League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Scaling mana-aura (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3014453)

ElevenOfClubs 01-17-2013 06:26 PM

Scaling mana-aura

In my experience, the mana aura is absotutely vital to any mana-hungry champion at early levesl (e.g. Malphite blows through his base mana in less than three rotations).

You simply cannot build enough of a mana pool/mana regen to meet the demands of many high mana champions early.

Late game, this becomes much less of an issue as your base stats kick in, you get the opportunity to build big ticket mana items without completely forgoing both your survivability and damage.

So, presuming that the existing mana aura is undesirable, how does having the aura decay with either level or time sound? Mana-hungry champions can still function in the early game, but less mana-intensive champions don't become essentially manaless late game.

I'm not proposing having the mana aura decay to zero; just decay gradually from double at 0 mana to say 50% (i.e. regular chalice passive) increase at the extreme end of games (i.e. 40 minutes).

Thoughts?

Neizzle 01-17-2013 09:55 PM

Are you talking about the passive they give you on dominion?

If so, it was removed to try and STOP mana-hungry champions from spamming their skills. With it, 'mana champions' essentially become 'energy champions' with a 2,000 pool. At level 6, Kass and Kog can spam their ults around the map without fear of oom, just picking up relics.

You start the game with 1,350 gold. Surely there's enough room in that for a mana item. Heck, most Malphs start with a Prospector's Ring... there's probably a reason for that. Sell it @ level 7 if you want.

Good luck!

smXho 01-18-2013 01:21 AM

i don't play kass, but i find a lot of ap champs i play need that extra bit of mana regen, especially at bot

But then again, i can adjust build and throw a flask in there, so i am happy to see it remove if it stops kass

or why not just delete kass

Redeemed In Fire 01-18-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neizzle (Hozzászólás 33608860)
Are you talking about the passive they give you on dominion?

If so, it was removed to try and STOP mana-hungry champions from spamming their skills. With it, 'mana champions' essentially become 'energy champions' with a 2,000 pool. At level 6, Kass and Kog can spam their ults around the map without fear of oom, just picking up relics.

You start the game with 1,350 gold. Surely there's enough room in that for a mana item. Heck, most Malphs start with a Prospector's Ring... there's probably a reason for that. Sell it @ level 7 if you want.

Good luck!

So forcing a class of champions to buy mandatory items before they can be useful is good... how?

And it wasn't removed, it's still here.

Kholdstare13 01-18-2013 10:49 AM

Dom is mana HEAVY. I OOM on malz about 100% of the time, despite a tear and glacial shroud item. Hell, I have managed to make RYZE oom before, with his 5000 mana pool.

VoidInsanity 01-18-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCIX (Hozzászólás 33614327)
So forcing a class of champions to buy mandatory items before they can be useful is good... how?.

Your right. Lets remove items entirely, buying items is bad. Everyone should get everything they need from the aura without having to buy any items at all.

Talith PA 01-18-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCIX (Hozzászólás 33614327)
So forcing a class of champions to buy mandatory items before they can be useful is good... how?

And it wasn't removed, it's still here.

The only ones without a type of item they are forced to purchase are bruisers and some tanks.

ElevenOfClubs 01-19-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talith PA (Hozzászólás 33624788)
The only ones without a type of item they are forced to purchase are bruisers and some tanks.

And that's only true b/c Warmogs is disabled in the game mode.

Also, I suggested the mana aura be reduced at later stages, not eliminated. The all fight all the time gameplay of Dominion requires at least some mana regen for mana-heavy champions to be viable.