League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   How to counter Kayle (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3030963)

Eaglez47 01-21-2013 08:35 PM

How to counter Kayle

I thought Kayle was supposed to be a support, but obviously people think she is an ADC. It works too, because today there was nothing I could do as kog maw to counter her. She can shoot her q, slow me to a snail, then rip me to shreds.

She even ran past my turret with her ult, q'd me down, then destroyed my health.

How do you counter that? No way I can do anything, and it seems like her invul is way too long. 3 seconds on 4v1 and she was able to take out 2 of us. I know she was fed, but come on. She isn't supposed to be a carry.

adc 01-21-2013 08:48 PM

She's not an ADC. She's a top laner, or a mid laner, or a jungle, and an iffy support. But she can't ADC well.

She's strong against weak early game heroes, or heroes that need to be up close to deal damage. Next time, try taking Caitlyn or Graves, get a Nunu support and just poke her harder than she pokes you.

PrfsrChaos 01-21-2013 09:11 PM

Kayle can "kinda" play every role but is never the absolute best at any role.

Where she does well is when a player knows how to play her, and most opponents don't see many Kayle players.

She deals tons of damage, but she has no real escape mechanism (especially when her ult + flash are down). Champs with dashes do really really well against Kayle because there's really no way for her to get away.

Kayle is strongest when she can make the enemy scared and try and run. But any sort of dps focus on her or up close and personal fighting, she'll melt in a second.

I play a lot of Kayle so I know the parts that suck about playing her.

The key is get up close and personal. Also remember that her Q creates a damage amplifier for her whole team against whoever's hit with it.

Oh and last thing: she's strong early game and late late game if you let her farm for a while but she can suffer pretty hard mid game and if you shut her down then she'll fall off and will not have a good late game.

PrincePapa 01-21-2013 09:11 PM

Kayle is good at everything and master of none. Though that doesn't mean she won't stomp you if you aren't careful. She excels at chasing and doing continuous damage. Past 6 she can tower dive at her heart's desire if you're low.

Basically, you have to choice :

1. Have a sustain support like Soraka/Taric/etc. Kayle usually pokes you until she can kill you, so being at full hp by staying safe and keeping your hp up is a good way to survive. (Take note that this is only a good solution if you have a weak early game champ)

2. Shut her down early. Early, her damage is low and most importantly, she can't keep her ranged attacks forever. It lasts 7 seconds and has a 15 seconds CS. Abuse it and push her out of lane when it's out, then back when she can put it back. (Most efficient solution)

Eloquid 01-22-2013 03:27 AM

Kayle is better than most at everything, but in every role there's at least someone who's better than her. But she's still one of the best champs.

TraitorDice 01-22-2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrfsrChaos (Hozzászólás 33758430)

Where she does well is when a player knows how to play her, and most opponents don't see many Kayle players.

She deals tons of damage, but she has no real escape mechanism (especially when her ult + flash are down). Champs with dashes do really really well against Kayle because there's really no way for her to get away.

Kayle is strongest when she can make the enemy scared and try and run. But any sort of dps focus on her or up close and personal fighting, she'll melt in a second.

The key is get up close and personal. Also remember that her Q creates a damage amplifier for her whole team against whoever's hit with it.

Oh and last thing: she's strong early game and late late game if you let her farm for a while but she can suffer pretty hard mid game and if you shut her down then she'll fall off and will not have a good late game.

I sorta disagree about her having no escape, since her Q has a slow and her W gives an MS buff as well as heal, she's usually not too bad at escaping if you're cautious.

Armstice 01-22-2013 04:06 AM

2 simple ways to counter Kayle:

1. Malzahar Ganks! Suppress. Profit.
2. Warwick Ganks! Suppress. Profit.

GreatPotato2 01-22-2013 06:32 AM

She relies on sustained damage to make the best use of her kit. If you put any kind of CC on her to reduce/negate her sustained damage (especially while under her reckoning debuff) she really can't do as much as you think. Also to note, her ult only prevents DAMAGE. I see people often switch off of her when she pops her ult but I don't think that most people realize that you can still make her useless during her invulnerability period even if you cannot deal damage to her.

Sephrinx 01-22-2013 06:42 AM

http://imgur.com/QXsOQKC

Kayle is a god. I love her. Hands down, new favorite champion.
As you can see, I have jungled her, Top laned, and gone mid. What you can't see is my Bot lane ADC with her, in which I went 18-4.

I just lost my first game with her due to feeding team mates. I still did well, but we had a terrible early game and we weren't able to recover from it. I am going to play the next 789234 games with her. Here goes!

deirin 01-22-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

yea...kinda like lee sin ... who can play and excell at every role...

Quote:

right...cc+auto+huge range+big dmg+heal+invul

Quote:

speed up with heal...slow with her ability...still get way...

Quote:

she can still kite em with her slow: move and hit and move and hit and so on...no chance to catch her

Quote:

only part that is weak with her is that she is mana dependant...and her average long range...her average squeeshiness...still u cant call that a weakness with blue and huge mana gen item//slow and chase+heal//or her ulti and heal
in other word...she dont even need to build to counter her weakness...

Quote:

right...apparently u never fought kayle+apc+adc

Quote:

pff...u call that a weakness?...+untrue...since she is less item dependant than an adc for exemple....

is she op...idk...i'd say stronger than average...