League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Champion Concept]Fender, The Evolving Robot (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3021391)

FoxMindedGuy 01-19-2013 05:38 PM

[Champion Concept]Fender, The Evolving Robot

1 Attachment(s)
Hello summoners,

First of all, I would like to thank you for deciding to give this poor fellow a chance. One of my previous creations was Flora, The Nature Goddess and I hope you guys like Fender's champion design as much as Flora was loved.

Fender, The Evolving Ninja Robot

Attachment 597304

Character Concept

This mechanical being is a skinny version of Blitzcrank when it comes to plain appearance. However, he plays a lot different than the Steam Golem. Like his name, Fender's job is to avert (defend or fend off, if you will) danger for his allies. Other than that, he also has perhaps one of the MOST anticipated tools in his arsenal of spells: Spell Copying.

Lore

One of the earliest Android-based creations of humanity, Fender is a miraculous and unreproducible design that has spent the many centuries in hibernation mode. Tasked solely to protect people against catastrophic dangers, this self-sufficient machine fights without humanistic weaknesses like fear or fatigue. Its forever evolving artificial intelligence, ability to objectively analyze situations and remarkable efficiency in performing complex calculations enables him to be a formidable force in any battle condition. While Fender takes instructions from no one, it is often seen glorifying the name of its creator on the battlefronts of Summoner Rift: Christine Brynn Khalil.

Basic Statistics:
Damage -> 55 (+3.5 per level)
Health -> 400 (+90 per level)
Mana -> 300 (+40 per level)
Move Speed -> 330
Attack Speed -> 0.8 (+0.1 per level)
Armor -> 15 (+3.5 per level)
Magic Resist -> 30 (+1.25 per level)
Health Regeneration -> 7 (+0.75 per level)
Energy Regeneration per second -> 10 (+0. per level)

(Passive) Subsistency
Aside from the passive Mana Regeneration, Fender also accumulates an extra 10 mana for every spell or ability used within 600 radius of his position. This subsistence effect does not grant regeneration bonuses when Fender itself uses spells or abilities.

(Q) Fragmentation
Range -> 600
Mana Cost -> 75
Cool-Down -> 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 seconds

Activation:
Fender rolls like a ball in a targeted direction forward (does not traverse through walls through this). Enemies colliding with Fender during the roll take 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 / 260 (+1.50 AD)(+0.75 AP) mixed damage, are knocked back from the impact point and are stunned for 1.00 second. Think Gragas ultimate effect with less push back magnitude but a stun attached on it.

(W) Flooder
Range -> 700
Radius -> 350 / 375 / 400 / 425 / 450
Mana Cost -> 50
Cool-Down -> 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 seconds

Activation:
Fender spills slippery oil onto the target location, which stays on the floor for 5 seconds and alters the movements of all trespassing units.

Allies walking over the oil slide speedily to the opposite end of the spill's circle (from which they entered).

Enemies walking over the oil are slowed for 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% / 50% (the effect has no lingering time and enemies are unslowed as soon as the oil expires or they walk out of it).

(E) Protection
Range -> 0 (Self-Cast)
Mana Cost -> 50
Cool-Down -> 20 seconds

Activation:
Protection is a self-target ability that applies a spell-shield on Fender for up to 2 seconds. If the shield is popped by an ability, Fender gains +20 / +40 / +60 / +80 / +100 Movement Speed and 20% / 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% Slow Immunity for 3 seconds.

Additionally, if Copy is learned and is off cool-down, Fender will learn the absorbed spell in place of his fourth ability.

(R) Copy
Range -> Varies per ability learned
Health Cost -> Varies per ability learned
Mana Cost -> 100 / 75 / 50
Cool-Down -> Varies per ability learned

Passively Fender gains +7 / +14 / +21 Attack Damage, Movement Speed, Defense and Magic Resist.

Activation:
Mimics the properties of whatever ability is learned through a successful use of Protection. A new spell through Protection will NOT replace this ability slot if the incumbent spell is on cool-down or Copy has not been learned at all (no skill points invested in R as of yet). Additionally, any previously learned spell in the 4th ability slot is LOST on death.

AquariusGhost 01-19-2013 09:05 PM

wow i like his ult. to be able to copy any champions ability would take a tremendous amount of skill in different situations.

FoxMindedGuy 01-20-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquariusGhost (Hozzászólás 33676152)
wow i like his ult. to be able to copy any champions ability would take a tremendous amount of skill in different situations.

Yup, Dota has it and I think it's time LOL get it as well.

EragoneR 01-20-2013 01:26 AM

This champ is so goddamn op dude ... Q and W and E are so op ..

FoxMindedGuy 01-21-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EragoneR (Hozzászólás 33681576)
This champ is so goddamn op dude ... Q and W and E are so op ..

Toned the numbers down on E, was a bit excessive.

Fate000 01-21-2013 11:20 AM

I say 'Why use pulse?' It seems to be very similar to Energy, why not use that instead? Make his passive 'regains 10 energy each ability used'.
Also your pulse costs are really, really high. One-two ability(s) and you're done. That's really dull to play... Maybe lower all the numbers and halve the pulse costs. You can only do so much peeling with one spell.
(Also this is a nitpick but champion gain attack speeds in percents, usually ~+3%, and this stacks additively for a total of about ~+51% at level 18. Also it's not called Spell Block, it's called Magic Resistance.)

Also, what do you build? I see the huge AD scaling on Q, and try to get an AD-scaling ultimate like Caitlyn's, and Bruiser Fender seems good to me. Is that intended?

FoxMindedGuy 01-31-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fate000 (Hozzászólás 33735929)
I say 'Why use pulse?' It seems to be very similar to Energy, why not use that instead? Make his passive 'regains 10 energy each ability used'.
Also your pulse costs are really, really high. One-two ability(s) and you're done. That's really dull to play... Maybe lower all the numbers and halve the pulse costs. You can only do so much peeling with one spell.
(Also this is a nitpick but champion gain attack speeds in percents, usually ~+3%, and this stacks additively for a total of about ~+51% at level 18. Also it's not called Spell Block, it's called Magic Resistance.)

Also, what do you build? I see the huge AD scaling on Q, and try to get an AD-scaling ultimate like Caitlyn's, and Bruiser Fender seems good to me. Is that intended?

First of all, I would like to thank you for the thorough feedback. I went ahead and tweaked everything you pointed out :D

Um.. as per your Caitlyn's question, you build according to your opponents. You could play Fender as a bruiser but I envisioned him more of a support like Blitzcrank but with less aggressiveness in lane. His primary job is to keep foes away from your squishy allies (and Q and W should allow him that).

Therefore, Ideally I would want him to mimic spells like Amumu's ultimate or Sona's (can't mimic Crowstorm because that doesn't pop Spell-shields). However, this doesn't mean that Fender is limited from going any other role, he could absorb Veigar's or Talon's ultimate and build around scaling that spell :D

PS: Added concept art.

Keledrath 01-31-2013 07:44 AM

How exactly do you go about changing your copied spell? Do you have to die if you want to change it, or do you only get a limited number of uses per spell?

FoxMindedGuy 01-31-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keledrath (Hozzászólás 34090897)
How exactly do you go about changing your copied spell? Do you have to die if you want to change it, or do you only get a limited number of uses per spell?

Um... You automatically copy a spell, if:
(1) You have learned R
(2) You successfully block a spell with E (<- Which gets put onto your copy)
(3) The spell in your current R space is on cool-down

Hi I Like Cats 01-31-2013 09:35 PM

I have some questions regarding your ultimate:
-What will the copy ability cost in energy? How will this be translated over from mana, health, no cost, etc?
-I'm assuming the new cooldown reflects the copied ability's?

Other comments:
-Having only basic ability that can damage seems awfully weak, even for a support role. I don't know, the only other champion I can think of with one damaging basic ability is Sona.
-You will very likely never run out energy because of very long cooldowns on each spell and your passive

I really like your idea, especially the ultimate, but I believe its based too much in utility. With only one damaging ability before lvl 6, and with a cool down over 15 seconds, he just doesn't pack enough punch overall.