League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Learning to jungle (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3019339)

DeliriousCalibre 01-19-2013 04:50 AM

Learning to jungle

Title really says it all. Im just looking to pick up and start learning to jungle but Im not too savvy on routes, builds, and only have a limited knowledge of champions that excel at jungling as well as who would be good to help me learn the role. So any help will be greatly appreciated and all will be considered.

SCREW U TRIBUNAL 01-19-2013 08:52 AM

Build attack speed or ad marks, full armor seals, magic resistance per level glyphs, and whatever you want for quints. I usually start hunters machete and 5 pots. Start blue with leash, then wolves, then wraiths, then red, then i would gank. I hope i helped, if not there are guides on solomid and mobafire that you can look up

Lrocenahs 01-19-2013 09:03 AM

If you are lvl 30 with full runes, I've seen videos of people following the above (andrisko) course using WW and then getting dragon at champ lvl 4. You just have to keep an eye on the enemy team and hope nobody decided to drop an early ward by the dragon. Otherwise...gank...

GoombaStompin 01-19-2013 01:43 PM

Always start with Machette and 5 health potions.
Always take smite.
Master Amumu early in your Career.
Try as many free week jungle champs out as you can =)

Focus less on what jungle Route to take, and more on specific goals.
Early goals: Take down both of your buff camps right away. Get level 3-4 so you can gank lanes comfortably.
Mid goals: Hit level 6 asap, and smash on some lanes. Make sure your buffs don't stay up long enough for the enemy to steal them. Try leading the team to take towers and maybe a dragon.

The most versatile Rune Page:
Red: flat Attack Speed
Yellow: flat Armor
Blue: scaling Magic Resist
Quints: Movement Speed

When smiting an important target (Baron, Dragon, Buffs), highlight the smite icon on your summoner spells and review how much damage it does. Then click on the Baron/Dragon to see its HP bar (showing the actual HP) at the top of the screen. Deep breath, clear your mind. Only smite when you can visually confirm the Target has less hp than your smite. <- This will help you with drastically reducing the number of steals the enemy team pulls off.

Prepair for a lot of hate from your public teams. Junglers control the game and lead the team,... so in the eyes of your teammates everything that goes wrong is your fault. =D

Savage MoFo 01-19-2013 05:12 PM

my shaco route.

counter jungle (usually red),

gank top.

then take your buffs. blue first then red.

if the enemy team has mid or bot pushed gank it.

recall.

jungle a bit untill around 7-8mins.

the enemy red should respawn soon, take it.

gank top. push top, win lane.

give blue to mid.

recall.

ward red and push a lane.

take drag when its safe.

i go 21/0/9 masteries. ad, as, armor runes.