League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Riot, please fix the imbalance between purple and blue team's view... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=301448)

CanAPanda 10-20-2010 11:56 AM

Riot, please fix the imbalance between purple and blue team's view...

Hi, this is my second thread to be posted on the subject that is the imbalance between purple and blue team. In this thread I would like to change my focus away from fixing the problem by allowing the camera to zoom out more to simply allowing the ability to flip the camera angle by 180 degrees.

The problem is that when playing on purple team a locked camera player (like myself) finds them in a position which involves the inability to see the enemy champions that are withing their light radius because of the camera angle which faces towards the north (towards purple team). While a blue team champion can see all of their forward facing light radius which almost always encompasses the purple players. Here's a video and a picture to help better illustrate what I'm talking about.
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...Panda/img1.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYLp9AXNuis
As you can see, many of the longest range skill shots (apart from global ultimates) have a range that ends at the furthest point of sight (I.E. your light radius) some examples of champions with these skills are; Morgana, Anivia, Galio, Urgot (when locked on), Janna. When the skill shot is aimed upwards in the top 180 degrees of the sight radius you are able to see the full length of the pre-skill pattern (the blue arrow), but when aimed anywhere in the bottom 180 degrees of the sight radius the end of the skill shot is cut off, which doesn't allow for an accurate shot. The blue team typically aims their skill shot in the top 180 degrees and the purple in the bottom 180 degrees if the view. So obviously there is a problem here.

Many people say "just unlock your camera, I can't believe people play with a locked camera!" well people do, and it remains an option in game. It's simply some people's play-style for many reasons of which I won't get into. Personally I play with a locked camera with the camera unlock button key bound to an extra button on my mouse which I only use about 5% of a game. Yes I do know that if you press space bar while your camera is unlocked that it will center the camera on your champion, but I have too many things going on to think to press space bar every time I want to see where my champion is. To me my champion is my focus point, the world revolves around it and it is what I use to judge distances. When I tried unlocked camera I found that almost always I would think I'm running off because I see a champion running off and one tower diving, then I'm dead because I didn't realize that it was me who was tower diving...

I'm sorry that this thread post was so long but I wanted to cover all the bases, so that we can focus on how to fix this problem (which will help everyone) rather than focus on why people play with an unlocked camera or other irrelevant things of which this threads focus is not on.

Lastly heres a link to my original thread if you are interested in my first point of view and how it was changed.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=229439

Melborne 10-20-2010 12:34 PM

I believe we should be able to zoom-out a little more. Despite what most may think.. Purple team does have a disadvantage compared to Blue Team on sight, most players seem to think they don't and there is a huge debate on it. I'm glad CanAPanda has provided this Video for everybody to see some examples of the issue that should be addressed.

If I may Panda (even though I'm talking to you on Mumble about it) I suggest adding in a new poll suggestion for Riot to change the Summoner's Rift (and future maps) to Left and Right sides like the Twisted Tree Line. Instead of diagonal, left and right, both sides would not have any disadvantages over each other.

patmo98 10-20-2010 01:53 PM

> Keep the camera as it is now
Right now I think the camera is broken so I don't think this is a good option.

> Fix the camera directly over head
Fixes the problem, but I can't see Riot doing this because it would cut down on the usefulness of skins and frankly, skins are how they make money.

> Allow free camera rotation
Looks like the best solution I can see, but might not be very hard to impliment if some of the stuff in LoL isn't true 3d.

> Allow the camera to rotate 180 degrees
Also fixes the problem and is much simpler, but I don't think it's as good.

> Allow the camera to zoom out a little bit more
To me, this is a stopgap measure for this problem. Although I would love for the camera to zoom out farther, it doesn't address this problem so I didn't vote on it.

If I had a choice, I would vote on "Allow free camera rotation" or "Allow the camera to rotate 180 degrees" because I think both solve the problem. Because I can't, I went with "Allow free camera rotation".

Edit:
> I suggest adding in a new poll suggestion for Riot to change the Summoner's Rift (and future maps) to Left and Right sides like the Twisted Tree Line.

To me this is a case of solving the wrong problem. Although that would fix it, I don't think that limiting all future maps to horizontal only is the right solution.

DeadAid 10-20-2010 02:28 PM

I agree completely with giving players an option to look "up" or "down". I have the same issue as CanAPanda and this has been exacerbated by the fact that out of the last 20 games I've played about 2 have been with my preferred view.

Amatzikahni 10-21-2010 11:44 AM

There are games where the center of the screen is not the center of the action. Simply move the champion up 1-2 inches on the screen and call that the default position.

I've slightly learned to get around this by unlocking the camera, but then the camera doesn't zoom out nearly far enough to catch the majority of the action and you're forced to prioritize a hotkey for locking your champion to quickly allow the use of abilities like Flash. Even then, the minimap becomes a problem when Flashing down-right (I have flashed up-left many times because my cursor was on the corner of the minimap) and the zoom doesn't allow certain abilities their full targeting range downwards.

CanAPanda 10-21-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amatzikahni (Hozzászólás 3585109)
There are games where the center of the screen is not the center of the action. Simply move the champion up 1-2 inches on the screen and call that the default position.

I've slightly learned to get around this by unlocking the camera, but then the camera doesn't zoom out nearly far enough to catch the majority of the action and you're forced to prioritize a hotkey for locking your champion to quickly allow the use of abilities like Flash. Even then, the minimap becomes a problem when Flashing down-right (I have flashed up-left many times because my cursor was on the corner of the minimap) and the zoom doesn't allow certain abilities their full targeting range downwards.

Allowing camera movement by unlocking then having the ability to RE-LOCK the camera in a position would be amazing.

Seive 10-21-2010 04:20 PM

Let us zoom out just a little more and flip the camera and I'll be happy. I shouldn't be punished because I have a larger monitor. Isn't that the whole point of the fog of war feature, anyway? If you're concerned with Ashe and Ez's skill shots being easier to see then just have them hidden until they're not in the fog. Simple.

Morpheus OP 10-21-2010 04:45 PM

Agree purple team is hard to play on cause of it camera view. its a different feel to the game when on the purple team the camera angle are really mess up cause its hard for me to dodge skill shot and like ashe arrow cause i cant just see it coming

LostMK 10-21-2010 09:14 PM

Riot will never do these things that EVERYONE wants: Increased zoom, Mastery pages, Custom item list (instead of or with recommended item list)

Riot WILL do these things that NOBODY wants: buff/nerf champions that no one was asking to be buffed/nerfed, add skins for champions that already have a ****ton whereas others have none or next-to-none, MAKE LOL LUK PRETTAYUR FUR TEH NEWBLAYERZ

CanAPanda 10-22-2010 08:34 AM

I just played as blitzcrank on purple team... I cannot explain the frustration.