League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Which Jungler? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3019459)

Best Jayce Ult 01-19-2013 06:20 AM

Which Jungler?

I'm trying to decide which jungler I should learn how to play more prominently, as I am a terrible jungler. I have the following viable jungle champions:

Dr. Mundo
Olaf
Skarner
Maokai
Lee Sin
Nocturne
Shaco
Udyr
Rengar
Zed
Kha' Zix
Malphite (if you want to count him)

Which one would be the best to learn and do you have a guides that you can recommend?

Thanks!

X4N4T05 01-19-2013 06:27 AM

Nocturne/Lee Sin are great junglers with epic lategames. Give Jarvan IV a try as well. 3 forms of CC

Devious Rogue 01-19-2013 08:36 AM

If you're bad at landing skillshots, Lee might not be the one for you. I recommend Nocturne. Simple dynamics, and that Ult is very useful.

Personally, I like Mundo, because I play him as a support so I can get Ruby Sightstone, I can get Bulwark, I can get Shurelyas, I can get a lot of items the team needs or finds useful. Hell, even Mikael's Crucible. As long as he has a hunk of health, he can just run into fights and if people focus an ulting Mundo... well... hopefully, your team will focus their squishies and thus win.

Etherimp 01-19-2013 03:23 PM

Trundle, Mundo, and Skarner.

ThePonsterMenis 01-19-2013 08:48 PM

Nocturne for ulti.

Azellos 01-19-2013 09:23 PM

I'm usually a bad jungle too, but i find jarvan is a pretty forgiving jungler and im doing very well with him.

Dzanio 01-20-2013 12:08 AM

My suggestion? Pick whomever is really fun (for you) to play. Don't worry about whether they're good or not. If you're learning to jungle you just want someone comfortable, so that you can start thinking about the more complex aspects of jungling.

That said, I recommend against shaco; he's exceptionally hard to play to his fullest mechanical potential, and you'll find yourself struggling to learn what you're doing in the jungle while you figure out how to gank. He's also worthless in team fights unless you're really skilled.

ItsBeanzy 01-20-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X4N4T05 (Hozzászólás 33651796)
Nocturne/Lee Sin are great junglers with epic lategames. Give Jarvan IV a try as well. 3 forms of CC

lees late game isn't actually that good, your kinda forced to build him tank and his ult is useless for anything other than peeling

soonerfreak 01-20-2013 01:47 AM

I really like Nocturne. The Ult is useful for taking someone out, starting a fight, and making someone back off a tower because they may not know you are way out of range but don't want to risk being hit by it.

Etherimp 01-20-2013 02:24 AM

Problems with Nocturne...

1. Pre-6 ganks are mediocre.
2. Nocturne is relatively squishy (he's an assassin.)
3. Nocturne has no escapes, so once he commits, he's all in..
4. His Ulti sorta forces him to commit.

All in all.. He's great if your team can hold their own for 6 levels.. But after that, you better hope the enemy team is not fed, otherwise you can easily be neutralized and your ganks can go poorly.

I mentioned Trundle and Skarner and Mundo already, but I also support Jarvan..

Jarvan = Great mobility, tanky, can peel, has great CC..
Trundle = Wonderful disengage, great mobility, awesome early game damage, and a great duelist.. falls off late game.
Skarner = Overall awesome, but he can be susceptible to kiting.
Mundo = Very fast jungle, A little difficult to balance early game (negative sustain in the jungle), but if you get enough practice to get good with him you can overcome that, and he becomes unkillable late game.. Only problem is he doesn't bring a lot of CC to ganks.