League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Crystalline Flask not viable post nerf (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3013826)

2320089 01-17-2013 04:02 PM

The Crystalline Flask not viable post nerf

I believe that with the increase in cost of the Flask that it is no longer viable for most champions with the exceptions of a few champs that really need to sustain poke and mana EX. Aniva.
I think the was to fix this would be to make the flask 2 separate items one being the health flask and the other being a mana flask.

This health flask would cost 175GP and would give the champion more sustain in lane and to give non-Mana users the option of building this early and selling it later.

The Mana flask would cost 100GP and would give champs that have a real mana problem early like aniva or singed the option to invest in a little mana regen consumables that will be there up until the mid game.

I then believe that there item then could combine into the crystalline Flask and would receive a slight buff in the regen they give. This combining would cost anywhere from 25 to 100+ dependant on how much Riot would like to buff the regen when combined. I also think that since Flask is not the conventional consumable it should be treated more like another item in the game and have some sort of late game upgrade. I believe that this item should be something like a AOE regen buff to a team or the Active of been able to heal an team mate a total of up to 3-5 times for a set amount. I believe that this will make flask a more interesting item to get and to keep into late game and might change the way consumables are. You may agree with these thoughts and might like to see what this would bring to the game. On the other side you might think this is complete trash. Either way leave a comment on what you think or if you don't want to write out a well thought comment just quickly drop thumbs up or a thumbs down. Thank you for your time.

Terricus 01-17-2013 07:30 PM

Flask is still amazing on any champ that needs a lot of early game sustain with both health and mana. To the degree its cost was increased, its hp regen was increased the same. Mana regenerated in comparison to its cost was actually buffed. I only wish it were a little weaker and cost 295 so I could choose to get a Rejuvenation Bead or Faerie Charm with it. Still, sight wards are usually more useful, and the standard pots stack with it so I'm not complaining.

Kholdstare13 01-18-2013 04:45 PM

No, the flask is fine, it just needs tweaking. Personally I say a 20 gold reduction to allow it to fit into starting builds is all it needs.

evilbryan590 01-18-2013 04:54 PM

Basically, they buffed it if anything. More total hp + mana overall, though the cost is a little more it pays for itself as quickly (basically you get 1 more charge with the combination of the 3 charges). Also flask was designed to be a decision between an early game power item or a greater chance of not dieing o.o...

2320089 01-18-2013 06:44 PM

the point of Flask was so you didn't have to start with boots now that it costs more than boots I do not believe that it suits it's role any more. just an opinion.

ChiSqrd 01-18-2013 10:39 PM

I take it this guy is retarded? It may not be as good early game because if the cost increase but it is still a very good item and the "buff/nerf" made its effectiveness last into the mid game.