League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   So sick of smurfs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3025993)

SaraSerket 01-20-2013 05:55 PM

So sick of smurfs

I am new to League of Legends. I have been playing for about 2 weeks.
I have never really played any kind of games before except for Pokemon and Minecraft, so I have no experience in this type of game.
I am so sick of going to play LoL, and having the other team be full of "smurf" accounts.
They just pick on my team and call us noobs the whole time.
We can't even get in kills and keep dying.
How am I supposed to learn how to play when I am dead the whole game?
I wish Riot would start banning these accounts...
They should be playing against people their own level and stop picking on newbies.
This game isn't fun with smurf accounts. I already want to quit.

Pigwidgeon 01-20-2013 05:57 PM

Play against bots to learn the game and get a feel for it, it'll be much better. Then you can start doing regular games once you feel more comfortable.

Hidden Dragon 01-20-2013 06:02 PM

A good idea is to play Coop vs. AI games until about level 10.

At this point, you stop seeing so many smurfs in your games as most will have insanely inflated ELO values (the hidden point value used to determine matchmaking) so the smurfs will be stuck playing other smurfs.

Bear through it. The first few levels are rough, but it gets better from there!

Zenfinity 01-20-2013 06:04 PM

While here I have seen many new players protest trolls and smurfs to no end, yet I have been playing for a few days and I have only encountered one case of abuse and maybe two cases of smurfs. Am I just lucky, or are people unlucky?

SaraSerket 01-20-2013 08:31 PM

Maybe I am unlucky, it has happened like more than half of the recent games I have played.. I went to playing bots for a while to get away from this.

Shottymaster 01-20-2013 08:35 PM

Even if you are unlucky, just remember that you can always mute them if they give you a hard time.

ImASpicyJalapeno 01-20-2013 10:28 PM

If the only way smurfs negatively affected this game was trash talking, then the mute button would cut complaints about them in half.

However...

If they're on your team, they can KS (mobs and players). This in turn leads to less xp, less gold, and suddenly, you're feeling pretty useless and not having much fun.
If they're on the other team, they can play at a higher level of sophistication, making a total stomping of your team inevitable.

Everyone just has to figure out if their interest in the game can pull them thru the tough times. It's not like you're going to hit 30 and all of a sudden, the trash talking goes away, either.

LiquidFlash 01-20-2013 10:54 PM

Theres nothing riot can really do about smurf accounts. plus you should be greatful its gonna give you a taste of what kind of players you'll play when you hit max level

Dynamo Sexy 01-21-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidFlash (Hozzászólás 33718278)
Theres nothing riot can really do about smurf accounts. plus you should be greatful its gonna give you a taste of what kind of players you'll play when you hit max level

This isn't true. They have smurf detection in matchmaking so as legitimate beginner players get higher in level, they will play against less and less smurf accounts.

Also, these smurf accounts aren't an accurate representation of the community as a whole. Some of them are made by people who have had their main account banned for toxic behavior, so low level smurfs tend to not be pleasant to play with. Another motivation to play a smurf account would be to have easier games, so I wouldn't expect the best sportsmanship from people who enjoy playing games against people with less experience than them.

MomoMonkey69 01-21-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraSerket (Hozzászólás 33709111)
I am new to League of Legends. I have been playing for about 2 weeks.
I have never really played any kind of games before except for Pokemon and Minecraft, so I have no experience in this type of game.
I am so sick of going to play LoL, and having the other team be full of "smurf" accounts.
They just pick on my team and call us noobs the whole time.
We can't even get in kills and keep dying.
How am I supposed to learn how to play when I am dead the whole game?
I wish Riot would start banning these accounts...
They should be playing against people their own level and stop picking on newbies.
This game isn't fun with smurf accounts. I already want to quit.

Don't worry about it. Use it as a rough learning experience (I mean, first mute the players >.>)
Your opponents will be much harder than what you are already used to, so you will adapt to the high level difficulty and before you know it, be beating people your own level quite easily!

I don't know though, most smurfs I saw were nice and gave me tips after the game
A lot of these smurfs are just level 30s with very low win/lose ratios looking to win games just so they can feel better about themselves. But of course, not all of them are.

Keep playing, practice, practice, one day you'll be just as good as them if not better ^.^