League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   How to use Evelynn's (newish) ult? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3018701)

FaeriiFalcon 01-18-2013 10:40 PM

How to use Evelynn's (newish) ult?

So after, Evelynn's recent nerfs, I've been kind of at a loss on how to use her ult in dominion. The longer cooldown is fair, and the range was something that needed to be fixed, but the change in the damage is something that's kind of over the top for me. Before, I could use her ult for assassinations, turning around team fights, using the shield in tight situations, getting the slow on escaping enemies... the list goes on. Now, I'm just not finding it useful in any situation. Using the ult early deals the damage, but the shield is kind of wasted. Using it later gives you a surprise shield, but virtually no damage to help you follow up on it. Right now, I don't know what it's good for besides the slow or the aoe cap interruption. Every time I use it, I feel like it's wasted.

I'd complain about how I wish they had nerfed the damage differently, instead of changing the percent damage, but what's done is done. Any suggestions on how I can use her nerfed ult effectively?

Torenia 01-18-2013 11:01 PM

The ult change was quite devastating, a shame they couldn't lower the CD to compensate for it even though it was pretty ridiculously strong pre-patch.

If you go the DFG route, be sure to ult before using it.

I use the ult now for starting team fights or for the shield bonus with the rare moment to catch up to someone I at the time wouldn't have been able to catch for whatever reason. Rarely use it when cleaning up anymore unless I needed that shield.

We are use to its pre-patch amazing op-ness, just have to adapt.

konfetarius 01-18-2013 11:09 PM

If you want to maximize damage, open with DFG, then ult. +20% damage gains more than you lose from taking out 15% of their max health first.

Catnium 01-18-2013 11:54 PM

^this

bierfaust 01-19-2013 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konfetarius (Hozzászólás 33644750)
If you want to maximize damage, open with DFG, then ult. +20% damage gains more than you lose from taking out 15% of their max health first.

Pretty much this, no idea why people are having a hard time realising this.

Damage casts should always be Current HP -> Max. HP-> Fixed amount. Bit of a no brainer really. Unless those spells have additional effects to consider like DFG magic damage amplify.

Evelynn Butt 01-19-2013 09:57 AM

You use it the same as you always did.

MajorUrsa 01-19-2013 10:17 AM

I find it funny that Riot just had this big debacle with the overnerfing of Rengar and Diana, and here they come again with Round 2 with huge Eve nerfs...

SuperQuackDuck 01-19-2013 10:50 AM

You open with dfg and ult immediately after. Just like you would with any other burst caster like say, fizz

HaIfhearted 01-19-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorUrsa (Hozzászólás 33655442)
I find it funny that Riot just had this big debacle with the overnerfing of Rengar and Diana, and here they come again with Round 2 with huge Eve nerfs...

Except Eve is still op in Dom.

FaeriiFalcon 01-19-2013 12:08 PM

Well, I have been using it the same as I always have been, with dfg. It just never accomplishes much anymore. In a team fight that's going well, it's kind of overkill. And in a team fight that's going badly, the shield is nice, but it's hard to follow up on it.