League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Please Change The Tribunal (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3013153)

blj04920 01-17-2013 12:58 PM

Please Change The Tribunal

I am not happy with the Tribunal. When it first came out, it was fun going through, reading cases, and punishing/pardoning people. But now, it just seems repetitive.

Most of the reports are on people abusing the summoner's code ( flamers, trolls, jerks), and should be reported. Lately however, I'm seeing cases where, for example, there are three different games, with one report each. Usually, the reports are verbal abuse, intentionally feeding or offensive language, and through the chat log, one can see that these aren't always true reports.

Now, I'm one for fair judgement, but when I review my cases, it seems like other summoners just spam report, constantly. How about some change to the Tribunal?

I've been thinking, and possibly making so you have to read the chat logs. Maybe instead of filing a punish/pardon for a clump of games, maybe file one for each individual game, and then some how come to a conclusion? I don't know, what do you guys think?

PenguinKillBear 01-17-2013 01:02 PM

First of all there is something in place for incorrect reports.
1) you can pardon
2) when people abuse reports their report weight goes down making it so that they mean almost nothing

Exploding Barrel 01-17-2013 01:04 PM

You're right that the system is showing more false reports now. That's because until a few months ago, it prioritized putting games with the most reports into the case. Now, it selects random reported games without caring whether there were 1 or 5 reports. This favors the person on trial as it shows a broader view of their behavior instead of just their couple most egregious games.

MFKrazed 01-17-2013 01:34 PM

I prefer having to think about and actually consider cases. I like that we are seeing more of the false reports and potentially clearing the names and records of good players.

Kinvaras666 01-17-2013 01:49 PM

Maybe it is because the tribunal already did the job of getting rid of the most toxic ones so what is left now is borderline cases?

Isn't that supposed to be a good thing?

Flugal 01-17-2013 09:30 PM

I've gone through about 25 cases so far and I'm not a fan of the tribunal system as it is. I first look at the the number of cases and the time between each case. It is not uncommon to have 5 complaints over 3 different months and they are all judges together.

Second I read the entire transcripts for all the cases, usually there are 5 different games. Of these I find 80% of the time two cases can be dismissed as unworthy of being reported in the first place.

There is very often a case where the person is accused of intentionally feeding. When reading the text maybe 15% of the time someone is being a pain, but usually it's just someone who isn't doing well.

Then sadly with 3 bogus reports usually there will be one very appropriate report where the person was being very disrespectful, rude, or Toxic.

I don't like pushing punish for 1 toxic game out of 5 reports. I'd rather see a system where I can first judge the merit of each accusation... then real reports get stored for a judgement case.

There are 20% of the cases where the person is toxic across all reports. I find more disturbing the amount of people who throw the threat of reporting for any infraction that isn't perfect play.

Fudouri 01-17-2013 09:31 PM

how do you know the 5 complains are over 3 different months?

Saint Latona 01-17-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudouri (Hozzászólás 33608105)
how do you know the 5 complains are over 3 different months?

The Tribunal cases show the date when the report was made when you judge them.

Fudouri 01-17-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint Latona (Hozzászólás 33608317)
The Tribunal cases show the date when the report was made when you judge them.

Oh...i have NEVER actually seen that before...

Wonder why they remove it as a piece of information in review.

Fudouri 01-17-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel (Hozzászólás 33589995)
You're right that the system is showing more false reports now. That's because until a few months ago, it prioritized putting games with the most reports into the case. Now, it selects random reported games without caring whether there were 1 or 5 reports. This favors the person on trial as it shows a broader view of their behavior instead of just their couple most egregious games.

How do you know this?

I ask because my data doesn't back this from a month ago.