League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Art Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Garen's skill activation sounds! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3013863)

Theorycrafter 01-17-2013 04:12 PM

Garen's skill activation sounds!

Are unacceptable!

He says absolutely nothing on his Decisive Strike(Q), his ms%+ charging ability he usually uses aggressively. Which is strange.
He says either "Demacia!" or "Charge!" upon activation of his Courage(W), his DEFENSIVE ability. Why would he scream either when he uses this skill to disengage, take cover or run away?
He gives out a manly grunt on his signature Judgement(E) ability, the spin to win. I'm sure I don't need to say much what's wrong with this.

Now what I propose is actually quite simple:

Move "Charge!" to his Q. He will now scream "Charge!" whenever he uses Decisive Strike(Q).
The current Judgement(E) grunt will be moved to Courage(W) - it fits, as it sounds like he pumps out his chest, bracing for damage.
"Demacia!" will naturally be moved to current Judgement(E). Because Demacia!

No major changes or effort required, only swap skill sounds.
Thoughts :)?

DoctorBrowne 01-18-2013 05:43 PM

bump

CheeseNOnion 01-19-2013 01:40 PM

Makes sense, but then again you sometimes "charge" away from enemies when your low XD
But this does make more sense. Bump.

Theorycrafter 01-19-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheeseNOnion (Hozzászólás 33663037)
Makes sense, but then again you sometimes "charge" away from enemies when your low XD
But this does make more sense. Bump.

When you're low and you escape, you don't "charge in the opposite direction". You retreat. :P

Theorycrafter 01-20-2013 06:05 AM

Bump.

Draysius 01-29-2013 05:37 PM

I agree with this totally.

Maybe even put "Demacia!" on his ult, just like Jarvan :)

KøD The Chøsen 01-29-2013 05:41 PM

Agreed.

jaywatford 01-30-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unacceptable (Hozzászólás 33596526)
Are unacceptable!

"Demacia!" will naturally be moved to current Judgement(E). Because Demacia!

Hmmm, I'd be interested in opinions here...

Should Garen yell "Demacia!" on his E (Judgement, his most marque ability I'd say) or his Ult (it is called Demacian Justice).

I suggest we start a vote on the forums, if we can get enough people to weigh in and select a clear winner, the audio team will make it happen.

Zerglinator 01-30-2013 08:41 AM

Man, we're talking changes to audio things that have been set for YEARS.

...so while we're talking, can we get Galio and Shyvana to yell DEMACIA when they ult?

Super Explosion 01-30-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaywatford (Hozzászólás 34054798)
Hmmm, I'd be interested in opinions here...

Should Garen yell "Demacia!" on his E (Judgement, his most marque ability I'd say) or his Ult (it is called Demacian Justice).

I suggest we start a vote on the forums, if we can get enough people to weigh in and select a clear winner, the audio team will make it happen.

The Glory Grunt on his ult is excellent the way it is. :)