League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Replays in youtube Vids (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3020669)

Scarlet Ambition 01-19-2013 01:31 PM

Replays in youtube Vids

I was asked to make League of Legends Videos for Support guides but I'm having trouble making the LoLreplay videos into youtube clips. Eventually I want to get into livestreaming also since it would make making videos guides easy for me.

Anybody know any advice,suggestions, or perhaps the answer what to do?

JabaRune 01-19-2013 04:38 PM

=/ Well... record the replay with a screen recorder... something like fraps.... then open the fraps recording with a program like sony vegas... then publish/render the video in sony vegas to one of the many video formats that youtube supports. Then upload the video to youtube.

For live streaming you probably want to download xsplit.

Scarlet Ambition 01-20-2013 10:34 AM

can you dumb that down a bit, I didn't understand what you meant.

Panzerfaust 01-20-2013 11:11 AM

The program used to get replays doesn't actually save video, it just saves information coming from the server. As such you need to then actually record it with a 'screen capture' program, i.e., something that lets you record your screen. Fraps and xsplit are two, though there are plenty of others (price and quality vary - there are some free/trial ones), and I don't know enough about them to give you a good recommendation.

JabaRune 01-20-2013 11:21 AM

I can try.
#1 Download a program that can record your screen. There are a bunch of programs that do that. Fraps is just one of them.

#2 Open lol replay and watch the game that you want to upload to youtube. Hit escape and go to video settings and set it to borderless instead of full screen.

#3 Record the lolreplay with whatever program you downloaded in step1.

#4 Edit the video you recorded in step 3 using a program like sony vegas or windows movie maker.

#5 upload the video you created in step 4 to youtube by going to youtube.com and signing into your account.

Hairyhulk 01-20-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluescarla (Hozzászólás 33693698)
can you dumb that down a bit, I didn't understand what you meant.

Lol.

LoLReplays saves the game on a seperate server. It doesn't record anything or save anything to your system. In order to broadcast a LoLReplay video, you have to watch it again - and while doing so use a screen capture program, like Fraps. This will actually record whats happening on your screen and allow you to save it.

At this point you have a video that hasn't been rendered yet. To be able to upload your captured footage, you need a video editing program like Sony Vegas or CyberDirector 10.You copy your footage into said program and it will render it into a file of your choosing. (i.e. .mp4) which you can then upload to Youtube.

It's a tedious process that might take you some practicing. After you become very familiar with it, you can begin learning different ways to improve your video through movie magic. (Editing :P)

Panzerfaust 01-20-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairyhulk (Hozzászólás 33695781)
LoLReplays saves the game on a seperate server. It doesn't record anything or save anything to your system.

Not true, not even close to true.

Hairyhulk 01-20-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzerfaust (Hozzászólás 33696303)
Not true, not even close to true.

Care to elaborate?

Panzerfaust 01-20-2013 02:54 PM

Are you sure you won't read part of what I said, and then go spread bits and pieces of my post via partial understanding like you seem to have done here?

JabaRune 01-20-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzerfaust (Hozzászólás 33702135)
Are you sure you won't read part of what I said, and then go spread bits and pieces of my post via partial understanding like you seem to have done here?

That only sounds slightly less harsh after the edit.