League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Vi builds (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3017108)

GodOfAries 01-18-2013 01:32 PM

Vi builds

I have a build but sometimes it doesnt work out so i was wondering what other build is there that she is compatible with?

l3atman 01-19-2013 07:00 PM

Warmogs is nice.

Coloring 01-19-2013 07:09 PM

boots and 5 warmogs

M3GaL0d0n 01-20-2013 11:02 PM

Well there's a nice intro to the community (NOT). So, rushing Warmog's isn't any anymore viable on Vi than it is on any other champion (Which is to say its not viable and completely useless). But figuring out a real build depends on which role you like to play Vi as... Vi can be a powerful initiator and functions well as an offtank, or she can enter fights late and storm the back line, going for carries and squishy mages. The former will see you building heavy defensive stats and going for damage later so you can survive fights and pump out damage and disables for your team. The latter build gives up survivability in favor of more damage and outright killing potential.

I personally play Vi as a jungler exclusively because I prefer other champions solo... Well actually I only play Singed solo top. But Vi is certainly a good solo top, you just need to watch your match-ups to make sure you're not going against a strong anti-melee champion (Riven, Jax, etc...). I run 0-21-9 getting resistances, Mini-Tenacity and Increased Buff Duration. But I would probably take more damage if I was in solo top.

Whether you go jungler or solo top with Vi is up to you, but your build depends on you AND your team. A tank build will give your team a massive edge in fights because Vi is such a great initiator. Pop your ult and slice up the enemy team and dash to a carry and smash up their face with your massive metal gauntlets. Break enemy armor to boost your allied carry's damage while tanking turret rounds or drawing enemy fire.

To build... grab a comfortable mix of armor and MR to counter the enemy team from two or three of the following...

-Ninja Tabi or Mercury Treads
-Spirit of the Ancient Golem (Don't buy with Treads)
-Frozen Mallet
-Iceborn Gauntlet (Don't buy this with FM)
-Sunfire Cape
-Banshees Veil

Round out this build with some mid to late game damage and more survivability with...

-Hexdrinker
-Black Cleaver
-Atma's Impaler
-Guardian Angel

The bruiser build rolls a bit different, I would recommend this as the better one, but its a little bit harder to master as you are a bit glassier.

Grab Mercury Treads, Black Cleaver and Frozen mallet ASAP in whatever order you like. Usually grab Tier 1 boots, then Phage, Treads, Brutalizer, finish the Mallet, and then Black Cleaver. From there, either drive home a win with Blood Thirster and Maw of Malmortius. Or hunker down for late game with Sunfire Cape and Banshee's Veil and toss in a Hexdrinker for damage or maybe toss in a Guardian Angel otherwise.

So this isn't really what I go for every game (I wouldn't tell you all my secrets anyways). But its a decent start to get you rolling and help you set up your own build. Try out some other Items if you think it looks good on Vi, but make sure you maintain a stable balance between survivability and damage.

-GLHF

IS195480cc341bd7c7105ee 01-20-2013 11:55 PM

Hey dude, I love Vi, play her top and rarely get out bullied. M3ga pretty much summed it up. You can't go far wrong with his advice with practice and learning what you can and can't do.

Personally I play her top though with 21/9/0 masteries. Starting boots 3 pots. Mix of AD and ArmPen Reds/ Armor Yellows/ Mres Blues/ AD quints. Then I Build this:

-Phage.
-Tabi
-Zephyr
-Finsh FM
-defensive items to counter enemy.

I find once you get zephyr and FM you become a handful. Her burst is insane with the right combo. I normally save ult if I am against a champion that either has a disengage or something i need to interupt. Attack speed on Vi is awesome and zephyr has everyhting she needs. That plus the proc from hitting a target 3 times melts people.

Top lane though I just farm and harass with E. Can be mana hungry to begin with burt this soon passes. Dont forget her Q procss her W aswell.

Enjoy.

Cenerae 01-21-2013 02:20 AM

You need: tankiness, sticking power, and raw AD.

You don't need: attack speed.

So, in your build you will want either a frozen mallet or an iceborn gauntlet - not both. Pick according to your preference. Both are good, though I prefer the mallet myself.

If you're jungling, you'll want to get the spirit of the ancient golem eventually, though you can skip this if you wish to.

You'll want a warmogs in your build. And a black cleaver. With a cleaver and mallet you have enough power to take out your targets pretty well. Bloodthirster and last whisper provide more damage, guardian angel and randuins give you more bulkiness. Pick as you need.

Attack speed seems like it would be a good stat for Vi, but it's focused around the idea that you will stand still and punch people to proc W repeatedly. This won't happen enough to make it a really good stat. It's easy to proc your W on the first time around and that gives you more than enough AS to keep proccing it on the occasions you can beat on someone for a long time. AS isn't necessarily *bad* but her total AD ratios are very high, and she plays out more like a burst AD caster than a sustained dps. Once her skills have all played out she loses most of her momentum and AS just weakens this.

Just my views on her so far, hope it helps.

Amalickiah 01-21-2013 07:31 AM

Like Cenerae said, you don't need attack speed. Since her Q and E will proc W's %hp damage, CDR increases your dmg output way more than attack speed.

Lately I have been doing Wriggles-> Merc Treads-> Phage

The fourth item will vary depending on enemy team comp etc. I get Aegis if the support isn't building it, Frozen Heart if against heavy AD, Trinity Force if I get early kills and need to carry, and Frozen Mallet or Hexdrinker vs heavy AP.