League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Smite needs to be changed (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3015696)

marziparzi 01-18-2013 03:34 AM

Smite needs to be changed

Since there isn't a suggestion page for summoner spells, I'll post this here.

Smite needs a change. Killing one minion is so inconsequential. Instead, I think it should be removed and be added with a completely new, similar summoner spell. Maybe a spell that clears every minion in a range(but with no gold earned from those minions. Since that might be a bit too op). This makes sense because if you want to defend against a champion with a large wave of minions, that makes it very hard to defend your tower especially if you are going 1vs1. If you leave the minions, they will neutralize your tower, but if you fight the minions, you will be attacked by your opponent. In that case, you can use your summoner spell.
Alternatively, it can be used offensively to clear the minions quickly before your opponent gets to the tower in time to have an advantage.

smXho 01-18-2013 04:13 AM

smite is fine, because its pretty useless

the only use i can find is hard counter heimer

it will work only if draft pick doesn't take 10 year to queue up

Redeemed In Fire 01-18-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smXho (Hozzászólás 33614041)
smite is fine, because its pretty useless

http://i.imgur.com/UzTta.gif

Epjest 01-18-2013 05:22 AM

0/10

Redeemed In Fire 01-18-2013 05:33 AM

To address the actual topic, I am *very* in favor of replacing Smite with another defense/push-oriented summoner spell. The first one I'd want to try is deal X true damage to all minions in AoE and heal for 2% missing health per minion struck. Maybe even fiddle with flat damage to enemy champions (100?) or instakill on all pets.

Nyx87 01-18-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marziparzi (Hozzászólás 33613609)
Smite needs a change. Killing one minion is so inconsequential. Instead, I think it should be removed and be added with a completely new, similar summoner spell. Maybe a spell that clears every minion in a range(but with no gold earned from those minions. Since that might be a bit too op). This makes sense because if you want to defend against a champion with a large wave of minions, that makes it very hard to defend your tower especially if you are going 1vs1. If you leave the minions, they will neutralize your tower, but if you fight the minions, you will be attacked by your opponent. In that case, you can use your summoner spell.

They have a summoner that does just that, it is called Garrison.

You also have to understand Smite's primary function, which is to secure jungle objectives(Red, Blue, Dragon, Baron, Vilemaw) safely, not rapidly. So, in Dominions case, Smite has no purpose and is not needed because there are no creature buffs that need to be secured.

Ikruti 01-18-2013 08:47 AM

What about if it was changed to work on ally Teemos?

Hell, maybe just any Teemo.

I'm thinking you just made an awesome play at Windmill and managed to get a Quadra-kill, you think, man, too bad the fifth guy is in bot lane. Ah ha you say! You smite your own Teemo for a penta kill!

MajorUrsa 01-18-2013 08:51 AM

So how about a replacement?

"Magnetism (Summoner Spell) 180 Second CD:
Target champion is pulled to your location. Enemies are slowed by 25% and allies are healed for 120-600 depending on level. Range 700"

The idea is this is a dual purpose spell, that allows defensive and offensive uses, much like my other favorite dominion spell, garrison. Offensively it allows you to chase, or initiate on an opponent, at a reasonable range, while slowing them, but unlike exhaust, does not prevent them from dealing damage, making this a spell that is useful to tanky champions and not squishier carries. Defensively an ally gets caught out or CCd it allows you to stave off some of the damage and pull them out of the fire (Could also be used for trolling, and since you may not want it used on you, especially if youre baiting a gank or some other nonsense this part of the ability could become an issue.)

Ikruti 01-18-2013 08:54 AM

Ouch, that Magnetism spells sounds terrifying. First, of course as you mentioned was your own team trolling. But second, there are already some champs who are almost impossible to get away from, that would definitely make it impossible.

On the other hand, I loathe champs who have get out of jail free cards. So...hmm....

Nope, still think it would just go poorly.

BdMtFk 01-18-2013 08:55 AM

make if u have smite no cast time for crystal thing in the middle

aww yissss