League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Am i the problem, or is my team the problem? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3021143)

StormDjinn 01-19-2013 05:17 PM

Am i the problem, or is my team the problem?

This has happened 2 or 3 times now in the past week, and it's really confusing to me how this happens. I like playing a bruiser top such as volibear or garen, and when i do so, i manage to do pretty well, but we still end up losing late-game. Even when we've aced them twice, they still manage to come around and beat us, even though i push whenever i get the chance (3 or more of their team and dead)

Prime example-
I was volibear, and i killed the VI who was also up top about 4 times in the lane phase, only dying once. When my lane was pushed, i even helped mid get a kill and got an assist. End game, i had 17/6/10 (i was the only person with double digits for kills btw). However, In the late game team fights, they would focus me with CC, and then pick off my team who were all crazy squishy, push with 4 of their champs and win. Did we lose becuase Ahri and Talon didn't carry well (can Talon ADC?), or did i do something wrong?

Example 2-
I was garen. One of my favorite champs, knowing full well that he doesn't scale late game. My job is not to scale late game, that's the ADC's job. Through mid game, i had my full build, and was destroying them. As usual, i'd push like mad whenever we could. Soon, i couldn't kill them unless they were alone, and they started destroying us completely. One or two ace on their side and we lose. Again.

It's not like i'm trying to KS or anything, but did i get too many kills that weren't given to our carries? what exactly is my job supposed to be as the top bruiser?

tl:dr;
I'm doing well as a bruiser on top, win my lane, push when their team is mostly dead, etc. We still lose, and i'm not sure why.

RealMouse 01-19-2013 05:39 PM

a few more questions..

do you use wards?

do you quickly call mia's

do you do your best to communicate with your team?

if you do those things, then it could be your teammates, it could be your ELO is not accurate yet...

does your team use wards?

does your team communicate well?

is your jungler helping with ganks? is he keeping up with items and levels?

theres so many things that can factor into a win or loss it is hard to pinpoint.

the bottom line is this, Are you playing to the best of your ability?

if yes: GLHF if no:you could be part of the issue

1 person (no matter how poorly they play) cannot lose a match unless they are trying to. it is a team effort to win or lose..sometimes it is just a more skilled team on the other side.

Sereg Anfaug 01-19-2013 05:43 PM

There's always something you can do better, but without seeing the games(or being very good myself, lol) I can't necessarily tell you what that might be. Some teams will not be salvageable, even if your play is perfect(which it can never be), but don't focus on your teammates when you look to assign blame.

Instead of thinking "this guy picks Talon as ADC and feeds bot, gg", you should be thinking "damn, I just missed a last hit on a siege minion. I'll click on the next one and keep an eye on his health so I don't miss that chunk of gold". Instead of "mid doesn't call mia, gg", "didn't see their mid leave lane that time - I need to pay more attention to the minimap".

By even asking this, you're on the right track, though.

ZioticX 01-19-2013 05:47 PM

You may a good player, and your team may just suck, but people on these forums will just tell you "carry harder"

Savage MoFo 01-19-2013 05:55 PM

when you are raping your lane and your allies are doing bad. help the lanes every now and then, and cause some damage to every turret.