League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   R.I.P All sustain... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3031093)

RavageRose 01-21-2013 09:14 PM

R.I.P All sustain...

Ok 1st you nerf Morgana;s passive... sure needed to be nerfed.

then you nerf all life steal... ok... change my game plan to a lil more damage

then... you nerf almost all champs mag res an armor, ok sure.

then finally.. NERF: vlad riven rengar diana yorik, now cho... So when is Garen being nerfed? his %age passive now will make him god of top lane. We've all seen him being played much more as other champs are being nerfed. Even pro's are complaining a bit.

was watching Scara say on stream a few nights ago how, "Garen will be the safest top lane pick soon as cho is going to be nerfed because no one will be nearly as high sustain, if there is any at all now"

Seems like you are forcing players to duke it out in lane much more, even though you wanted to make the jungle more difficult so less early game ganking would happen. So now since the whole jungle thing didnt work an junglers find more profit in camping over farming, you are getting rid of sustain... (meaning red buff junglers will thrive heavily an purple will have a clear advantage when they do)

this is gonna cause a few probs. you are gonna get rid of most bruisers an force them to go killers. tanks will become more support bot lane as sustain will no longer be an option, why? Because now with sustain being nerfed completely you are making it easier for junglers to gank early an more often unless that char goes back to base way more frequently. (resulting in a loss in lane anyhow, unless we see many more teleports) this will result in "who evers jungler hits top lane 1st, that top laner wins"

My next guess is once the forums start raging about Garen soon enough, you will have to rework Voli's passive, or increase it by another minute, because he's sure to be next after Garen.

(Edit: Also forgot to add incoming AP Yi Nerfs, though he needed some on his heal you are now making it so AD Yi's suffer even more so.)

RavageRose 01-21-2013 09:23 PM

Bump, obviously people agree. Voice yourself summoners

Uncle Dope 01-21-2013 09:25 PM

I thought i 'didn't' like the game before. I like it even 'less' now, although it feels like it's going in the right direction.
Let her mature.

The Nice Boat 01-21-2013 09:26 PM

And then Mundo's ult is on a three minute cooldown.

choco puffer 01-21-2013 09:26 PM

Bumping, 100% Agree, top lane v Garen now is already hell unless you're Cho or have your jungler camp him 2-3 ganks. after lv 12 Garen jut flies around the map tanking tower shots an killing other lanes. all the while healing to nearly full hp while roaming in the jungle without ever using a potion for the next lane. By far the biggest an safest snowballer you can pick. He's like a more stable version of Darius, who isnt great in lane an while you can beat him he can come back so fast with his R, well Garen is a worse version because he has the sustain power to woop you in lane if left alone.

sh4dowhand 01-21-2013 09:26 PM

I fear for Fiddles.

LesLlamas 01-21-2013 09:27 PM

Except all of Garen's sustain is countered by champs like Nidalee, who is already prevalent on the pro level.

RavageRose 01-21-2013 09:28 PM

man i hadn't even thought about mundo or fiddles...i bet we'll be seeing more sion ad top now too... then he'll be nerfed

Tilare 01-21-2013 09:30 PM

It's a Catch-22 with how they want the game to progress. With little sustain, people are less willing to try to trade because they don't want to lose, causing them to be out quite a bit due to lack of sustaining mechanics. However, with too much sustain, people don't want to trade because there won't be a point to it if they can heal through it or just recuperate out of it quickly.

Champions with high innate sustain seem to be disliked by Riot because they could encourage passive gameplay by their lane opponents. They are trying to get people to be more aggressive, but high innate sustain makes that more difficult to deal with.

The fact that their goals in the jungle were not met so far is an interesting problem, really. The fact that the enemy jungler will want to gank you more often because the jungle isn't doing well for them, it encourages passive gameplay without high sustain. The only way to get said sustain now is through life-steal, which was nerfed, flask, which was nerfed, or pots, which can cost a lot if you rely on them for your sustain. Champions with innate sustain used to be a great choice for top because they could effectively win trades, allowing them to be more aggressive with less worry about ganks from the jungle, but it seems they didn't like that.

Really, they should focus less on sustain right now and look more into making the jungle better for the jungler in the early game, thus reducing the necessity for the early ganks. When that's done, they can begin to look at high-sustain champs to see if there is something that needs to be done. Doing it backwards from this order is just going to make everything more passive in the long-run, not more aggressive.

Raptamei 01-21-2013 09:32 PM

SHUT UP you're making them nerf Garen.