League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   so. I'm a terrible newb/feeder/idiot every game I play... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=30162)

Drakantus 11-29-2009 10:21 PM

so. I'm a terrible newb/feeder/idiot every game I play...

...when I don't select one of the three heroes I played while leveling up my summoner.

This is a horrible flaw in the matchmaker. I lose about 90% of the games I play and I know I am mostly to blame, because I have been trying to learn new champions instead of riding on the ones I am good with. I feel sorry for the players I get matched with.

Of course this only screws over the people I play against when I go back to playing with friends in a premade, as I switch back to a character I am good with and we face newbies because I tanked my Elo rating so much practicing new heroes...

edit: there seems to be some confusion, so let me clarify: I am OKAY with this. I know it sucks for the people i get matched up with, but I'd rather lose and gain IP than play practice games. To me this seems like a flaw in the system. Even if I don't "abuse" it, other people will. Why play "practice" games for 0 IP when you can just practice in a real game? I just think it's a flaw that needs to be fixed at the matchmaker/engine level rather than expect players to change how they play when learning new heroes.

Here on Earth 11-29-2009 10:22 PM

So play Practice games instead of ruining peoples games by being a failure.

smithz 11-29-2009 10:23 PM

Practice games are win.

Drakantus 11-29-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here on Earth (Hozzászólás 331284)
So play Practice games instead of ruining peoples games by being a failure.

Practice is a joke. I have played practice, but stomping bots doesn't teach you to play.

Also, this is my time. I know it sucks for my teammates, but at least I get some IP for losing with a new hero, it's just not worth my time to play practice games for no gain.

Here on Earth 11-29-2009 10:24 PM

Pro tip: Practice games can be played with real people.

looney 11-29-2009 10:24 PM

There is practice against human players.

Drakantus 11-29-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looney (Hozzászólás 331293)
There is practice against human players.

That is what I am doing, and the human players on my team don't like losing, but we do because of elo :P

Puff 11-29-2009 10:57 PM

Here is a CRAZY CONCEPT:

If you are good at this game, you can play everyone, in the ELO bracket you are in. Top Tier play you might not be as on, but in low level, shouldnt effect it one bit.

It is simple.

*edit*

Make a SMURF and play on noobie island to learn.

Nerdrage 11-29-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakantus (Hozzászólás 331342)
That is what I am doing, and the human players on my team don't like losing, but we do because of elo :P

Okay, here's a step by step tutorial on how to play practice games with people, not bots, that have nothing to do with Elo.

Click Play
Click Practice & Bot Games
Join a practice game with some people.
Wait for it to fill
???????
PROFIT!!!!

Drakantus 11-29-2009 11:12 PM

I need IP. Why should I sacrifice the ability to buy runes just because the matchmaking system is flawed? No thanks, I'd rather lose in games that give IP than play pointless practice fake games.

Actually, maybe the reason I lose is lack of proper runes? 120 hp for nothing sure would be nice to have, but I won't ever get those runes from playing practice games.