League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   WE WANT THE OLD 3v3 MAP BACK (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3011956)

Vybrid 01-17-2013 02:15 AM

WE WANT THE OLD 3v3 MAP BACK

Please Riot, The new 3v3 map sucks. Its dominion 2.0, its not Twisted Treeline. The old map was super fun, new one sucks. Cant you just please give us the old map ALSO!

Eloquid 01-17-2013 03:11 AM

It's not Dominion. Dom is much more fun and I play it exclusively since this bull that Shadow Isle is came out.

Seppoku 01-17-2013 05:13 AM

I like this new map better, but I miss the speed shrine.

Geekweezul 01-17-2013 05:57 AM

How is it Dominion 2.0?

Because of the altars? Those are the only things that even remotely resemble Dominion, and capturing them isn't anything like capturing a point in Dominion.

Stop making this stupid, short-sighted comparison.

eLeeTeR 01-17-2013 06:35 AM

new map is good...

However the old TT was a lot of fun as well. I think it would be nice to have both but I do understand why it will never happen

So just get used to it i guess.

Alpha Q23 01-17-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geekweezul (Hozzászólás 33578722)
How is it Dominion 2.0?

Because of the altars? Those are the only things that even remotely resemble Dominion, and capturing them isn't anything like capturing a point in Dominion.

Stop making this stupid, short-sighted comparison.

While I admit it is not Dominion 2.0. Shadow Isles Is more of a step towards Dominion than what Twisted Treeline was about. TT was suppose to be a different way of playing 5v5. Same set up just different/smaller map.

Shadow Isles is 3v3 With the same concept of destroying the enemy nexus, With a different game mode from TT. Shadow Isles may suck for some people, note it doesn't make it a bad map to everyone. Me personally do not enjoy Shadow Isles, hence why I left LoL. I'm glad people love the new map and let Riot know they did a good job in that. I just wish they could bring TT back since LoL can support all 5 maps. LoL did fine with the 4 maps before the Shadow Isles replacement, why not do it with 5?

Alpha Q23 01-17-2013 12:28 PM

I too admit that people should stop saying its Dominion 2.0. If it was, then when the alters were captured it would take some Nexus Hp down.

The only similarities between Shadow Isle and TT:

You still have to destroy the enemy Nexus.
There is a Jungle between the two lanes.(Though it is different)
There is a boss above top lane.
Its still a right to left map.
There are turrents protecting your/enemy lanes.
You still need to push to get the objective done.

She 01-17-2013 01:10 PM

you guys miss game-breaking wall jumps, 5 minute dragons, 50 minute-long turtle fests and impossible/inconsistent jungling? are you sure about that?

Geomexis 01-17-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by She (Hozzászólás 33590164)
you guys miss game-breaking wall jumps, 5 minute dragons, 50 minute-long turtle fests and impossible/inconsistent jungling? are you sure about that?

I've played 3v3 as my main mode for about 2 years, and still do...and this pretty much sums up the entirety of the old 3v3.

While I liked the map itself, it had major flaws. And the reason people say it's Dominion 2.0 is because Nome decided to add some Dominion items and mechanics, which doesn't warrant the comparison given how they're used in 3v3.

If people sat back and looked at it, they'd realize the current 3v3 is what Riot actually intended it to be. The map wasn't made to be 50 minute-long turtle fests, it was designed around 20-30 minute matches, and the new jungle is infinitely more consistent, although I do miss having buffs.

Lachrimae 01-17-2013 01:24 PM

TT games have gotten a lot longer since the old TT for me...