League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Question About Fraps (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3025373)

Kenocka 01-20-2013 03:47 PM

Question About Fraps

Okay so I can get Fraps to play and it will record things but it'll only record about thirty seconds or less.

It also makes me sound like Tristana and I'm not sure if this is the sound messing up or just my (until now really unknown) apparently incredibly soft, delicate female voice. It only seems to be affecting recording on my end (for my voice and character recordings, Nasus sounds like he's swallowed helium and so does the announcer) as my friend's deep manry voice sounds just the same as ever.

So if someone could help me figure this out then I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

NEVER MIND GOT LOL REPLAYS THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS! 8D

Hairyhulk 01-20-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenocka (Hozzászólás 33704215)
Okay so I can get Fraps to play and it will record things but it'll only record about thirty seconds or less.

It also makes me sound like Tristana and I'm not sure if this is the sound messing up or just my (until now really unknown) apparently incredibly soft, delicate female voice. It only seems to be affecting recording on my end (for my voice and character recordings, Nasus sounds like he's swallowed helium and so does the announcer) as my friend's deep manry voice sounds just the same as ever.

So if someone could help me figure this out then I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Did you purchase fraps? Or did you pirate it? Or is it the free trial?

Kenocka 01-20-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairyhulk (Hozzászólás 33704252)
Did you purchase fraps? Or did you pirate it? Or is it the free trial?

It was free.

Hairyhulk 01-20-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenocka (Hozzászólás 33704839)
It was free.

Free trial only records up to 30 seconds at once.

If you want to properly record things you will have to purchase it

Pigwidgeon 01-20-2013 05:51 PM

If you'd like to record your League games, I'd highly recommend you download "LOLReplay". As long as you have it running in the background, it will record your games. The file sizes are also much smaller (About 9mb per video) compared to the gb's that a video recorded with Fraps will be.

Hairyhulk 01-20-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pigwidgeon (Hozzászólás 33709006)
If you'd like to record your League games, I'd highly recommend you download "LOLReplay". As long as you have it running in the background, it will record your games. The file sizes are also much smaller (About 9mb per video) compared to the gb's that a video recorded with Fraps will be.

But LoLReplay won't actually record the footage and save it to your own hard drive. If you want to capture the footage for editing or uploading to Youtube for example you need a proper screen capture program.