League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Losing all respect (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3022654)

NoOne98038 01-20-2013 01:28 AM

Losing all respect

I'm losing all respect for this game when there are multiple lvl 30's in a game and there isn't even a single lvl 30 on ur team. It's sicking. Why play a game when they have more experience and better masteries and runes? It's completely unfair and makes the game unbearable. No reason to play a game when the other team cheats.

PCPXTC 01-20-2013 01:48 AM

I would prefer to play against all level 30's myself, I like a challenge win or loss. I'm sure you more often get matched with players your own level either way, and a tough match against higher levels is a great way to improve your own skill so find a different way to look at these matches.

slanty eyed jew 01-20-2013 02:00 AM

Don't be such a crybaby

Flagrock 01-20-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoOne98038 (Hozzászólás 33681607)
I'm losing all respect for this game when there are multiple lvl 30's in a game and there isn't even a single lvl 30 on ur team. It's sicking. Why play a game when they have more experience and better masteries and runes? It's completely unfair and makes the game unbearable. No reason to play a game when the other team cheats.

The match making system is based off of the computer's predicted chances of you winning. It thinks that you have a 50% chance to win that match-up. Also, from +20 on up runes and masteries cannot be said the reason why you lost and won because the difference is extremely small and most 30s don't have a full rune page when they hit 30. Also, the match-making system takes into account how many wins you have and tries to put you where you win about 50% of the games because that is perfect balance and challenge. If you read some Red posts on this, they say the same thing and most times smurf accounts complain of actually facing real competition and people on their skill. So, the computer thinks that is where you should be because you are that good of a player. I usually only hear smurf accounts being placed there because they have a good grasp of the game and are highly skilled. If you're not a smurf then you're good and feel proud of that.

LoneWolfBrian 01-20-2013 08:23 AM

Yeah that's one major flaw I've seen, a level 29 does not match up to a level 30 when a level 30 can have another quint, another mastery point that goes into a better-than-average mastery.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 01-20-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolfBrian (Hozzászólás 33689340)
Yeah that's one major flaw I've seen, a level 29 does not match up to a level 30 when a level 30 can have another quint, another mastery point that goes into a better-than-average mastery.

Actually... the gap between 29 and 30 is a pretty small gap.

What do I get going from level 29 to 30?

1.5% movement speed from my quint.

+30 health from a mastery like Veteran's Scars
or perhaps some penetration out of Weapon Expertise or Arcane Knowledge
or maybe buffs will last 20% longer on me.

The point is, once you hit level 21, you can cap out one of the mastery trees, and it's impossible to cap out two trees no matter what. The extra masteries are nice, but the big masteries (like an extra 5% damage to targets under half health) you can get from level 21 on.

Pads 01-20-2013 09:19 AM

first of all the difference between lvl 28 or 29 and level 30
is like a quint and a mastery basically.... So if you're good at the game you'll still win your lane

Durentis 01-20-2013 01:09 PM

I've been paired against L30s for as long as I can remember and I'm still only L21. Despite knowing that I'm going to be paired against L30s, I don't go into the games expecting to lose.

L30 doesn't mean someone is skilled at the game, just that they have an advantage over you if you're equally skilled. I doubt the matchmaker would pair equally skilled players against each other given a large level discrepancy unless queue time became a significant factor.

TERRORIST WlNS 01-20-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoOne98038 (Hozzászólás 33681607)

Who knows If the lvl 30s are bad or premade with low lvl accounts. I've seen lvl 30s with wins of like 20s or 40s. When I was like lvl 25 my team had no lvl 30 except lvl 29 and the other team had a lvl 30 but had wins like 58 or something like that, the game was pretty even. And I'm sure we wouldn't go against lvl 30s that have wins of over 300 or elo that are above 1200 or higher and how would do they cheat? God mode hacks or something like that?

SQD D 01-20-2013 04:25 PM

When I was around level 5 in s2 I would play 5v5 with my level 30 friends and mid Brand. Sometimes I won sometimes I lost. If you are good enough you can still outplay your opponents.