League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Where does Riot sit on nerfing/buffing champions? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3027016)

Justin Nguyen 01-21-2013 12:11 AM

Where does Riot sit on nerfing/buffing champions?

I'm curious on who's getting a nerf and who's getting a buff in the next upcoming patch.

In my opinion

Kayle

I think Kayle needs a nerf, because her top game is too strong. She has a bit of sustain, but tons of harass. She can stop a lot of damage too. So anyone/anything that deals good damage all at once gets screwed which puts a lot of champions in it. Besides a few like jayce or yorick. They have good harass, and they can continue the damage. Kayle also has CC, so she just flies over you and rains fire on you. Especially with tiamat it's pretty crazy. Stopping 3 seconds of damage could be the difference between dying and killing someone.

Kha'zix

Kha'zix is pretty strong at the moment especially as an assassins. His escape/gap closer is crazy. Plus he has high burst. He doesn't need a huge nerf, but just a tap down a little.

Champions that need buffs

Rammus

He's been out of it forever, and Riot has done nothing to fix him. He's kind of like evelynn, but 6 months ago. Useless and just a troll champion. People will deny it, but look back at how many rammuses do you see in games? Not a lot. If not the least. Rammus needs a pretty hard push right now, because he's been ignored all of Season 2 practically.

Trundle

A good amount of the game wouldn't even know what trundle looks like. He gets no playing time either. Not sure what you can buff on him, but he needs some type of push.

Corki

After Season 2 ended and ADCs got nerfed a little bit. I have not seen a corki yet. I think he needs a little push on his Q or R. Lower the CD on his W a little bit by like 2 seconds. A little push can get him back into the game.

Urgot

I remember when he was really strong back in mid-season 2. He used to be extremely dominant, but now he's not even played at all. He needs something to push him, because he's completely out of it.

Disclaimer: This is from my point of view, and it's not any hard facts, but from what I've seen these champions aren't played very often and being ignored. I understand some people will say "well just because they aren't played doesn't mean they suck". Well why can't someone explain why they aren't played? Cause they just aren't isn't a good answer. Though sometimes it can be a mental thing. When rengar was nerfed I played him perfectly fine. Just the community over hypes every single nerf/buff. People complain like crazy, but I played jungle rengar just fine getting first blood in season 2.

arturoblack 01-21-2013 12:23 AM

Rammus really needs a buff

Blood R4iNs 01-21-2013 12:26 AM

Rengar needs another buff, he is still pretty useless...

Justin Nguyen 01-21-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blood R4iNs (Hozzászólás 33719068)
Rengar needs another buff, he is still pretty useless...

I think Rengar sits on a medium podium. I don't play him in the jungle right now. For me it's usually nunu/skarner/zed/olaf jungle. Diana and Rengar are still to be tested. I think rengar needs 1 more push. Just 1 more. He's strong, but I destroyed him in jungle and lane as Zed. He needs just a small push. Same with Diana. I agree with you, but I'm talking about major issues. Though rengar will be in there some where. Riot just buffed him, so in their mind I doubt rengar is in there.

Jinx the Zombie 01-21-2013 12:30 AM

Trundle doesn't need a buff so much as he needs some quality of life changes, primarily in the form of updating his animations so he no longer stops to cast when moving. For a full melee bruiser with no gap closer other than a speed boost that only applies to a specific targeted area that quirk can be very problematic. However, it's neither weakness in game nor quality of life issues that make it so he gets infrequent play. Much like Urgot he's just plain ugly and most of the LoL playerbase doesn't like playing champs like that.

Justin Nguyen 01-21-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx the Zombie (Hozzászólás 33719161)
Trundle doesn't need a buff so much as he needs some quality of life changes, primarily in the form of updating his animations so he no longer stops to cast when moving. For a full melee bruiser with no gap closer other than a speed boost that only applies to a specific targeted area that quirk can be very problematic. However, it's neither weakness in game nor quality of life issues that make it so he gets infrequent play. Much like Urgot he's just plain ugly and most of the LoL playerbase doesn't like playing champs like that.

Tl;Dr trundle needs bug updates and urgot needs a facial remake XD. Though you realize the meta is based off pro gamers pretty much. Stonewall008 got people to believe "jungle darius" sucked so no one played it. Though he abused that chance harassed it, and people underestimated it. He literally gained like 200elo off it. If urgot gets a buff and gets a little bit of tourney play he'll be right back in the mix.

Baughwssery 01-21-2013 08:31 AM

Nerfs/Buffs are usually associated with competitive play. If a certain champion is picked/banned often and dominates, they will more than likely get nerfed. If a champ is never seen, or is seen but completely shut down, they may indeed get a buff. Not sure how accurate this is, I just saw a thread about it one day.

There's also a lot of testing in PBE that would determine buffs, nerfs, and reworks.

MarcusGraves 01-21-2013 11:18 AM

im still waiting for that buff/rework we are supposed to get for league's forgotten child viktor :/

Dthehunter 01-21-2013 12:04 PM

Major problem with RIOT is that they don't just 'bump' champions down. They smash them into the ground or they rocket propel them into space. The changes are sometimes so drastic that they create a real imbalance. They're getting better, but I wish small changes would come a bit more frequently.

fletche00 01-21-2013 12:25 PM

Riot admits when they mess up, they fully admited to Over-nerfing Rengar and Diana, w/ the intention of building them back up.

I have to disagree on Urgot, try playing him as a Bruiser instead of ADC, you will see a big difference in his DPS. Urgot still owns 9/10 AP champs mid.