League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Darius 'nerfs' are not enough (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3031662)

TVXQ Dazzle 01-22-2013 02:08 AM

Darius 'nerfs' are not enough
 
In the upcoming patch, Darius will be 'nerfed' somewhat (not really). As a frequent Darius player, I don't think this is the right approach. Tbh, if Darius gets even 1 kill, he can snowball off that extremely easily and it's very hard to stop him. Sure, I can get outplayed or countered, but do they have to work 'that' hard just to shut me down? As fun as it is for me to simply dunk people without any deaths in games, it's simply unfair if put into contrast with other champions. Instead of messing with the 'numbers', I think he should simply be reworked, while preserving the concept.

Jamaree 01-22-2013 02:17 AM

I think that 1200 elo players who only play pubstompers in blind picks shouldn't place their opinions about champion balance personally.

Edit: I'm sorry, but you are level 15, your opinion of balance means NOTHING at the moment.

CerealBoxOfDoom 01-22-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TVXQ Dazzle (Hozzászólás 33764498)
Sure, I can get outplayed or countered, but do they have to work 'that' hard just to shut me down?

no, they don't have to work hard.

They have to s*** blood, vomit victory, and sing about how bad they f***ing love it. To win by any means necissary requires that you get your sweet candy *** back up and darius's **** out of your **** **** mouth! It means you scream not in fear nor frustration but in the pain of chest hair piercing your ****ing p**** *** skin! THAT.. is what they must do.

Darius is countered by chesthair and experience. He sucks and I ain't seen no reason for him to get nerfed nor any news of a mere nerf. LINKS OR GET DUNKED JUNIOR

Crimson5pheonix 01-22-2013 08:50 AM

It's funny because you usually lose with Darius if your last 10 games are anything to go on.

TasogareReiken 01-22-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamaree (Hozzászólás 33764615)
I think that 1200 elo players who only play pubstompers in blind picks shouldn't place their opinions about champion balance personally.

Edit: I'm sorry, but you are level 15, your opinion of balance means NOTHING at the moment.

This kind of elitism doesn't deserve the light of day.

All champions should be balanced. In the entire game, not just in ranked matches.

Of toxic behavior this is one of the worst.

VitaminBeer 01-22-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamaree (Hozzászólás 33764615)
I think that 1200 elo players who only play pubstompers in blind picks shouldn't place their opinions about champion balance personally.

Edit: I'm sorry, but you are level 15, your opinion of balance means NOTHING at the moment.

You don't need to be a pro to be able to analyze the game

Aringhe 01-22-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TasogareReiken (Hozzászólás 33772644)
All champions should be balanced. In the entire game, not just in ranked matches.

That's impossible.

There's a certain level of skill that merits the person playing the champion. Katarina is a good example. Once she gets a good score at the beginning, you're starting to see more and more people build Warmongs to make her pretty much an unkillable machine (I guess it was in a recent tournament? I don't know, just stupid to me, regardless of who does it). Does it make her OP because she snowballs well? Not at all.

Another example of Veigar vs Karthus. Now, as just about everyone with a decent mindset should know, Veigar slaughters Karthus. He will roll around all over Karthus' grave, dancing on his body until he respawns, then just kill him again and again until the enemy surrenders and reports the Karthus. Is Veigar overpowered? Of course not. Playing Blind Pick with a Karthus who 'absolutely needs 200+ farm by 30 minutes' is going to make Veigar seem extremely overpowered, though.

The game is even more hectic by adding Runes/Masteries into the mix. Some junglers aren't even capable of jungling without runes/masteries, which you need levels for.

Jamaree's rebuttal, no matter how crude and tasteless, is true. It is extremely difficult to balance every aspect of the game without completely butchering the original design of 9/10 of the champions in this game (RIP Orianna).

@ OP

Darius has 1 hard CC, is extremely squishy, and is only benefitial to a team against enemies who stack Armor/MR. Not only is Armor/MR 'not in meta' right now, but Darius in general has problems combating all of these champions with so many escape mechanics. He's boarder-line UP, in my opinion, and nerfing him would just be sad.

TasogareReiken 01-22-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aringhe (Hozzászólás 33773013)
That's impossible.

There's a certain level of skill that merits the person playing the champion. Katarina is a good example. Once she gets a good score at the beginning, you're starting to see more and more people build Warmongs to make her pretty much an unkillable machine (I guess it was in a recent tournament? I don't know, just stupid to me, regardless of who does it). Does it make her OP because she snowballs well? Not at all.

Another example of Veigar vs Karthus. Now, as just about everyone with a decent mindset should know, Veigar slaughters Karthus. He will roll around all over Karthus' grave, dancing on his body until he respawns, then just kill him again and again until the enemy surrenders and reports the Karthus. Is Veigar overpowered? Of course not. Playing Blind Pick with a Karthus who 'absolutely needs 200+ farm by 30 minutes' is going to make Veigar seem extremely overpowered, though.

The game is even more hectic by adding Runes/Masteries into the mix. Some junglers aren't even capable of jungling without runes/masteries, which you need levels for.

Jamaree's rebuttal, no matter how crude and tasteless, is true.

@ OP

Darius has 1 hard CC, is extremely squishy, and is only benefitial to a team against enemies who stack Armor/MR. Not only is Armor/MR 'not in meta' right now, but Darius in general has problems combating all of these champions with so many escape mechanics. He's boarder-line UP, in my opinion, and nerfing him would just be sad.

Yes.

Newer players may not see the balance, but the balance at a low level and a high level doesn't change drastically, except in the view of certain junglers.

It is not an unreasonable expectation that a champion should be balanced in all modes that champion can be used in. Any issues in that balance has merit to be discussed.

One mode is not superior to another.

You site another issue of balance. Right, Veigar beats Karthus easily. This is a balance issue.

Aringhe 01-22-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TasogareReiken (Hozzászólás 33773156)
Yes.

Newer players may not see the balance, but the balance at a low level and a high level doesn't change drastically, except in the view of certain junglers.

It is not an unreasonable expectation that a champion should be balanced in all modes that champion can be used in. Any issues in that balance has merit to be discussed.

One mode is not superior to another.

You site another issue of balance. Right, Veigar beats Karthus easily. This is a balance issue.

I bolded the part that made absolutely no sense. Karthus has been nerfed again and again because of champions like Veigar and Kassadin and underplayed against him. You pick a high risk/reward champion to get a high reward. We don't all play Ashe and Sivir and play passive as holy Hell to win, nor is the age of Morgana/Malzahar AoE spamming one spell on a lane and escaping any chance of a gank a good way for every champion to play.

What about LeBlanc and Akali? Should we just ignore the Assassin elements in characters? Should every character have some kind of hard CC to combat these champions?

You're talking about balance for champions. I'm more interested in the balance for League of Legends. I couldn't care less that Veigar and LeBlanc faceroll all over Karthus, because Karthus should have known that would happen or seen it coming. The game starts at the champion selection, not the 'Welcome to Summoner's Rift'. This is why Blind Pick has no meritable opinion now that Draft is released to normal games.

VitaminBeer 01-22-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aringhe (Hozzászólás 33773013)
That's impossible.

There's a certain level of skill that merits the person playing the champion. Katarina is a good example. Once she gets a good score at the beginning, you're starting to see more and more people build Warmongs to make her pretty much an unkillable machine (I guess it was in a recent tournament? I don't know, just stupid to me, regardless of who does it). Does it make her OP because she snowballs well? Not at all.

Another example of Veigar vs Karthus. Now, as just about everyone with a decent mindset should know, Veigar slaughters Karthus. He will roll around all over Karthus' grave, dancing on his body until he respawns, then just kill him again and again until the enemy surrenders and reports the Karthus. Is Veigar overpowered? Of course not. Playing Blind Pick with a Karthus who 'absolutely needs 200+ farm by 30 minutes' is going to make Veigar seem extremely overpowered, though.

The game is even more hectic by adding Runes/Masteries into the mix. Some junglers aren't even capable of jungling without runes/masteries, which you need levels for.

Jamaree's rebuttal, no matter how crude and tasteless, is true. It is extremely difficult to balance every aspect of the game without completely butchering the original design of 9/10 of the champions in this game (RIP Orianna).

@ OP

Darius has 1 hard CC, is extremely squishy, and is only benefitial to a team against enemies who stack Armor/MR. Not only is Armor/MR 'not in meta' right now, but Darius in general has problems combating all of these champions with so many escape mechanics. He's boarder-line UP, in my opinion, and nerfing him would just be sad.

He Is not squishy I don't know where you got that from


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:24 PM.


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc