League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @RiotGypsylord Vi's kit (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3031614)

Cyraknoss 01-22-2013 01:26 AM

@RiotGypsylord Vi's kit

It took me awhile to figure out why Vi's kit felt horrible to use but I finally got to the root of it. Her W is just wrong. It's a toggle, with no reason to turn off, that encompasses the majority of her power. Her W, Denting Blows, has an AS steroid, %HP damage, and an armor shred. All that power packed on an ability and yet there is absolutely NO play involved with it.

The only decision making surrounding Denting Blows is "can I keep hitting the target or do I have to fall back?" That's the same decision making involved in auto attacking, because that's what denting blows is; a glorified auto attack. You might think "but so is Cho's toggle!" True, but Chogath's toggle has a draw back, most people ignore it but there is the occasional scenario where you don't want to AoE (under a turret for example). More than that Cho's spikes are not the majority of his power, infact they're a relatively small part so them having little play involved doesn't feel as terrible as Vi's Denting Blows.

Vi's overall power is fine, she's not OP or UP, but she is not fun to play.

Poisonpowder 01-22-2013 01:27 AM

You didn't mention the most fun part of her kit: the dunks.

Ergheis 01-22-2013 01:27 AM

It's not a toggle...

wait, is it a toggle?

NotBuzzJack 01-22-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyraknoss (Hozzászólás 33763950)
but she is not fun to play.

You're joking right?

Also I feel you've never heard of Silver Bolts.

The Final Hero 01-22-2013 01:30 AM

I actually mained her from release on PBE to release in the actual game, but sadly the clunkyness of her kit got to me and I moved to new champions, I just wish (even if nerfed to just a %hp damage) her w would be her passive, her q or e could have an armor penetration passive to them, and adding a better sustain than her blast shield would make her without a doubt my favorite champion...

Pattata 01-22-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyraknoss (Hozzászólás 33763950)
she is not fun to play.

That's hilarious. She's a blast to play!

...I had no idea it toggled.

Plus, there's the plays with using your Q and E appropriately to effect the stacks.

Xtractor 01-22-2013 01:34 AM

wiki doesnt state that W can be toggled, no reason to aswell it works just like vayne's W.

she is loads of fun to play, i play her 90% for the sounds and effects, just superb tbh. love her voice and speeches.
*get dunked*, *Power slam*. <3

Cyraknoss 01-22-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack (Hozzászólás 33764003)
Also I feel you've never heard of Silver Bolts.

I have heard of Silver Bolts and frankly I'd argue that that is a bad ability as well. Anything that takes up a button should have a reason to press that button or it should not be there. If there's no reason to press the button the skill takes up you're actively reducing the amount of play involved in the character. That said, Silver Bolts does not make Vayne completely useless if you turn it off. Because Vayne is a ranged ADC and every piece of her kit is built around auto attacking she's still strong, if a little under powered without silver bolts, but no worse than any other ADC when they're low on mana.

If you play Vi and turn off her Denting Blows however she becomes utterly useless. Unlike Vayne who's whole kit revolves around her auto attacks Vi's kit is disjointed and awkward. Her ult is a single target CC, her Q is a telegraphed skill shot making it easy to dodge, her passive is a shield that activates off skills on a cool down that makes it difficult to predict, her E is the only thing that on paper pairs well with auto attacks but using it makes her attacks feel even clunkier than they already are.

Vi is an interesting character, I was very excited for her when I saw the splash, and read her lore. She's easily one of my favorite characters thematically, but her kit is a complete mess that makes her not fun to play.

Libra Man 01-22-2013 02:26 AM

her w isn't a toggle... just a passive like teemo poison and vayne silver bolts

Cyraknoss 01-22-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libra Man (Hozzászólás 33764728)
her w isn't a toggle... just a passive like teemo poison and vayne silver bolts

Might be a bug but as recently as yesterday I was able to turn off Denting Blows.

Teemo poison is the opposite problem, where it should be a toggle but is not, but this post was intended to talk about Vi so I wont go into that.