League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Janna vs Morgana? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=30177)

Default 11-29-2009 11:24 PM

Janna vs Morgana?

So, why would I ever buy Janna when I can get Morgana.

I'm actually kind of serious, and would like someone to help me out, as Morgana just seems better in nearly every way, and well, Janna's only advantage is she's like Morgana-lite, ala cheaper, which doesn't mean much when if I really cared enough, I could power out 3000 + IP in 2-3 days.

I mean, Ok lets just take a look at their skills.

Skillshots - Jannas can go through stuff, but can easily be seen/avoided, also has no real purpose on this hero, as her damage is poor, and how does a minor CC synergize with her character, on the other hand, Morgana has her binding, which is harder to hit, but does damage, and synergies well with her character, you can get people stuck in her goo, in Singed's goo, stop someone from escaping, all sorts of fun stuff.

Pit vs Zephyr - Zephyr is nice, as a speed boost lets you get around a bit faster, and the slow is not bad, but compared to Morgana's pit, its just blown out of the water, Pit can clear out a Minion wave easy, it can be thrown down in a team fight to cause massive damage/confusion, you can bind someone into it, and its just great.

Black Shield vs EotS - Before I took a break from LoL, Black Shield could remove all debuffs, make the person it was cast on immune to CC, immune to magic, and still take a huge beating, and it seems it hasn't changed much from the games I've played, the only thing I don't know is can it be cast on towers, because otherwise, it just blows Eye of the Storm out of the water from what I've seen.

Monsoon vs Soul Siphon - Janna knocks back all enemies, and heals her allies, honestly, as someone who plays Yi often, I hate this thing, far to often she KNOCKS AWAY THE PERSON I AM KILLING to try and save someone else, which just turns it into an annoying Ult, it has its uses sure, but Morganas seems far more useful as support, as she does a great deal of damage, snares everyone, and causes panic.

So yeah, curious if anyone has any good reasons for me to pick up Janna over Morgana, as I'd really like to know. The annoying thing is for me, and the reason I'll probably only pick one is they are both pretty much the same here. Like, Zilean is nothing like Morgana, he supports by BLOWING STUFF UP, increasing/decreasing speeds, and his Ulti, its a unique playstyle that feels nothing like Morgana does, same with Soraka, she's all about team support, and keeping people topped off, it feels totally different. Yet Janna and Morgana just look to be the exact same hero with different sounding abilities, yet Jannas are all fundamentally weaker it looks like for whatever reason, or don't synergize very well, which makes me wonder if I'm missing something here, and if so, what is it.

JohnnyPanic 11-29-2009 11:29 PM

Morganna is for tryharding.

But in all seriousness Morganna blows Janna out of the water.

RyuuKitten 11-29-2009 11:31 PM

Janna is pretty underpowered atm.

The Uprising 11-29-2009 11:34 PM

B/c hopefully janna will eventually get buffed. Riot sayed publicly that morganna is way OP, so prepare for a meganerf next patch

And everyone plays morganna, why WOULD you play morganna?

JohnnyPanic 11-29-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Uprising (Hozzászólás 331421)

Because caging fools through walls as they run away is a spectacular feeling.

RyuuKitten 11-29-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

B/c hopefully janna will eventually get buffed. Riot sayed publicly that morganna is way OP, so prepare for a meganerf next patch

lol, they reduce the stun duration on shackles by .5s. That's a huge nerf lemme tell you!

But I play her in premades because I like playing support. And she's more agressive then other support, imo.

Default 11-29-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Because I play Support mainly.

I'm not a big fan of Carries, and well, Tanks are fun, but I played a bit to much out of them in beta, so I can wait on picking up a few of them, Support is just amusing though, it really is fun just sticking behind someone and due to your actions turning them into an absurd killing machine.

I already own Zilean and Soraka, was thinking about getting Morgana, Taric, or Fiddlesticks, really, I realize Morgana is OP, and that she will be nerfed, but I actually enjoy her playstyle quite a bit, so I don't care that this will happen, I'm just wondering if there is anything now that causes Janna to be even remotely close to Morgana, because unless they just totally gut Black Shield to the point of uselessness, she'll still always play second fiddle to Morgana it seems.

Pr0fessional 11-30-2009 12:06 AM

EotS blocks all dmg, blackshield only blocks magical, EotS gives a large damage boost for early game.

But regardless they're completely different types of hero anyways.

Guthrek 11-30-2009 02:44 AM

yeah, they actually have dramatically different playstyles. Janna's is faster and more harassy, morgana's is sturdier and tankier. Morgana's is also more effective.

But.... I've had a ****ing stellar time playing as janna lately. Assumedly you've played Janna and Morgana a bunch each, and didn't just try them once and look at their skills. Just go with whichever one you like better. I like janna because she feels less one trick pony; all of her spells feel more responsive and you have to do a lot more dancing around to be effective. The problem is that until she gets a buff or rework, the tricks just aren't as good.

Although her ult is hella fun to use well. A lot more variety of things you can do with it.

IMSavior 11-30-2009 03:28 AM

jannas ulti is amazing when mixed with flash

5 man gank coming for your group of 3 or 4?

flash in middle ulti push 2-3 of them to your team mates to get their asses kicked while pushing the others away so they cant help

every time i play janna ive done this successfully 3-4 times a game

can be real game changers if done properly

and the early game harass possibilities with her shield is amazing

i think her tornado is a useless waste of space though

other then a momentary stun