League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Kata-flippin-rina (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3021251)

BowlingForShoop 01-19-2013 04:55 PM

Kata-flippin-rina

Kat doesn't use mana, her cooldowns are reset on kill/assist (except her ult which is only shortened, but after 2 kills it has reset again), her abilities chain SO well together... I have a hell of a time playing against this champ, she's just so strong...

I play mostly mid so my question is: how do you counter a champ like this who seemingly has no weaknesses... I know her ult can be interrupted, but a lot of the time when I'm able to interrupt it, her jump is off cooldown again so she just jumps to me again and kills me anyway unless I'm standing directly under my turret (I can't possibly just stand under my turret the whole game every time there's an enemy Kat).

Also, are there any foreseeable nerfs for Kat? Is there a reason she shouldn't be nerfed? I can't possibly be seeing the whole picture here, or else she would have been nerfed a thousand times over already.

Thanks for any insight on this (in my opinion) insanely broken champion.

ZioticX 01-19-2013 05:04 PM

Any champion with cc.

mambawarrior0 01-19-2013 05:11 PM

Try counterpicking if you have that much trouble with her. Ryze works fairly well, and is only 450 IP.

xCust0m 01-19-2013 05:34 PM

Play Diana. Kat comes close - W. GG.

BloodworksInc 01-19-2013 05:57 PM

I play some of my games as Kat, and from personal experience I can tell you - Anyone with hardcore C.C. abilities, e.g. Stuns/Slows/Silence.

It's a real pain when they take time to think out how to time it too, just as you Shunpo into the middle of a team fight - damn near everyone turns and Silences or Stuns you to prevent Sinister Steel and Death Lotus. Kat seems to have no weaknesses, but she does, trust me. You need to learn how to use her well, positioning and situational awareness. In terms of countering? Like I said, and has been mentioned thus far in the thread;

C.C. her into oblivion.

Dashinize 01-19-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZioticX (Hozzászólás 33668836)
Any champion with cc.

overused but it's simply that simple.

Annie:
Kat comes near? Stun + insane burst and walk away with a shield

Talon:
Kat uses her ult? Use your ult to either get away, or burst her down after silencing her

Ahri:
Kat comes even remotely near? Charm her sexuality backwards and melt her.

etc etc. If you play champs with ZERO CC, you're expected to get melted by katarina. She counters those people, and it just so happens those people are the popular champs. She's not OP, people can't counterpick.

BloodworksInc 01-19-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightmares777 (Hozzászólás 33670565)
overused but it's simply that simple.
Annie:
Kat comes near? Stun + insane burst and walk away with a shield

I cannot express, the amount of rage that flows through my veins, when Annie stun-locks me by dropping Tibbers on me.

Oh the Noxian Fury I tell you.

Panzerfaust 01-19-2013 06:40 PM

Please, please please please, guys, do not recommend individual champions as a counter to another champion in blind pick. It's beyond unhelpful, it's actually harmful.

@OP: The short version, is to take advantage of your range over her (assuming you're mid and are playing a ranged champion). If you have CC, see what you can do about stunning her when she tries to ult. As she's melee, try to harass her when she comes in to last hit; if she's using her Q to farm, she's not using it on you.

NiceSPDR 01-19-2013 06:47 PM

Really any CC will shut her down very quickly

BowlingForShoop 01-20-2013 03:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestions (mainly Panzerfaust, other responses like "just use CC" aren't helpful at all), I've yet to play another Kat lane so I'll get back with some results!