League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 19

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How do you deal with players who are extremely good at the game, but complete jerks? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3013562)

an army of dudes 01-17-2013 03:05 PM

How do you deal with players who are extremely good at the game, but complete jerks?

My friends and I played a normal game (we were 4) and we got queued with this Diamond player.

First, in champ selection, he says "mid or afk/feed", so we're like, whatever, let's let him go mid.

In game we were all doing poorly, losing our lane, except him, who was destroying the enemy laner.

He berated us the whole game, calling us "trash bronze kids", or saying that we should "uninstall game and then uninstall life for being so bad".

However, he ended up carrying the game extremely hard. He almost killed the enemy team 1v5, scored a pentakill, and then destroyed the enemy Nexus on his own.

He finished the game 20/2/3.

We wanted to report him, but we were a bit reluctant to do it as it was obvious that without him we would have lost the game hard.

What would you guys do in this situation?

Hieronymus Bosch 01-17-2013 03:06 PM

report him for being a dick

Shaboopie 01-17-2013 03:06 PM

Report. I don't care how good a player is, and neither does Riot. IWillDominate got banned because he was a ******, but he's a pro level player. If you're being a jerk, you deserve both the reports, and the bans.

t0ss 01-17-2013 03:08 PM

You should report him. A good player being a jerk is worse than a bad one being a jerk.

IcePegasus 01-17-2013 03:09 PM

You shut up and let them give free elo to you

Dragonsafe 01-17-2013 03:11 PM

If i was in that game "trash bronze kids" wouldn't upset me at all, the dude was good and comparatively he was just telling the truth.

On that note: "uninstall game and then uninstall life for being so bad." He's a scumbag... report him.

NessOnett 01-17-2013 03:11 PM

Hit the ignore feature when he starts to berate you. And...ignore him.

There should NEVER be a case where someone gets banned purely for things they say. The ignore feature exists for a reason.

(although, on second though, i might report for "mid or afk" because that's bannable)

roswends 01-17-2013 03:11 PM

I'd give that man a medal.

Report if you want but consider the fact you were carried pretty hard. Also people like him are like that because they are tired of people like you feeding their games and causing him to lose. It's a true story. I've had SO many games where I raped my lane but lost because everyone else feeds and doesn't ward.

inb4 downvotes because you noobs know this is true.

Taria05 01-17-2013 03:13 PM

Continue playing with him until you can compete on his level, report him every time he's an ass meanwhile. Soon he will be banned and you can replace him.

Okazaki Yumemi 01-17-2013 03:13 PM

Stay silent and report at end of game. I had the same situation myself a couple of days ago.