League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   what is wit's end good for now? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3019281)

FatesDefiler 01-19-2013 03:42 AM

what is wit's end good for now?

who is still building wit's end? I had already replaced the item with either SotD or malady in all of my builds after the last cost increase...

anyone else think the nerfs went overboard? it doesn't seem to compare with other similar items anymore to me.

ROOOOOAST 01-19-2013 04:41 AM

Champ who buy this are : irelia, shen, cho, warwick.

Its for bruiser who need attack speed.
Malady is for champ that get ap.
SoD is not made for bruiser, its made for like vayne. Because you need to have a lot of AD to make it worthwhile (id say BT, IE)

67chrome 01-19-2013 02:50 PM

Wit's End is more something you pick up for granting defense and offense, so if you compare it to pure offense items it's obviously going to be lacking. You get it when you want magic resistance but still want to build auto-attack power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROOOOOAST (Hozzászólás 33650360)
SoD is not made for bruiser, its made for like vayne. Because you need to have a lot of AD to make it worthwhile (id say BT, IE)

Vayne scales better with crit and attack speed than pretty much all the other carries, and worse with attack damage though. Giving her AS and Crit from an item-active is a little risky. I always figured it was better on champions that are stacking plenty of AD and don't scale well enough with critical strikes or attack speed to really itemize for it, but can certainly put both to good use when they get to ridiculous values.

JustMyBassCannon 01-19-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Shyvana...

FailBomber 01-20-2013 03:45 PM

Or Vi getting denting blows much faster...

TurtleRush 01-20-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Any champion against an AP bruiser should have some sort of MR. Fiora might have some other choices in mind. Udyr is a good choice. Someone mentioned Shyvana. I would build it on teemo vs singed. Volibear is another choice. Shaco or on Hit LB. Rammus as it seems to be the only decent damage / defensive item he can get. Granted Ionic spark is gone, but putting on hit on a twitch is always funny.

I would also build one if my team was so stupid as to go all AD. Pantheon mid, Riven top, Miss Fortune bot with nami support, and Lee Jungle. Seems dumb but I even have a rune page set up since s1 of all armor.

Xela Syab 01-20-2013 08:42 PM

I think Hexdrinker is just outclassing it since you get it faster get a nice passive and higher base mr stats. I think it shoulda got tenacity instead of Zephyr.

WontonSoup123 01-21-2013 02:13 AM

wen i play attack speed ap teemo and im versing a very ap ehavy team or a team where the apc is heavily fed i would pick it up until late late game where i would quickly drop it for a better item, its to help counter ap mostly for any champs who need att speed.

Dark Kuno 01-21-2013 02:42 PM

Cho, Udyr, Shyvanna, Vi, Irelia, Warwick are the ones who typically get it

I've also seen it built a lot on Kayle lately to provide some MR while still providing high offensive benefit (since she scales so well from attack speed).

IonDragonX 01-22-2013 03:26 PM

Some good points in this thread.

The nerf to the MR was really a bad move by Riot. The expensive Recurve Bow and the expensive combine cost slows your build down too much too.

I'd be SUPER happy to see something like this:

Wit's End (Melee only)
Hexdrinker (1350) + Stinger (1250) + 850 = 3450
+25 Attack Damage
+40% Attack Speed
+25 Magic Resistance
+10% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive - Lifeline: Upon taking magic damage that would reduce Health below 30%, grants a shield that absorbs 250 magic damage for 5 seconds (90 second cooldown - Basic attacks reduce this cooldown by 1 second per hit).
UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks deal 17 bonus magic damage on hit.
UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks grant +5 Magic Resist for 5 seconds on hit (stacks up to 4 times).

Wheeee! This would be soooo coooool!
Because it now adds AD, I reduced the on-hit damage accordingly. The passives would all be negated in the hands of a RADC for balance reasons. The spell shield getting refreshed by auto-attacking is thematically relevant.