League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The new metagame (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=30126)

rogerchew 11-29-2009 07:36 PM

The new metagame

is people leaving and reconnecting around the 24 min mark to surrender so as not to get a leave and don't have to worry about auto kick for afk.

time limit for reconnecting should not be the entire game to have no leave. if you leave for more than a specified amount of time, it should count as a leave, regardless if you reconnect just to surrender.

ZGBudai 11-29-2009 07:45 PM

Agreed.

20 minutes sounds good. 19 minutes is more then enough to fix your connection if something happened.

White Mongoose 11-29-2009 07:48 PM

so what happens if i have internet problems, finally get back in to try and catch up and my team surrenders. should i get a leave for that even though i came back.

i have yet to play a game where someone did that and even if they did the other 4 just click no and keep playing?

Anniie 11-29-2009 07:48 PM

really because I heard the new metagame was health stacking, auras, tanks, and other assorted defensive healfest bull****

IS138d309a4fea569e777b5 11-29-2009 07:49 PM

There is no new metagame.

Same old ****.

Kill nashor = win.

Rename game to Nashor Grand Prix: Race to the Worm, and market it as PvE instead of PvP.

Smolder 11-29-2009 07:55 PM

hmm, pretty sneaky. Have a time limit (20 min does sound good) before you get either a leave, or no exp/ip for the match.

IHaveCrayons 11-29-2009 08:24 PM

Totally agree. I (and others) have posted about this as well, but no response from Riot. Just had a game where a guy trash talked our team then left. He came back every 5 minutes or so to see where the game was at and finally when it was about to end he stayed and didn't get the leave. Checked his profile and saw that he had 0 leaves.

rogerchew 11-30-2009 09:26 AM

really none of you guys had this happen? i think it's absurd and totally gaming the system. The dude reconnected at 24 minutes and I thought oh....he had a change of heart? then realized it was just so he could surrender and not take the loss.

11-30-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogerchew (Hozzászólás 332434)
really none of you guys had this happen? i think it's absurd and totally gaming the system. The dude reconnected at 24 minutes and I thought oh....he had a change of heart? then realized it was just so he could surrender and not take the loss.

I agree this is a problem, but I think having a cutoff for reconnect isn't the solution.

I think a good solution to this (not sure how hard it would be to implement) would be to grant rewards based on the % of the game you were connected. So, if you're gone for 90% of the game, you only earn 10% of the IP/EXP everyone else did.

However, something still needs to be done about AFKers.

EDIT: Also, I haven't actually seen this problem personally, just heard about it from other people. I can only assume that anyone who does this is at a low enough ELO that I don't get matched with them.

Labomba 11-30-2009 09:37 AM

I don't think I've had this happen in any of my games, atleast on my own team. Are people really so concerned with a leave mark that they would go through all this? Seems like a tedious use of time compared to actually playing the game for 25 minutes.

ZzZZZzzZZzzzZzz