League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   "we lose bcuz u aren't tanky, malphite" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3029268)

Snipawolfe 01-21-2013 02:06 PM

"we lose bcuz u aren't tanky, malphite"

No, if anything, I'm increasing our chances of winning exponentially by rocketing into the enemy team and destroying their fed Miss Fortune (or Ryze, but he got too tanky to do that to) in 3 auto attacks with my SoTD/AD build. You guys don't have the coordination and damage to do anything but die regardless of my build. Our Caitlyn lacks the ability to right click while I'm exploding the enemy carry, our Kha'Zix (despite being fed) doesn't know how or when to engage, and our Yi makes horrible choices which is why he's 0/7.

So, no. We aren't losing because of my non-meta Malphite build. We're losing because you guys gave Mundo a 12 minute Warmogs, had an AD mid, and can't coordinate during teamfights.

/rage

tl;dr : "Dear Diary entry #1421316"

Tellysavalas 01-21-2013 02:14 PM

If you pick a tank, and don't build tanky then you can't hold the enemy team's focus long enough for your team to do the roles you are complaining about their inability to do. If you can't hold the line for them, they can't kill anyone, because presumably while you are killing one member of the enemy team, your entire team is getting ripsawed by the other four members. So in this case, your rage is misplaced, and they are correct.

Snipawolfe 01-21-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tellysavalas (Hozzászólás 33741971)
If you pick a tank, and don't build tanky then you can't hold the enemy team's focus long enough for your team to do the roles you are complaining about their inability to do. If you can't hold the line for them, they can't kill anyone, because presumably while you are killing one member of the enemy team, your entire team is getting ripsawed by the other four members. So in this case, your rage is misplaced, and they are correct.

No, I wouldn't mind their being upset if they were capable of doing anything even if I was tanky. In this game, though, Zyra got caught by Xin all of the time and I wouldn't have been able to do anything to stop a fed Mundo and Taric from diving on my Caitlyn or Kha'zix. Yi just laughably followed me to their carries and died instantly without even doing damage because he was AD and he was so far behind. Malphite is a great initiator, but even when I got Ryze and MF isolated or even killed, they would be 3v3 (Kha, Cait, and Zyra) against a tank Xin, Mundo, and Taric and they'd all die.

Pads 01-21-2013 02:33 PM

1. With that comp (yi, khaz, caitlyn, malph and support) You should be building tanky
2. Nothing wrong with AD mid
3. You choose when to initiate, so teamfight coordination is all on you for the most part

PogoPogoPogoPogo 01-21-2013 02:47 PM

... so, let me get this straight.

You're playing Malphite.
Malphite scales to Armor.
Malphite scales to health.
Malphite's ult just naturally makes baddies want to target him...

And you're building damage so you can suicide dive into the enemy team and kill the ADC and then immediately die, leaving your team in a 4v4 without their tank/initiator?

And you're justifying building damage rather than tankiness because your team was doing poorly in teamfights... a fact you could not have known super early, when you would have, you know, been deciding what items to start building...

Snipawolfe 01-21-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo (Hozzászólás 33743300)
... so, let me get this straight.

You're playing Malphite.
Malphite scales to Armor.
Malphite scales to health.
Malphite's ult just naturally makes baddies want to target him...

And you're building damage so you can suicide dive into the enemy team and kill the ADC and then immediately die, leaving your team in a 4v4 without their tank/initiator?

And you're justifying building damage rather than tankiness because your team was doing poorly in teamfights... a fact you could not have known super early, when you would have, you know, been deciding what items to start building...

You forget that Malphite scales 40% with AD too. If I wanted someone to quit existing, they did. I won my lane very hard.

I wasn't finished with a single item before Mundo built a Warmogs. He was 4-1 when I was, which was pretty early. Also, for what it's worth, I survived most of the teamfights.

I wasn't justifying building damage at all. I walked into the game with the intent of building AD Malphite. I also DID initiate the fights unless someone on our team was caught. MF never got a single ultimate off. I didn't wait until the end of the fight to go in.

Boagster 01-21-2013 03:03 PM

Did you communicate with your team during champion select that you planned playing AD Malphite? I'm not against non-standard builds, but if you pick a champion that is typically considered a tank, your team is going to expect you to be a tank unless you tell them otherwise.

AP Ezreal has and still can work, but if I pick Ezreal, you are going to expect me to be an AD Carry, no? I am sure somebody else on my team will gladly fill the ADC slot, but they won't know to if I don't tell them to.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 01-21-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snipawolfe (Hozzászólás 33743677)
I wasn't justifying building damage at all. I walked into the game with the intent of building AD Malphite. I also DID initiate the fights unless someone on our team was caught. MF never got a single ultimate off. I didn't wait until the end of the fight to go in.

I'm not saying you didn't initiate fights. I'm saying that because you decided to build AD Malphite (by the way... the only thing Malphite has that scales to AD is his auto-attacks), you got melted when you initiated. It doesn't do your team much good to be a squishy initiator.

It's the ADC's job to build damage. It's your job to ultimate in, soak a ton of damage, and survive, so you can keep the enemy team off your teammates while they kill them.

If this doesn't sound fun to you, don't play a champion that your team expects to play as an initiator. Play Darius or something if you just want to go for kills.

EDIT: I now see what you're talking about on Malphite's AD scaling. Nonetheless, the rest of the post still applies.

Snipawolfe 01-21-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo (Hozzászólás 33744054)
I'm not saying you didn't initiate fights. I'm saying that because you decided to build AD Malphite (by the way... the only thing Malphite has that scales to AD is his auto-attacks), you got melted when you initiated. It doesn't do your team much good to be a squishy initiator.

It's the ADC's job to build damage. It's your job to ultimate in, soak a ton of damage, and survive, so you can keep the enemy team off your teammates while they kill them.

If this doesn't sound fun to you, don't play a champion that your team expects to play as an initiator. Play Darius or something if you just want to go for kills.

EDIT: I now see what you're talking about on Malphite's AD scaling. Nonetheless, the rest of the post still applies.

I don't mind being a tank, it just makes me annoyed when my team acts like it would have changed anything. We'd have lost regardless because even if I was a tank, they wouldn't have been able to utilize that.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 01-21-2013 03:17 PM

Yet you're putting the entire blame on them.

Even if they were playing better, your team still probably would have lost because instead of a tank, they had a glass cannon Malphite who was getting melted pretty quickly. Just because they were playing bad, and probably even worse than you, doesn't mean you're completely innocent of blame for the loss.