, his Q had an AP ratio, so pretty much 500 AP on a Q would hit pretty hard, plus your W has a 1.0 AP ratio, you could just shrug off the damage and eat REAL ORANGES TO MAKE EVERYTHING K. his ult field was niche, it was almost twice the radius that we have now, but the same ammount of cannonballs would drop, this was a real damn gamble, but still offered some fun , since well, a cannonball would hit for more if you where building Mageplank.
lets not forget about his E, he could just shoot his own siege minion, and try to out level his lane opponent that way, now thats some nice tactic, E would also grand way more movement speed passively and granted attack speed, also the buff to ally's was larger then it is now, wich is sadly lost now

after a while, they reworked his passive, put an AD ratio on his Q apply on hit effects, gangplank passive now slows a target wich stacked up to 5 times, 7% times 5. i dident know what to make of it, becouse i never really was in melee range as mageplank to begin with, but then i saw the power of the ADC gangplank.

gangplank Q used to give 16 gold on killing blow, i remember going botlane with a soraka, and just farm all day, never had to worry about a gank, or damage for that matter, i remember going top, when i fought a jarvan, or a garen, whenever they overextend to much, i would build up those 5 stacks of grog soaked blade, and really make them hurt.

i was so happy with his new passive, finally a reliable CC for the champion i love, nothing could go wrong,

then the first nerfs came, wich some may call a buff.....
passive stacks to 4. raise morale does not require an ally minion to activate,
this is the beginning, of the end for my pirate.

i never forget the nerf, after nerf, after nerf.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyumai (Hozzászólás 34597748)
Gangplank Patch notes (starting when they reworked him - to recently)

V1.0.0.145:
Remove Scurvy:
Fixed: now correctly removes blinds.

V1.0.0.143:
Parrrley: now refunds half the mana cost if it kills the target.

V1.0.0.142:
Fixed a typo in the Air Client for Raise Morale.

V1.0.0.140:
Parrrley:now displays total gold earned by the skill in the tooltip.

V1.0.0.135:
Fixed animation bugs on Toy Soldier Gangplank.

V1.0.0.134:
Parrrley mana cost increased to 50/55/60/65/70 from 40/45/50/55/60.
Raise Morale range reduced to 1200 from 1500.

V1.0.0.127:
Raise Morale
Active movement speed reduced to 8/11/14/17/20% from 10/14/18/22/26%.
Active attack damage reduced to 12/19/26/33/40 from 14/22/30/38/46.

V1.0.0.123:
Grog Soaked Blade: maximum number of stacks has been reduced to 3 from 4.

Cannon Barrage:
Fixed a bug where it would not grant gold on minion kills.
Fixed a bug where its slow was not always applying consistently.

V1.0.0.122:
Parrrley: gold bonus reduced to 4/5/6/7/8 from 4/6/8/10/12.

Raise Morale:
Active attack damage bonus reduced to 14/22/30/38/46 from 20/28/36/44/52.
Active movement speed bonus reduced to 10/14/18/22/26% from 14/18/22/26/30%.

V1.0.0.121:
Grog Soaked Blade: max stacks reduced to 4 from 5.

V1.0.0.120:
Grog Soaked Blade:
It will now apply a 7% slow instead of reducing healing and regeneration.
Duration reduced to 3 seconds from 10.
Poison magic damage changed to 3 + (1 x level) per second from 5 + (1 x level).
Both the slow and the damage stack up to 5 times.

Parrrley:
Now applies Grog Soaked Blade to the target hit.
Fixed a bug where it could sometimes restore gold to other players.

Raise Morale: active duration increased to 7 seconds from 6.

Cannon Barrage: base damage per cannonball increased to 75/120/165 from 65/110/155.

V1.0.0.118:
Stats:
Armor per level increased to 3.3 from 2.8.
Attack speed per level increased to 2.75 from 2.35.
Range increased to 125 from 100.

Remove Scurvy: cooldown reduced to 22/21/20/19/18 from 30/27/24/21/18.

Cannon Barrage:
Slow increased to 25% at all ranks from 15/20/25%.
Cooldown reduced to 120/115/110 from 120 at all ranks.

April 29, 2011 Hotfix:
Raise Morale:
Fixed a bug where it would break nearby enemy spell shields.
Fixed a bug where it would reveal Gangplank to enemy champions.

V1.0.0.116: (Rework)

Stats:
Base mana increased to 255 from 239.
Mana per level increased to 40 from 34.
Movement speed increased to 320 from 315.

Raise Morale:
Passive:
Movement speed bonus changed to 3/4/5/6/7% from 2/4/6/8/10%.
Attack damage bonus changed to 8/10/12/14/16 from 8/12/16/20/24.
New Active:
No longer needs to target a unit to activate, so Gangplank can no longer kill allied minions.
Activating it grants Gangplank 14/18/22/26/30% movement speed and 20/28/36/44/52 attack damage instead of his passive bonuses.
The activation also grants nearby allies 7/9/11/13/15% movement speed and 10/14/18/22/26 attack damage.
Duration reduced to 6 seconds from 10.
Mana cost changed to 50/55/60/65/70 from 60 at all ranks.
Previous Active: Gangplank kills an allied minion, inspiring himself and nearby champions to receive Raise Morale's passive benefits for 10 seconds. This gives Gangplank double the effect for the duration.

Cannon Barrage:
Area of effect size reduced significantly.
Base damage per cannonball reduced to 65/110/155 from 100/140/180.
It now slows all enemies in the area of effect immediately for the duration instead of requiring a cannonball to hit to apply the slow.
Slow reduced to 15/20/25% from 35/45/55%.
Updated the random algorithm to not favor one quadrant over others.
Fixed a bug where the tooltip said it lasted for 8 seconds, when it actually lasts 7 seconds.

Parrrley:
Base damage reduced to 20/45/70/95/120 from 20/55/90/120/150.
Extra gold gain on kill reduced to 4/6/8/10/12 from 4/7/10/13/16.
Cooldown reduced to 5 from 6.
Mana cost reduced to 40/45/50/55/60 from 50/55/60/65/70.
Remove Scurvy: base heal changed to 80/150/220/290/360 from 70/125/195/280/380.

Grog Soaked Blade:
Damage per second increased to 5 + (1×level) from 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 / 18.

Fixed a bug where it only applied 9 damage ticks instead of 10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibamao (Hozzászólás 34572942)
GP got nerfed into the
ground because Riot caved into scrubs QQing on the forums. It's funny how Riot left GP in such a terrible state for a while, but god forbid Diana and Rengar be overnerfed for 2 weeks.

im sad what they have done to my pirate, he is not even a shadow of his former self. E is cut by half, Q has been cut to half, and his passive has been cut to half.

the only thing this guy has for him now, is that his Q apply's on hit effects, this is pretty much the only thing what keeps GP in the game, while he had SO MUCH to do with, and it has been gutted to one viable build, just to build a mallet or gauntlet and try to Q slow them

some advanced tactics right there,,,

i want my old pirate :(

please show your support for the one and only pirate of the league
Keep this thread alive!
yarrrr for you gp,
Quote:

Originally Posted by ParasiteQt (Hozzászólás 33895846)
GP, was the first champ i bought a skin for, he was my main early in lol. But he just doesn't stand up well anymore, he's still ok.... just not a shadow of his former self, i loved me some critplank ,,, alas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ternce (Hozzászólás 33766213)
Have my upvotes.

I remember good old Tankplank and his deny mechanic. I remember those zany ults that were completely RNG based and would either miss completely or flat out kill someone. I remember when his passive was a mirrored copy of the passives on the original Executioner's Calling.

Those were good days to be alive and a pirate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smurf of Pureyoo (Hozzászólás 33766318)
Also being a fan of GP since season 1... GP is now outclassed. The meta has changed and the champ is now outclassed by all the new champions who have more in there kit then gangplank can offer. GP sadly just doesn't do enough. His ult has even turned into a joke. He really has no threat, but like most champs he is still able to carry if fed enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krassith (Hozzászólás 33767919)
I was thinking the same thing recently after trying GP top once again. He just feels so incredibly weak, it's sad really. I understand the removal of denying, since there was no counter play. It was really fun while it lasted though. Especially if you got spell vamp.

He saw a bit of FotM when the rework came and jungle GP was actually good for his slow stacking. Now it's such a pathetic slow, and GP himself is rather weak to complete the jungle it's like, what does he do now? I guess he's one of the only champs that still has a truly global ult, but it's so easy to walk out of. It doesn't slow like it used to.*

GP is just not fun anymore...

Edit: gogogo 100 upvotes,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever Dunking (Hozzászólás 33772520)
I feel you bro :/
he was my main too and I miss him alot.
I remember when I was playing him tons, and he got nerfed, nerfed, nerfed, nerfed and then they changed the crit mastery which killed him completly..

He's still able to win lanes, but it is really hard and depends on the matchup even harder than before, you need to build him full ad with a tiamat or else he wont do ****, and if you do build crit, you will be squishy as balls and it will cost way much more money than if you build flat ad, this is just sad and I want gangplank back to where he was.
Damn you riot, ruining every champion I main T_T

Gangplank, rengar, Olaf (atma's nerf + e nerf I cant play him anymore, I dont know why I just dont feel playing him with 5k hp and only doing dmg with e, it doesnt fit me )

If only they could give his pre nerf passive back... he was an unique champion in this way that you couldn't 1vs1 him directly like darius is atm, BUT NO MAGIC DAMAGE THAT SLOWS IS TOO OP LET'S GIVE THE SAME TO DARIUS. It just made me rage, I then played darius a couple matches, won most of them but I've felt like the more I played darius, the more I would lose my soul because this champion is unfair both for your team and the enemy, just feels like you are ruining the fun of your enemies/teamates.
Meh. time will tell.

lets try to get as manny upvotes as we can, so maybe a rioter can come by and share his thoughts

edit: 150 upvotes, still no red >.>

Breaking 200 upvotes soon, no red to be seen

I want to hear your thoughts about himm, and for once listen to your community, i believe your goal was to listen to us, start doing that please, i want my pirate!!

I dont want to play the OP viking, not the faceroll big sword lady, not the 7 eyed ninja turtle with a lamppost, i want to play the PIRATE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilige (Hozzászólás 34062280)
Riot has crippled Gangplank. Nerf after nerf, and the only compensation is half mana back on last-hits. I miss my old main, but he just isn't viable outside of Tankplank, and even that is all that good unless you have the team comp for it.

EDIT: I've actually never seen a Red comment about GP. Sadly...

Ternce 01-22-2013 05:08 AM

Have my upvotes.

I remember good old Tankplank and his deny mechanic. I remember those zany ults that were completely RNG based and would either miss completely or flat out kill someone. I remember when his passive was a mirrored copy of the passives on the original Executioner's Calling.

SupaTurkk 01-22-2013 05:09 AM

it wasnt chest hair.

it was his pubes sticking out from his pants up hsi shirt out his chest.

dark times. dark times.

Skippy917 01-22-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ternce (Hozzászólás 33766213)
Have my upvotes.

agreed, never forget the chest hair, NEVER FORGET

Pure Phočnix 01-22-2013 05:13 AM

He was a man indeed, that he was. He didn't need a stealth + blink like shaco.
He could just frontload damage with PARRRRRRRley and then beat the **** out of you.
No tricks. Just manliness.

Okay 01-22-2013 05:16 AM

Also being a fan of GP since season 1... GP is now outclassed. The meta has changed and the champ is now outclassed by all the new champions who have more in there kit then gangplank can offer. GP sadly just doesn't do enough. His ult has even turned into a joke. He really has no threat, but like most champs he is still able to carry if fed enough.

Kizuna 01-22-2013 05:17 AM

Be a real man like I do.

Build Hydra/Frozen Gauntlet/Statikk Shiv/Furor Boots.

KITE ALL THE THINGS, FARM ALL THE GOLD, CONTROL ALL THE TEAMFIGHTS.

Skippy917 01-22-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Phočnix (Hozzászólás 33766288)
He was a man indeed, that he was. He didn't need a stealth + blink like shaco.
He could just frontload damage with PARRRRRRRley and then beat the **** out of you.
No tricks. Just manliness.

i remember, i was nearly dead, and got ulted by a full health jarv, and just make my own arena of it, ulting the radius, run around and shoot him till he dropped.

i miss the 5 passive stacks, :( i miss the base damage from his Q

gangplank did not deserve to be gutted like this

Skippy917 01-22-2013 05:27 AM

shameless bump

VanceStubbs 01-22-2013 05:31 AM

Aren't you like, two years too late with this?

Also get avarice blade get every last hit on top, eat oranges from gank attempts = $$$$$$$