League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rematchmaking games with AFK players by canceling games (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3028639)

Zer0blizzard 01-21-2013 11:09 AM

Rematchmaking games with AFK players by canceling games

I posted an idea earlier about kicking players that haven't made any actions in an entire minute and labeling them as AFK. As a related followup, I would suggest that games should be canceled if at least one team has one AFK person within the first 10 minutes. At around the 10 minute mark, all players should be lvl 6 and have access to their ults, which might allow players to get enough of an advantage at 4v5 at that point, but IMO, a majority of the time, any 4v5 teamfight (which is common in a game that has frequent teamfights) will result in a loss for the 4 person team (b/c they are missing a person).

Therefore, any game with at least one AFK person at the 10 min mark should be labeled as blatantly unfair and should not be counted.

Heck, maybe cancel all games with an AFK person as per my definition of AFK being not taking any actions for 60 seconds. You might also want to IP ban or increase penalities through LeaverBuster so people are less likely to repeatedly AFK.

Zer0blizzard 01-23-2013 08:03 PM

Bump.

Zer0blizzard 01-24-2013 07:15 PM

Bump.

Troa 01-24-2013 07:49 PM

There are plenty of 4v5 games that are winnable and won by the 4 people left, this would remove their ability to win and make the game truly pointless all around. I would encourage you to play another couple hundred games before really making such sweeping suggestions. Also, if people aren't posting in your threads, there's really no reason to mass bump them.

Zer0blizzard 01-25-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troa (Hozzászólás 33869423)
There are plenty of 4v5 games that are winnable and won by the 4 people left, this would remove their ability to win and make the game truly pointless all around. I would encourage you to play another couple hundred games before really making such sweeping suggestions. Also, if people aren't posting in your threads, there's really no reason to mass bump them.

I don't care about user replies for the purposes of bumping; I care about Riot seeing these posts. If they don't like them, they can close them.

As for your idea, there are more 4v5 games that are lost (I'm guessing) that are won. I would encourage you to play another couple hundred games before really making such sweeping suggestions.

See what I did there?

I'm sorry to hear that you think 4v5 games are usually winnable (if they're not, you're just wasting your time, statistically, go play a few hundred games before you insist otherwise). You must not be in ELO hell or what passes for it.

Finally, you nor I can speak as to the actual stats of this issue. One suggestion made by this forum is to encourage Riot to look into the matter, and potentially get the ball rolling on some ideas to combat the rampant repeated AFK problem.

01-25-2013 04:59 PM

I'd like to add that this isn't a bad idea in the slightest and I'm surprised people disagree with the notion that allowing a 4v5 match to continue and count toward your statistics as a player is "okay".

If I can reminisce back during the good old warcraft 3 days and vanilla dota I remember this being a very annoying problem. You'd join in and within a few minutes you'd get someone who decides they don't want to play anymore. Since there wasn't any official ladders people didn't think twice about afking or leaving a game they didn't want to play.

This problem was fixed for legitimate disconnects by the game's built-in connection time-out. If someone lost connection to the game, or was lagging a lot, it would pause the game and start a count down. If I can remember is was something as short as 2 minutes. The timer would keep track of every player and if you kept the game paused for 2 minutes it would auto-quit the game. Eventually third-party websites started to keep track of players and mods were used to auto kick players from lobbies if their IP was matched to a black-listed player or banned/leaver.

Now if you're still with me and didn't auto-downvote because I used the big bad word "dota", do I think this is the best solution to leavers and afkers in league of legends? Heavens no. Pauses during games would only annoy and anger players with today's games. I'd suggest dealing with it during champion select. If a player randoms his champion, not by choice but by being afk during the drafting, it should be canceled. The afk player would simply be removed from queue with the dodge penalty that's in place today. That would deal with a portion of these players.

That wouldn't deal with trolls though. They could just pick a champion and afk during game. For these kind of trolls, along with players who like to rage quit, I would suggest a timer much like OP suggested. Only, let it keep track of how long the player has been afk or disconnected from the game. After 5 or 10 minutes total has past you could mark the player a leaver, and mark the game safe to leave. The team with the leaver could choose to stay and try their hand at a 4v5 or they could leave with no penalty . You could still allow the team without the leaver a win, maybe at half elo. So it's not a waste of their time. Honestly, rage quitters usually come around when the other team is doing very well, so why penalize them? The team with the leaver would have a loss forgiven.

Zer0blizzard 01-28-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provoked (Hozzászólás 33896782)
I'd like to add that this isn't a bad idea in the slightest and I'm surprised people disagree with the notion that allowing a 4v5 match to continue and count toward your statistics as a player is "okay".

If I can reminisce back during the good old warcraft 3 days and vanilla dota I remember this being a very annoying problem. You'd join in and within a few minutes you'd get someone who decides they don't want to play anymore. Since there wasn't any official ladders people didn't think twice about afking or leaving a game they didn't want to play.

This problem was fixed for legitimate disconnects by the game's built-in connection time-out. If someone lost connection to the game, or was lagging a lot, it would pause the game and start a count down. If I can remember is was something as short as 2 minutes. The timer would keep track of every player and if you kept the game paused for 2 minutes it would auto-quit the game. Eventually third-party websites started to keep track of players and mods were used to auto kick players from lobbies if their IP was matched to a black-listed player or banned/leaver.

Now if you're still with me and didn't auto-downvote because I used the big bad word "dota", do I think this is the best solution to leavers and afkers in league of legends? Heavens no. Pauses during games would only annoy and anger players with today's games. I'd suggest dealing with it during champion select. If a player randoms his champion, not by choice but by being afk during the drafting, it should be canceled. The afk player would simply be removed from queue with the dodge penalty that's in place today. That would deal with a portion of these players.

That wouldn't deal with trolls though. They could just pick a champion and afk during game. For these kind of trolls, along with players who like to rage quit, I would suggest a timer much like OP suggested. Only, let it keep track of how long the player has been afk or disconnected from the game. After 5 or 10 minutes total has past you could mark the player a leaver, and mark the game safe to leave. The team with the leaver could choose to stay and try their hand at a 4v5 or they could leave with no penalty . You could still allow the team without the leaver a win, maybe at half elo. So it's not a waste of their time. Honestly, rage quitters usually come around when the other team is doing very well, so why penalize them? The team with the leaver would have a loss forgiven.

Holy ****. A reasoned, well-written, thoughtful response. Some faith in humanity restored.

What you said. All of it. RIOT NAO PLZ

Zer0blizzard 01-30-2013 02:51 PM

All you need is bump

Zer0blizzard 01-31-2013 09:14 AM

Smack my bump up

Zer0blizzard 02-07-2013 01:38 PM

Bump.