League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Laptop friendly Champions? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3022134)

BuckNasty8805 01-19-2013 10:22 PM

Laptop friendly Champions?

Hello everyone, just started playing LOL a few days ago and love it. But I'm having some trouble handling certain champions with a laptop and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on some champions that are laptop friendly.

Evelynn works pretty well for me at the moment but I want to have more choices in the future.

Panzerfaust 01-19-2013 11:09 PM

Buy a mouse for $5-10. I know it sounds like crappy advice, but trust me, just do it. The game isn't trackpad friendly, so playing without a mouse is just intentionally stabbing yourself in the eye.

Rooster DWSF 01-20-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckNasty8805 (Hozzászólás 33676557)
Hello everyone, just started playing LOL a few days ago and love it. But I'm having some trouble handling certain champions with a laptop and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on some champions that are laptop friendly.

Evelynn works pretty well for me at the moment but I want to have more choices in the future.

I have played on my laptop as well just using the pad on the laptop. I don't really have trouble with this since I am tuned in on how to move the mouse really fast so for me it's not a problem using the trackpad. I game a lot on my computer so I am good at quick mouse movements on the pad.

I always do prefer a mouse though. It's more comfortable to use you can pick them up for pretty cheap at your local best buy or electronics store. They always have some kind of good deal. I picked my mini microsoft mouse up for $2.99 at a local electronics store. Not bad of a deal for this mouse. But yeah shop around you can get fairly decent deals on a corded or wireless mouse. I always prefer corded because if your batteries fail mid game you are screwed.

IDACHIAFK 01-20-2013 07:59 AM

I play on a laptop with a mouse, so like Panzer said, buy the mouse when you can and you will be able to play at your full potential in no time!

Splurged 01-20-2013 08:12 AM

steal a mouse from your desktop or buy one. I play on a laptop with a mouse. The pad is too slow, especially is you want to smart cast.

WinterEclip5e 01-20-2013 11:50 AM

You could try sona, you dont even need to aim with her, just move around and spam everything

Panzerfaust 01-20-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterEclip5e (Hozzászólás 33694349)
You could try sona, you dont even need to aim with her, just move around and spam everything

Except that if you're not positioning or auto attacking with her, you're just going to be useless (or die, which is worse than useless).

DetrikXanthos 01-20-2013 12:16 PM

Yeah for the first few times I played I tried to use my track pad it doesn't really work with this game so getting a cheap mouse will help for now because that's what I did. I eventually got a Razer Naga and won't play without it.

LiLesah 01-20-2013 02:07 PM

Been playing for about a month on a laptop touchpad... FINALLY got a mouse today & it's sooo much easier. took a little getting used to but helps a lot. :)

Qdwczseax 01-20-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDACHIAFK (Hozzászólás 33686979)
I play on a laptop with a mouse, so like Panzer said, buy the mouse when you can and you will be able to play at your full potential in no time!

thats true :P it worked out for me really well