League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Your opinion on the new ghost relic (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3019553)

AdeptRogueNagi 01-19-2013 07:10 AM

Your opinion on the new ghost relic

Welcome, as the title stated, this forum topic will be discussing your opinion on the new update currently patched in League of Legends involving the Twisted Treeline.
Here are some things to note about the new ghost relic as stated in the patch notes.
-It spawns exactly at 1:55
-The moment it is taken, it has a respawn timer of 90 seconds.
-Retrieving the relic heals the receiver for a base amount of health and mana, while recieving a small movement speed increase.
-Unlike dominion health relics, this relic does not grant fury to certain champions.

Let's go over some questions to think about.

-Would you rather prefer the speed shrine over the new ghost relic?
-Would you want the new relic to grant fury to those certain champions like the dominion relics?
-What is your overall opinion of the new ghost relic?

Here are my responses based on my opinion.
-Granting free movement speed made engaging and disengaging a little too easy for those who have already stepped over the speed shrine, fairly this is a good change.
-Twisted Treeline is known for favoring champions who are bruisers and off-tank, most fury based champions are considered bruisers and off-tank and not quite sure if Riot intentionally did this in order to not allow those fury champions to dominate every other champion.
-With the new relic, it gives players more options to sustain, however it also now encourages them to now race for it in order to obtain the relic. With that said, forcing fights over the relic are ensued than ever before. Personally in my opinion I think the respawn timer is too short, the fact that it spawns at 1:55 and it respawn timer of 90 seconds, just puts champions with strong early game in favor, to bully the enemy from being able to fight over the relic and force to be passive.

Thank you for reading this.

Cytochrome T 01-19-2013 09:57 AM

I'm really starting to like the new relic. It prevents those silly fights on the shrine when everyone was moving the equally faster. It also encourages counter-jungling and pushing as you can easily escape with the relic heal/speed. The old shrine never seemed to actually effect things.

Cronotrigger07 01-19-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

I'm really starting to like the new relic. It prevents those silly fights on the shrine when everyone was moving the equally faster. It also encourages counter-jungling and pushing as you can easily escape with the relic heal/speed. The old shrine never seemed to actually effect things.
I agree. I feel the relic is much more useful than the original speed shrine..which was really nothing special to have control over.

I think the respawn time could be a bit shorter though...not powerful enough to warrant a 90 sec CD.

Cytochrome T 01-19-2013 10:12 AM

The only problem is that you can see when the enemy team gets the relic. Once that is fixed the relic will be much more usable for offense instead of just escapes and sustain.

AdeptRogueNagi 01-19-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liltonyabc (Hozzászólás 33657100)
The only problem is that you can see when the enemy team gets the relic. Once that is fixed the relic will be much more usable for offense instead of just escapes and sustain.

Riot probably just replicated the relic from the health relics from dominion after all, adding the movement speed buff was the whipped cream over it.