League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kassadin... I think its time (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3019505)

Benede 01-19-2013 06:45 AM

Kassadin... I think its time

Kassadin is a champion where in the "correct hands", is simply too powerful. When playing another ap carry, you just cant win, Kass counters basically all of them. And even if your going up against an adc After level 6, plain and simple he doesn't lose a match-up. Its extremely or never the less, almost impossible to gank him. And the riftwalk cast radius is bigger than flash? Thats pretty ridiculous. As a huge kassadin player, with countless 20+ kill games, I can safely say this guy is OP, plain and simple. What are your thoughts?

CerealBoxOfDoom 01-19-2013 06:53 AM

He's able to do this cuz he is part of a very small group of champions called assassin mages. Not many are accustomed to this

Jamaree 01-19-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benede (Hozzászólás 33652083)
Kassadin is a champion where in the correct hands, is simply too powerful. When playing another ap carry, you just cant win, Kass counters basically all of them. And even if your going up against an adc After level 6, plain and simple he doesn't lose a match-up. Its extremely or never the less, almost impossible to gank him. And the riftwalk cast radius is bigger than flash? Thats pretty ridiculous. As a huge kassadin player, with countless 20+ kill games, I can safely say this guy is OP, plain and simple. I think either a rework or nerf is necessary.

I can safely say that you are bad and just because a champion is good at doing something, doesn't mean they are OP. You didn't use any facts or statistics of any kind to say he is OP, you just brought up pure what ifs.

fletche00 01-19-2013 07:43 AM

Veigar/LB can shut down a Kassadin hard pre 6, and IDC who you are, if you get shut down early as Kass, it is pretty hard to make a comeback from it.

Adrian Umbra 01-19-2013 07:54 AM

Riftwalk used to be about the same range as flash. But then flash got nerfed.

Rampant Poncho 01-19-2013 08:51 AM

Magic resist counter Kass hard. I've won mid lane vs Kass by simply rushing abyssal scepter. My damage output was a little lower than usual in early game but I was able to survive in lane and keep up with Kass's farm no problem. He has no sustain unless he get's spellvamp so ask your jungler to come for ganks just to get some extra damage on him.

Zombiemaster 01-19-2013 09:28 AM

Just because you say you've had countless 20+ kill games doesn't mean you can safely say that Kassadin is OP. If you had countless 20+ kill games as Nami or Heimerdinger, would you say that they are OP?

You most likely just played against people who don't know how to handle Kassadin, and since he's an assassin, it's not too hard to stomp those people.

Whispy 01-19-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombiemaster (Hozzászólás 33655700)
Just because you say you've had countless 20+ kill games doesn't mean you can safely say that Kassadin is OP. If you had countless 20+ kill games as Nami or Heimerdinger, would you say that they are OP?

You most likely just played against people who don't know how to handle Kassadin, and since he's an assassin, it's not too hard to stomp those people.

Whoa whoa whoa Nami and heimer are OP. Nami can like do dat thingy and then that thingy happens and heimers all like pew pew pop a cap in dat a*s INB4 gangsta heimerdinger.

The Blue Jelly 01-19-2013 03:58 PM

Let me tell you a story of my people.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Story Time Voice
Once upon a time there was a champion named Ashe. She used to chill out in Mid and carry games.

But then one day a hot-headed mage named Brand yelled at her to go somewhere else so that him and his kind could take over the Mid Lane.

Being a chill archer, Ashe just let the hot-head be, and ran on down to Bottom Lane with her friend, Sona.

The Voidwalker known as Kassadin saw this, and realized his opportunity had come. Finally, he could reliably fight only mages- against whom he excelled- in the lane best positioned for blinks and ganks.

One day, while Ashe was CSing, she noticed the plight of her ally at mid. Kassadin was really beating up on her bossy magician team-mate, and there was little he could do to stop it. Every time he'd try to land one of his spells, Kassadin would merely blink away. And even when he did get the rare hit, the damage was reduced and actually made Kass grow stronger!

Seeing this, Ashe asked if Brand would let her take over the lane. But being the hot-head he is, he refused. The match ended poorly, with an overly fed Kassadin laughing the entire time.

This saddened Ashe, but she was determined that her next match would end better!

This time it was Swain that requested Mid from her. She conceeded to his supperior tactical mind, and went down Bot to sing some Erasure with Soraka. The cunning Kassadin saw Swain heading towards mid, and smiled widely. It was going to be another easy win.

Now, Swain, upon receiving the intel that Kass was going to be his lane opponent, panicked. You see, Kassadin is well-known as the Anti-Mage Mage. Remembering that Ashe had originally asked if she could mid, and being of keen tactical mind himself, he quickly sent his bird to kindly request that the two switched lanes. Agreeing with this, Ashe took mid while the Noxian general went bot.

As Kassadin approached, Ashe smiled. She was still upset about the last game, and this one gave her a chance for revenge.

"SILENCE!" Kassadin bellowed. But Ashe's smile didn't wane. The only sound she needed was that of her bowstring.

Time and time again, her arrows found their mark. And Kassadin's natural resistance to magic was unable to lessen their strength.

After a long struggle and many retreats, Kassadin finally reached the level of power needed to riftwalk.

As he tried to riftwalk to dodge Ashe's attacks, she giggled uncontrollably. "I NEVER miss!"- and her words held true. Every time he blinked, her arrows would follow, tracking him like a missile from hell.

A chill ran through him. The frost archer who was plaguing him had begun to enchant her arrows in order to slow him. He panicked. His blink was going to be down for another two seconds!

Ashe yelped with glee as she summoned a giant ice arrow and released it from her bow. It struck Kassadin, stunning him, and being unable to escape, he fell to the endless onslaught of arrows.

As he parted from this world, his dieing words echoed:
"**** YOU FOR NOT LETTING ME FACE THAT WHICH I HARD COUNTER, SWAIN! I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS! YOU AND YOUR LITTLE BIRD, TOO!"

Ashe chuckled as her gold pouch suddenly felt heavy. This was going to be a fun match.

Try not to counterpick yourself, and you'll find you do a lot better at this game.

This isn't to say you should never fight him on a mage (Ahri can handle him quite well, I'm actually undefeated in-lane against him), just that yes, he's going to seem very strong if you face him on something he counters. He counters mages. You know what he doesn't counter?
Everything Else.

DarksideEric 01-19-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Blue Jelly (Hozzászólás 33667029)
He counters mages. You know what he doesn't counter?
Everything Else.

Actually he can counter Jarvan fairly well unfortunately.

He can avoid the knock up post 6 incredibly well :(