League of Legends Community
12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Mordekaiser E functionality after change (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3025442)

Grizzlier 01-20-2013 04:03 PM

Mordekaiser E functionality after change
 
On smartcast at least mord's e used to make him travel to the location he sent it to and then cast it. Now it just casts right in front of him automatically. Is this intended with the change because it is a slight convenience nerf.

adc 01-20-2013 04:04 PM

How is making a mechanic consistent across all characters a nerf? When I smartcast, I expect the spell to cast instantly. If anything, it makes him better (assuming what you're describing is true), since less people will **** that up.

Helter Kremlin 01-20-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD Bottom (Hozzászólás 33704886)
How is making a mechanic consistent across all characters a nerf? When I smartcast, I expect the spell to cast instantly. If anything, it makes him better (assuming what you're describing is true), since less people will **** that up.


I agree. Instant > delay of anysort (minus cast time spells and such.)

Edit: Delay being the walk you would take to the casting point.

If I wanted to cast it I would be over there, casting it.

Grizzlier 01-20-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD Bottom (Hozzászólás 33704886)
How is making a mechanic consistent across all characters a nerf? When I smartcast, I expect the spell to cast instantly. If anything, it makes him better (assuming what you're describing is true), since less people will **** that up.

You misunderstand, when I cast e on an area say for example minions in top lane who are closer to enemy turret and I'm over near the river bush and I click e on the minions, the way it previously functioned was it'd travel me over to the minions and then cast on them unless I moved from that course. Now if I e over to that area the e just casts where I'm at well before my intended target. It's just an annoyance having an aoe you cast out of the area and it casts in a spot you didn't intend.
Edit: There was NOT a delay in action and it has become instant it is a difference between intended area and where it currently casts.

adc 01-20-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlier (Hozzászólás 33705028)
You misunderstand, when I cast e on an area say for example minions in top lane who are closer to enemy turret and I'm over near the river bush and I click e on the minions, the way it previously functioned was it'd travel me over to the minions and then cast on them unless I moved from that course. Now if I e over to that area the e just casts where I'm at well before my intended target. It's just an annoyance having an aoe you cast out of the area and it casts in a spot you didn't intend.
Edit: There was NOT a delay in action and it has become instant it is a difference between intended area and where it currently casts.

I understand perfectly what you're saying. You're saying that before, with smartcast (unless you're misspeaking), it'd walk you to the minions and cast. This is not how smartcast was intended to work. It's been shifted to work properly, as intended - IE it casts immediately in the direction of your cursor.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 01-20-2013 04:20 PM

It's the same change they made to Jarvan's flag a few months back essentially.

Instead of walking you to a target, it casts it in the direction your mouse is... and casts it instantly.

It's significantly better. If I smart cast, I want my ability to go off immediately. Putting a delay on a smart cast ability 100% defeats the entire point of smartcasting--speed.

Grizzlier 01-20-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD Bottom (Hozzászólás 33705211)
I understand perfectly what you're saying. You're saying that before, with smartcast (unless you're misspeaking), it'd walk you to the minions and cast. This is not how smartcast was intended to work. It's been shifted to work properly, as intended - IE it casts immediately in the direction of your cursor.

But that is where my cursor is located at, it's my intended target. I think even if it is intended it's not great for the convenience of playing. I mean it's similar in function to corki's phosphorous bomb with it's aoe and corki still places his in the area he intended and it moves him over there. Same with cho'gath's rupture, etc it has only changed with these conal moves and I think that it isn't right to do so. It disrupts the flow of combat. It makes it clunkier to use anyhow.

Grizzlier 01-20-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo (Hozzászólás 33705476)
It's the same change they made to Jarvan's flag a few months back essentially.

Instead of walking you to a target, it casts it in the direction your mouse is... and casts it instantly.

It's significantly better. If I smart cast, I want my ability to go off immediately. Putting a delay on a smart cast ability 100% defeats the entire point of smartcasting--speed.

It isn't a delay if it is in used on a target outside of it's max range, it's simply the time it takes to walk to the max range of the intended area making it much easier to hit the target you intend. Now it requires you to walk to that area and find the best angle which ultimately slows you down more to do what you intend to do.

adc 01-20-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlier (Hozzászólás 33705670)
It isn't a delay if it is in used on a target outside of it's max range, it's simply the time it takes to walk to the max range of the intended area making it much easier to hit the target you intend. Now it requires you to walk to that area and find the best angle which ultimately slows you down more to do what you intend to do.

What if my target is right in front of me, and I move my mouse behind him, out of range, and press E? Now my character is going to walk there and cast it, instead of casting right in front of me where I intended it to. Every other smartcasted spell casts immediately towards where it's cast, to my knowledge. Why not this one?

PogoPogoPogoPogo 01-20-2013 04:28 PM

Here's why the old way is worse...

If there's an enemy champion already inside my range and I want to hit him with my E, I have to make sure my E is close enough to where Mordekaiser is standing so he doesn't try walking first. That's how the old system worked.

In the new system, as long as my mouse is ANYWHERE on the correct side of the screen, I can instantly cast it on the enemy champion without worrying about how many steps Mordekaiser will take and delay the cast.


It will take you literally 2 matches to get used to, and the new way is far, far, FAR superior. If you don't like it, go play another champion...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:39 AM.
12


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc