League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I was thinking.. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3015295)

170 Calories 01-17-2013 10:21 PM

I was thinking..

So I was thinking about some of my cases today which ranged from highly abusive players to mild gg noob players. I was thinking about a system to separate the very mild on the fence offenders from the highly toxic players and I came up with a system that I think might work. It goes like this, on the review page under the punish pardon button we could put in three more buttons that rate the offence. Then punishments could be dealt out with a bit more accuracy. For example if this is your second time in the tribunal and your up for a time ban but your cases are voted as mild you get a warning instead. On the flip side if you are voted highly toxic on your first visit to the tribunal you skip the warning and go to a time ban. Im open for discussion on this and im sure there are problems with it, but I feel like its a way to reach out to the minor offenders and strike hard at the more toxic ones at the same time.

For example the first button would be mild and would include players who say gg noob at the end of a game or for mild spamming.

The second button would be for people who lost their tempers but still retained some self control over their language.

The third is for highly toxic players, racists, sexual comments, hate comments and so on.

Mitey Oosik 01-17-2013 10:59 PM

hmmmmm, interesting idea.

Jesus the Friend 01-17-2013 11:04 PM

It would certainly solve a lot of problems.

I highly doubt your idea will be taken into consideration though.

embalmdk 01-18-2013 04:39 AM

This now starts getting to the point of distributing punishment not just making a judgment decision. With this mild may constitute a warning etc. and Riot could redo the algorithm. This is interesting but may put to much control in the hand of the judges (aka Tribunal reviewers). Interesting Idea, just wondering how to program it.

Enterti 01-18-2013 04:41 AM

Sounds like a cool idea, I support it.

UubeNubeh 01-18-2013 04:50 AM

Its a good idea, but you might just be over thinking your decisions on what to choose for the case.
When i have this issue and cant decide, i compare the cases to the summoners code i saw somewhere on the LoL site, would you want to see something like that on a regular basis? Does it promote negativity? Is it behavior you could take/handle in a game?

Its not bad to be accurate but making it simple makes it work. If the case really comes out as a false punishment it will get fixed.

Saint Latona 01-18-2013 04:51 AM

Hmm, an interesting idea. I'll need to study the Tribunal even more so that I can be a more effective judge if this gets implemented.

Kirska 01-18-2013 05:03 AM

I would only be in favor of this system if the feature was only accessible to people who have proven they take tribunal seriously.

TheNarvalOfDeath 01-18-2013 07:18 AM

Interesting idea, although again the problem seems to be that the community of voters have different standards. For example if a player somewhat rages at some point and then in the end he is calm but says "gg noobs"... where would you put that? Perhaps having a clar guide to decided what is considered mild, what is raging and what is plain and simply toxic would allow this new feature to work better because again. What if the case we have doesnt show anything really strange so we go with mild, but in the rest of the matches that dont show up, the player is extremely toxic?

To go along with this feature i would support a small change on the way the tribunal makes the cases. I think it should stop being an all time random thing, i think the system should select those matches where the accused got more reports and only when there are some matches with the same number of reports select one by random.

For example:
Mister A has got 54 reports from different games
On 1 game he got 6 reports
On 2 games he got 5 reports
On 6 games he got 3 reports
On 4 he got 2 reports
On 12 he got 1 report
Mister A's case shoud be built with the game with 6 reports, the 2 games with 5 reports and 2 of the games where he got three reports that are selected at random.

Because one could guess that games where he got the most reports are the ones where he was more toxic, so he could see his worst performances and better decide if he is toxic, mild or just a sometimes rager

Llesh 01-18-2013 08:36 AM

Like many others have said an interesting idea, that would need much thought to figure out pro's and cons... just a quick thing that pops into my mind though is repeat offenders... those who consistently violate the summoner's code are given progressive punishments to my understanding, how would this work in a tiered punishment system?

For example lets assume; a person who consistently spams a mild offense at the end of a game goes to tribunal and is ranked as a mild offender each time. They are given warnings each time but continue the behavior that is getting them punished, this negates the effect that the tribunal has.

If they get a warning for the first time, then progressive punishments for continued offenses... whats the difference between that and the current system?