League of Legends Community
12345 ... 11

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Riot I understand you won't refund me but make sure this never happens to anyone else (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3030364)

Heavysleeper 01-21-2013 06:09 PM

Riot I understand you won't refund me but make sure this never happens to anyone else

At Christmas time as I'm sure many are aware Riot had implemented a gifting system to cash in the corporate genius that is Christmas. They had made it fairly clear that they wouldn't be dishing out refunds for any reason when it came to gifts. What had happened is I gifted Nami to my friend, but I accidently gifted it to her old inactive account that had a very similar name (The difference was two letters switched). Now the Nami sits in League of Legends limbo, my friend can't access the gift and I'm out 975 RP.

What Riot should of had from the beginning is that if a gift is not redeemed within lets say two weeks. It should bounce back to the sender and refund the RP. Please make sure this is fixed before implementing the gift system again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotCaptSturm (Hozzászólás 33760326)
Hey, thanks for raising this issue.

I've got a sticky note on my monitor to check with the PS manager first thing in the morning.

Stay tuned!
'Sturm

Thank you Sturm. Please update with what the manager has to say.

Heavysleeper 01-21-2013 07:23 PM

bumping this in hopes that the right people see

Cryoshell17 01-21-2013 07:24 PM

Sounds like your friend screwed you over here...This is definitely going to be a problem if Riot makes gifting full-time.

KetiaX 01-21-2013 07:30 PM

I'm not really interested in your main case, sorry.

But I'm interested when you said the customer service that you got was insulting. May I ask you to post what Riot's support service replied to you?

Heavysleeper 01-21-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KetiaX (Hozzászólás 33754808)
I'm not really interested in your main case, sorry.

But I'm interested when you said the customer service that you got was insulting. May I ask you to post what Riot's support service replied to you?

Basically I'm just insulted that I can't get an actual discussion out of their customer service. It was the same copy paste response both times then they just closed my ticket. The third time they ignored half the ticket and just gave me my total amount spent.

I would like to hear something like we're sorry this happened. I'll forward to whoever that this kind of problem can happen so they can address it.

Krimson62 01-21-2013 07:39 PM

you have my support. reds are usually good at finding proper customer support... well... so long as theyre not on the customer support team

Mango027 01-21-2013 07:41 PM

help this man out

Unrestricted PK 01-21-2013 07:41 PM

Their support is really poor for a large and "successful" company.

Heavysleeper 01-21-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calrula (Hozzászólás 33755191)
Their support is really poor for a large and "successful" company.

I remember their support used to be quite good. I guess things changed when Tencent came in.

BIueflare 01-21-2013 07:47 PM

You should expect the worst from a corporation, just be more careful with your money.

Bumping in support anyways.