League of Legends Community
12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Please Remove Insta-lock (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3024981)

wrsthnsatn667 01-20-2013 02:15 PM

Please Remove Insta-lock
 
Why hasn't this been implemented yet? There are way too many games where people are too butthurt about someone "picking/calling" a role before they did, so they go ahead and pick into it anyway and insta-lock because the community has too many immature people. Can you please Remove insta-lock Riot?

I'd prefer locking be removed altogether, but I understand why it's there, as it makes some games get going faster. At least remove the insta-lock aspect of it. Make it so people are unable to lock the first ~20-30 seconds of champ select, so people don't just go "Rawr, I'm mad and I'm gunna troll and insta-lock" and then the other person who wanted it goes "Oh, you locked? I'll do the same!" So within the first 5 seconds of champ select you've got a testosterone off (Regardless of if those kids lack it), and then someone else is forced to dodge because they're too busy butting heads and neither want to "lose the battle" and back off like someone who ISN'T a total ******.

Please can we fix this Riot? Thank you!

PogoPogoPogoPogo 01-20-2013 02:30 PM

And how exactly would you go about "fixing" this problem?

I mean, a time delay on lock-in doesn't really prevent the problem you're describing.

Best Novi NA 01-20-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo (Hozzászólás 33701273)
And how exactly would you go about "fixing" this problem?

I mean, a time delay on lock-in doesn't really prevent the problem you're describing.

What would be the difference between me insta-locking a champion and fighting in chat, and me selecting a champion without insta-lock and ignoring chat?

Are you going to be able to select that champion if I don't insta-lock?

Zombiemaster 01-20-2013 03:42 PM

How would putting a time delay on locking in solve your problem? People that insta-lock would just select their champion and wait until they can lock in, ignoring the chat. Your idea really doesn't fix anything at all.

Seriphym 01-20-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l Novi l (Hozzászólás 33701833)
What would be the difference between me insta-locking a champion and fighting in chat, and me selecting a champion without insta-lock and ignoring chat?

Are you going to be able to select that champion if I don't insta-lock?


Quote for truth.

Those who "insta call" are no better than those who "insta lock".

The real issue here is that, regardless of what we may think, our desire to play a certain champ "or role" is in no way more important than another person's desire to play a certain champ or role. That being said, their desire to do so is also in no way more important than our own.

jlmoss 01-20-2013 03:58 PM

Play draft... everyone can't insta-lock at once. Problem fixed.

I only play normal blind when I have a character or spot I want to practice and can't get my picks easy enough in Draft.

Boagster 01-20-2013 04:08 PM

@Seriphym:
I "insta call", as you put it, when there is a specific role I want (which is rare, I usually fill) but with one keen distinction: I make it clear that it's only my preference. I by no means assume by calling it first that I am outright entitled to it, but do get annoyed when people ignore what I said outright and take that role without communicating.

And that's the thing: The Summoner's Code states in (what I feel are) rather clear terms that communication amongst team members during champion select is paramount to any other means of picking roles. Insta-locking, pick order, and calling are all, on some level, counter-intuitive to communication. Though, I feel calling is the least detrimental to the team, because unlike the others, it can facilitate discussion amongst everyone.

Seriphym 01-20-2013 04:23 PM

@ Boagster:

You provide me with some hope at least. However the brunt of individuals I see on a weekend basis do not as they are not posting such calls in hopes to further the team but simply making sure that they and they alone get the spot they called. <copy paste is just as fast as insta lock>

Again It may only be me who has experienced this but those experiences are what I have to draw upon unfortunately.

wrsthnsatn667 01-20-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boagster (Hozzászólás 33705030)
@Seriphym:
I "insta call", as you put it, when there is a specific role I want (which is rare, I usually fill) but with one keen distinction: I make it clear that it's only my preference. I by no means assume by calling it first that I am outright entitled to it, but do get annoyed when people ignore what I said outright and take that role without communicating.

And that's the thing: The Summoner's Code states in (what I feel are) rather clear terms that communication amongst team members during champion select is paramount to any other means of picking roles. Insta-locking, pick order, and calling are all, on some level, counter-intuitive to communication. Though, I feel calling is the least detrimental to the team, because unlike the others, it can facilitate discussion amongst everyone.

Exactly. There is no 100% fix to the problems of trolling, at least I'm spitting out ideas that will help a little bit. If there was a sure fix for every troll, then they would have implemented it by now.

At least this delay will permit some people time to simmer down and not be super instadick mode, as well as have some other people try to persuade the other members to be generous. Sometimes the only uncalled role is support, but if two people instalock because they dont want to, then you're boned. If they didn't, someone might have sacrificed going support so someone can get a different role, as most people don't like supporting.

That's just an example. Is my solution going to fix the problem 100% of the time every time? No. But it isn't going to NOT fix the problem. Even if it only fixes 1 in every 100 games, that's still that many more games that are less stressful, annoying, and whatnot.

It's pretty damn easy to criticize and downvote someone's idea. How about if they're trying to come up with solutions to obnoxious problems, if you don't think their method is going to be the best option say something like "I share the same problem, and appreciate your attempts at fixing this, but I think doing Solution Y would be greater than your solution X because of here and here. I like the effort though" instead of "lolfag, ur2dumb, l2play scrub ur so stupid, downvote, super wrong"

Let's be mature about it guys. It's asking much, but whatever.

Thanks again!

HenryKrinkle 01-21-2013 06:08 PM

are you kidding? I Instalock Garen and call top right away. Eeryone will either have to agree or leave the game and wait 5 minutes. :D


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:20 PM.
12


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc