League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Addition to Zephyr's Recipe (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3017848)

Tripping Hedges 01-18-2013 05:23 PM

Addition to Zephyr's Recipe

Riot and Community,

I would like to know your thoughts regarding Zephyr's current recipe build and any suggestions regarding the item itself. Being one of only three items to offer Tenacity--on top of providing the highest permanent movement speed increase available, great amounts of attack speed, and helpful speed in cooldown reduction--Zephyr is instantly appealing. Current strategy, however, demands Tenacity in the early and middle game phases, and as such, Zephyr is typically disregarded in place of the traditional Mercury Treads or the jungle's Spirit of the Ancient Golem. Rushing Zephyr is one option, but such a route proves inefficient due to its high recipe cost (1200) neglecting champions from much-needed stats in the early game.

Adding another item to the recipe might add more incentive to building Zephyr in place of its tenacious counterparts. Say if a second Long Sword was thrown in, that would reduce the recipe cost by 400G without having to alter the stats of the final build, as the additional 10 attack damage is already included with the final purchase. This means champions wouldn't have to save their gold for so long, making for more effective play until Zephyr is finally completed. Although this may seem like a small difference to some, I believe it would greatly improve the usefulness and demand of this item. I am suggesting this as an alternative to altering the stats it currently provides, which I would hate to see happen.

Current Recipe:
Stinger + Long Sword + 1200G

Suggested Recipe:
Stinger + Long Sword + Long Sword + 800G

Please discuss and share your thoughts.

Tripping Hedges 01-19-2013 01:37 AM

One and only bump, for DEMACIAAAAAAAAA!!

3mptylord 01-19-2013 03:10 AM

Why not?

I do love carrying all those long swords. ^_^

ROOOOOAST 01-19-2013 04:57 AM

Well, not sure if that is a buff or a nerf, because if you arent rushing, your item list : flask(or pot), boot, another item, ward. Its the same thing when they buffed hexdrinker by removing a long sword from its recipe.

Tripping Hedges 01-19-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROOOOOAST (Hozzászólás 33650529)
Well, not sure if that is a buff or a nerf, because if you arent rushing, your item list : flask(or pot), boot, another item, ward. Its the same thing when they buffed hexdrinker by removing a long sword from its recipe.

I don't understand, but that may be because I'm not completely learned. Why would adding an item to the recipe nerf the item overall? I don't see how it might prevent the player from the typical starting items you described or hinder them in any other way.

Xela Syab 01-19-2013 10:11 PM

Zephyr is such a weird item only fit for Irelia, Vi, Panth, Mundo, and Trundle. In all honesty I'd rather them put Tenacity on Wits end than Zephyr and just make it cheaper or put a different passive on it. When Riot reworked the tenacity items they forgot that Merc Treads is so appealing because it gives mr and Tenacity. This makes the other tenacity items unappealing because it may help against cc but does nothing against mages burst.

Doumz 01-20-2013 07:20 AM

I feel Zephyr damage (20) is not enought or useless for late game, maybe make an upgrade of it with more damage or just remove it in favor of another stat.

PrinceOfUruk 01-20-2013 05:36 PM

Zephyr is actually really good on quite a few Junglers and shines a lot when you're ahead or need dps, it gives a lot despite seeming like giving you just a lil bit of everything, it may be a tad expensive but it does actually give you a great deal of damage and protection.

Windless Bear 01-20-2013 09:23 PM

Zephyr is definitely an amazing item. You're completely right that waiting so long for the Tenacity really makes it difficult to avoid Merc Treads instead, though.

Dark Kuno 01-21-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xela Syab (Hozzászólás 33677869)
Zephyr is such a weird item only fit for Irelia, Vi, Panth, Mundo, and Trundle. In all honesty I'd rather them put Tenacity on Wits end than Zephyr and just make it cheaper or put a different passive on it. When Riot reworked the tenacity items they forgot that Merc Treads is so appealing because it gives mr and Tenacity. This makes the other tenacity items unappealing because it may help against cc but does nothing against mages burst.

It's becoming core on Kayle as well

it allows her to build Zerkers and still get Tenacity and also gives her just about every other stat she could want with the exceptions of AP. Since Kayle will also want Whit's End for her generic MR option.