League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Whose to Blame in the following scenarios (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3016482)

LastTestament 01-18-2013 09:46 AM

Whose to Blame in the following scenarios

Common Scenarios in Pregame chat..whose to blame

Player 1: Mid
Player 2: top
Player 3: Jung
Player 4: .....
Player 5. adc
Player 4's turn to pick....:WTF GUYS WHY DO WE HAVE AHRI?! I picked a mid char already!

Player 1: I Mid
Other players call various roles
Player 1: MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID
Other players: we would prefer you jungle
Player 1: MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Other player picks Mid but does not do well...Player 1 verbally bashes him the whole game

Player 1 and Player 2: were duo...he gets mid
Player 3: but i have a higher win rate and can counter pick
Player 1 and 2 get their way and player 2 feeds.

LastTestament 01-18-2013 09:49 AM

Hrm......

Dante Brimscone 01-18-2013 09:50 AM

The professional scene, as far as I understand it, is responsible for concreting a meta and essentially splitting the game into 5 roles, none of which can be duplicated. It's likely resulted in this calling thing because no one wants to play support, few want to jungle, and no role is allowed to have more than one person occupying it.

From what I've read, before the pro scene took off (s1) there wasn't nearly as much bickering over who went where.

LastTestament 01-18-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante Brimscone (Hozzászólás 33622194)
The professional scene, as far as I understand it, is responsible for concreting a meta and essentially splitting the game into 5 roles, none of which can be duplicated. It's likely resulted in this calling thing because no one wants to play support, few want to jungle, and no role is allowed to have more than one person occupying it.

From what I've read, before the pro scene took off (s1) there wasn't nearly as much bickering over who went where.

The meta is far more then roles...it's the optimal path of play.
that's not the issue here, the issue here is assumptions and now ..Lolking.

You will not get that role if someone feels they are better at it then you and this could be stat based...or simply they feel that they can do another role because they are semi decent in one other.

duos are worst cause it adds a xenophobic aspect of us vs them

orakio 01-18-2013 10:05 AM

None of these are clear cut scenario's. They all sound like poor communication and unwillingness to work with others from multiple players.

ThisTimeForREALS 01-18-2013 10:07 AM

Common scenario in pregame chat

Player me: *says nothing, fills in a role that hasn't been called or is still needed*

No one is to blame.

CrazedPorcupine 01-18-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante Brimscone (Hozzászólás 33622194)

THis is true, It was very similar to Dota in the fact that different roles were able to swap around, Mid lane used to have ranged carries or AP nukers that needed the levels. Bot was generally tanky CC with AP if AD Carry was mid, top was for tanks if their was a jungler, and if no jungler, then a second support was at top with the tanks.

ManDudeMcDudeman 01-18-2013 10:09 AM

Humanity.

Koivu 01-18-2013 10:11 AM

If pick 4 has already picked by the time that everyone else is calling their roles this means you are playing blind normals.

In which case use your head, talk and if someone already has a champ picked and you cannot tell that their karthus or w/e is meant to go mid that is whoever else is picking mid being stupid and not saying anything to the other guy who has a mid pre selected before locking an ahri

Worst Zed Ever 01-18-2013 10:12 AM

Its everyone's fault for everything.